• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Orchiectomy questions

Cheyenne skye

• Forum Moderator

Truthfully i haven't been able to, or wanted to, see any scaring that may exist.  I had two small incisions.  Apart from some obnoxious itching that occurred as healing took place and the hair grew back out there was little discomfort.  I was able to get around the next day.  I was told not to lift anything over 5 Lbs. if i remember correctly.  On the farm that is difficult but we managed.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Rachel Gia

Here is the link I sent to a friend regarding the opp.

http://transhealth.phsa.ca/medical-options/surgeries/feminizing-surgeries/orchiectomy

I have not had mine yet but and am really not sure what type it will be  as i am a lousy listener but I know it will be minimal as after the procedure is done I will still be able to continue to a cosmetic surgery after that if the money and the need is there.

• Admin

I can't see any scars from mine, and I was back doing regular activities in about 3 days.

Carolyn Marie

• 2 months later...

A few decades ago I went to a noted urologist in Portland's Providence Medical Center for a bi-lateral orchiectomy. It was a simple procedure, a deadening shot in the abdomen just below the navel, ten minutes later another in the scrotum. The surgeon used a laser knife making a single incision in the bottom center of the scrotum and removed both gonads one at a time through the single incision. He then gave it two dissolving stitches and it was over, elapsed time 41 minutes. I rode home with a bag of frozen peas on my crotch, kept it cold with bags of frozen peas for a few days.  Three days later I was up bouncing around normally, didn't need more than one pain pill to get me through. The scrotal tissue didn't shrink or atrophy at all and after all this time it's still good should I decide on SRS at some point. The dangling modifier has atrophied considerably though, it would be hard for a casual onlooker seeing me undressed to know for certain if I was male or female at this point.

• 7 months later...

I’m really seriously contemplating getting an orchie as soon as possible because the adverse side effects of anti androgens is scary. Each one has potential to really do harm and it’s better to just remove them from the equation. Since my sexual function is already something that doesn’t work like normal male anatomy and I don’t have any sperm, they don’t serve any purpose other than just produce enough testosterone to hinder my transition. I’m probably a very rare case of successful estrogen sterilization. This is from the last time I was on E for a year. It’s probably why I’ve been single for years. Just have not had the desire to be with anyone. In the meantime, what’s the safest anti androgen? I’ve read a lot but they all have serious side effects. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Josietg said:

. In the meantime, what’s the safest anti androgen? I’ve read a lot but they all have serious side effects. 

I know of no anti-androgens that are without side effects, Josie.  I would be guided by your physician, or perhaps you can talk to a pharmacist.  There may be some online info, too,  You might check out the WPATH Standards of Care, V. VII.

Carolyn Marie

Well I’ve read about all I can from reputable sites and spiro can give you potassium poisoning, Cypro is a toxic death cocktail with several bad side effects including suicide, prolactinoma which can cause brain tumors and blindness, bicalutimide seems safe but maybe not as effective because it crosses the blood brain barrier and can increase testosterone production and will not get rid of erections, enzalutide causes seizures, darolutimide can create a negative feedback loop to make testosterone ineffective but has mixed results and not enough data, so it could feminize but could also leave you with a boner, GnRH drugs work to block gonads in both men and women but they are primarily used to block puberty in trans children since it shuts off the pituitary which is not useful for trans women trying to grow breasts, finasteride can help hair loss but causes depression, and most dangerously it blocks 5AR isoforms 2 & 3 even after discontinuing but isoform 1 is still produced to try and fit receptors it’s not designed for so this is basically a cancer death sentence, Avodart gives the desired results but seems to target the prostate and masks benign and cancerous tumor growth, so that’s not good. So yeah, back to just getting an orchie. 

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Josietg said:

Well I’ve read about all I can from reputable sites and spiro can give you potassium poisoning

Spironolactone lowered my kidney function 6% in 3 months.  It's not to be taken lightly. As Carolyn Marie stated above, none of them are without side effects.  I was permenantly taken off Spiro yesterday by my endo.  I'm sad about not being able to take T blockers but my kidney function is far more important to me.  So now it's all up the my Estradiol regimen to help me become who I am.

Susan R?

Edited by Dev
Edit: typo correction at Susan's request.

I’m looking into the effects of red reishi mushrooms and they seem to have anti androgen properties but even if they are not as effective, the health benefits are amazing. Can’t hurt to check them out even if it’s just good for health. So I’m going to order some and see what they do for me. Of course I’m going with a reputable supplement company that has a high quality supplements. I’m not expecting them to be a miracle pill but if they reduce my libido even more then that’s good too. I’m not usually worried about it but sometimes for no reason I have those issues pop up. If I can find out before getting on HRT again it may help. I’m going to make sure I give updates about it. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3693613/

Does anyone have knowledge of function and sensations after an orchiectomy? I am seriously considering the surgery as well. I am almost certain that I am sterile but do not want any more children anyway. I have heard conflicting stories about function after

Thanks a bunch. 

Ashlee :)

I’ve heard a lot too but most said that they still had function but it was not involuntary and they had to work at it to get aroused but were not disappointed in it because they had control over their arousal and the sensation is comparable to a clitoris with full body orgasm. That’s something that many transgender women achieve both pre and post op. There are tons of videos on YouTube about it. Most transgender women who sustained feelings and function (although more female in response) say they enjoy it and can’t imagine why anyone would want to have anything else. I’ve listened to several transgender sisters say that comparing notes with post op orchie, post op SRS and Cis women are all in agreement about sensations and climax. Here’s a cute video about a girl ecstatic about her new found pleasure zones. I hope this doesn’t make anyone uncomfortable, I’m just a very sex positive girl and think the female orgasm is one of the most wonderful things in the world. I would never want to go back to the old way of experiencing it.

Just now, Josietg said:

full body orgasm. That’s something that many transgender women achieve both pre and post op.

Omg. This happens to me now. Thats what I'm afraid to lose. Orgasim pre hrt vs post hrt is soooo much better. The way she explains in the video is what happens now. Its very intense and builds up and lasts longer. I want to have an orchiectomy but am worried about arousal, srs complications because of the orchiectomy and sensations. I would like to come of of blockers asap.

That video is so cute. She's adorable. 

Thank you! 

Ashlee ?

I love that feeling as well. The way she describes it about getting warmer (almost like a prolonged increasing hot flash) and the brain exploding is phenomenal. Then it’s off on a floaty cloud! It’s making me fan muself now... I’m sure if you get that now it’s probably going to be the same or better. I’m looking foreword to not having the beans get in the way and be a constant nuisance. Will make tucking easier too. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi! anyone who has had the orchi, has it been local or general anesthesia?, if local or general why did you/the doctor choose that anesthesia method? thank you!

• 4 months later...

I love reading through the posts on this forum. Everyone seem so supportive and caring. I get so much positive energy from this place. ❤️

I'm a total noob when it comes to orchiectomy. Do they remove the entire scrotum during the standard procedure or is that something you need to do separately? 

• 4 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 8:56 AM, Mediator said:

I love reading through the posts on this forum. Everyone seem so supportive and caring. I get so much positive energy from this place. ❤️

I'm a total noob when it comes to orchiectomy. Do they remove the entire scrotum during the standard procedure or is that something you need to do separately? 

You'll need the scrotum for GCS unless you want just cosmetic vaginoplasty.

I'm researching orchies now. I'm waiting for Ins to come through. My doc ordered it Thursday. I'm getting excited! I start groin Electrolysis Tuesday and continuing facial hair removal as well.

Anyone know if laser can be used in groin area? It's the only area I have dark hairs... LoL

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2019 at 10:48 PM, Michelle F said:

You'll need the scrotum for GCS unless you want just cosmetic vaginoplasty.

I'm researching orchies now. I'm waiting for Ins to come through. My doc ordered it Thursday. I'm getting excited! I start groin Electrolysis Tuesday and continuing facial hair removal as well.

Anyone know if laser can be used in groin area? It's the only area I have dark hairs... LoL

Seems to work just like any other area. :)

"If the surface in question bears hair, it is eligible to be lasered. Penile shaft, testicles, fanny, the groin area! The most important thing to remember is that unlike a wax, where you point at an unwanted patch of hair and a stern woman rips it from your flesh, laser should be a conversation. Think—very hard—about what you’re comfortable with. Talk to the love of your life about it. Prepare for the sensation of one thousand rubber bands cracking at once around your most precious region. Once you're OK with that, you're good to go."

https://www.gq.com/story/the-case-for-laser-hair-removal-down-there

Edited by VickySGV
Forum suitable anatomic language substituted.