• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello!

Guest ixiolirion

Guest ixiolirion

Hey, everyone!

My name is Monty. I'm a little nervous about starting up here, but I'm equal parts excited. The whole being trans thing is a fairly new development for me. I mean, I guess I shouldn't say that. It's more that it became apparent that my subconscious had been keeping this aspect of my identity squashed down since high school and only recently decided that my feelings deserved to actually be reflected on. It should have done this way sooner to explain a lot of the anxiety that I couldn't pinpoint the cause of for years other than there was something disconcerting about how I looked...

Anyway, I'm 24 years old and a currently closeted transgender man. I'm going to come out in the very near future for the sake of my own comfort and mental state. It's going to be Summer soon and I don't think I could handle months of shaving and wearing sundresses just to keep up appearances. I'll make a few posts when I do so I can detail how it goes (coming out to my friends will be easy--my friend group is mostly other people who are LGBT. They'll understand me the most. It's really only my Dad and a few choice relatives that I'm worried about). 

I'm a writer of fiction and I mainly write stories in the genres of fantasy and sci-fi. My goal is to publish YA books that feature a lot of LGBT representation--the more types of people who get to see an aspect of themselves in my work the better. I'm currently working on my first full-length novel, but I'm also getting ready to start submitting short stories to some online magazines to bring in a little money and get exposure. I use art (digital and traditional) as a means of relaxation, expression, or just to get character designs from my stories out of my head. I'll also admit that I like a lot of cartoons and anime--no shame here.

So, I'll be around. Wish me luck. I know I'm doing the same for all of you!

• Root Admin

Hello Monty,

Welcome to TransPulse. :)  No need to be nervous. You're among friends here. Thank you for sharing with us. We have a couple of writers here that you could identify with. Good luck with your writing endeavors . :)

MaryEllen

Welcome Monty!

You'll find much support and camaraderie here. I'd love to read some of your work if you want to post or link to anything.

Julie

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Monty.  Thanks for joining us.  Your writing and art sounds interesting.  Please join in the conversation and ask any questions you may have.  We'll all do our best.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Monty.

Finding a path takes doing one step at a time even if we are nervous about each step.

I found reading of other's journeys and sharing about my own helped me move forward.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Monty.  Thanks for sharing your story with us.  I am a huge fan of sci-fi so I appreciate your efforts to publish in that genre.  I wish you success, both with that and your gender issues.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Monty,

Welcome to TransPulse! No need to be nervous, you're among friends here.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf?