• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sense of taste changing during HRT?

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

I’ve come up against a very odd change during HRT, I seem to have noticed that my sense of taste has been changing. Has anyone found this happening to them as well? For some bizarre reason I cannot seem to get enough of anything that is pickled, my wife bought me all sorts of pickled items, carrots, asparagus, green beans, ocra and of course just pickles by themselves in every possible variety. The one thing that really got me thinking about all of this was bluecheese dressing... I know what you’re thinking,  Who doesn’t like blue cheese, well that would have been me prior to HRT. My wife wasn’t going to finish a salad one day when we were out at a restaurant and I thought that I would nibble on it, and at first I thought, no, I don’t want this, but I was kind of hungry so I decided to eat it anyway and I was amazed that she got some sort of ranch dressing on her salad. She never gets ranch on a salad, ever, she hates it, but that’s usually what I get, and for some reason I couldn’t figure out what was on the salad but I knew that it tasted very good. After asking her what it was she said it was blue cheese dressing and I started arguing with her about what was on the salad. Well I shouldn’t have argued with her because she was right, and I’ve been ordering blue cheese on the side with honey mustard, her favorite mix of salad dressings when we’re out, and I can’t believe how good it tastes. Have any or if you experience this flip in taste sensation during your transition?

Hugs,

Jae

• Forum Moderator

Yes I've heard this is common to be partial to bitter (I forget the terminology) foods.  I've always enjoyed them to so I didn't notice much of a change.   Enjoy !!!

Jani

Hello Jae:

i have noticed my taste changing as well being on HRT.  I have also noticed that I have been going after a lot more healthy foods as well.  I used to love a lot of cheese as well, but noticed that I cannot have a lot of cheese any more or else I gag.

My taste has changed a lot.  I also noticed it in alcohol as well.  My alcohol consumption  has dropped as well.

Hope to hear back

Amy

It makes sense. Some people find their sense of smell changes and that can be very related to how we taste. Can't say I've noticed much of that myself, but I've never been a hyper taster.

As long as I don't lose my taste for bacon and chocolate, I'll be happy!

• Forum Moderator

Subjective - My sense of smell became enhanced. My sense of taste also seemed to get a boost from HRT. Everything is just soooo yummy....

I experienced "Salt cravings"  when I used sprionolactone. I also experienced a "sodium sensitivity" when I stopped this medicine. It took a few months to adjust to life without.

• Forum Moderator
20 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

i have noticed my taste changing as well being on HRT.  I have also noticed that I have been going after a lot more healthy foods as well.  I used to love a lot of cheese as well, but noticed that I cannot have a lot of cheese any more or else I gag.

I have definitely been eating far more healthy, really more by choice as my fat little piggy face just doesn’t fit the image of who I plan to be, not that that’s the only fat part I want gone, but I have a lot of trouble looking at myself in the mirror and seeing a path toward womanhood, then again it could just be dysphoria, I still haven’t quite figured out or gotten a grip on that yet...  I have been trying to figure out if my sense of smell has been affected, I’m starting to think that it has been, the last couple weeks every time I finish working out at spin class, by the time I walk home I swear I’m smelling some kind of a faint bleach smell... although it’s very elusive, and I can’t quite figure out where it’s coming from but I know it’s not from my surrounding environment, it’s just something I’m detecting that really isn’t there. I think it might have something to do with my sweat, as I sweat rather profusely when I work out and absolutely drenched my shirt halfway down, but since I don’t use any bleach products at home in the wash it’s not something in my clothing, I’m wondering if my sweat is smelling funny to me for some reason. I also opened a pre packaged salad the other day that had either gruyere or possibly feta cheese in it, and although I know it was just fine, it smelled a little strange to me and I wondered if the cheese was bad, again I know the cheese was fine but for whatever reason my sniffer was telling me something different ...

20 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I also noticed it in alcohol as well.  My alcohol consumption  has dropped as well.

I used to drink quite a bit of beer, and honestly my taste changed so much I don’t drink beer at all anymore. I did however switch to red wine, as I prefer rather sweet bottles of Roscato or white zin Muscato, but I don’t think that’s a change as I always preferred that prior to HRT...

20 hours ago, SugarMagnolia said:

As long as I don't lose my taste for bacon and chocolate, I'll be happy!

HA! Yes I quite agree, although I do like chocolate... I don’t eat that much of it, mostly because my wife always gets to it first. And while I’ve always thought bacon was pretty good, I now think bacon is amazing, in fact I’ve grown quite fond of virgin bloody Mary’s with hot sauce, celery, and bacon, I think they call that a dirty bloody Mary, I don’t know why that makes me giggle to say it?

1 hour ago, CyndiRae said:

I experienced "Salt cravings"  when I used sprionolactone. I also experienced a "sodium sensitivity" when I stopped this medicine.

I had heard about this prior to starting Spiro, but I never really experienced it, and I don’t know how to measure that as I’ve always craved salt, but it is terribly bad for me and makes my bad leg swell and hurt so bad I’m rather shy of having much salt at all these days. I do however drink tons of water now, and quite enjoy it, where previously I couldn’t stand water by itself and I have always required something with a bit of a sweeter taste to it. As I reflect on all of these changes that I’m finding during HRT, I’m really starting to just simply enjoy the changes and recognize them as parts of the pathway along my way to womanhood. It’s just a bit like the landscaping changing as I went left instead of right, and I’m finding things are a bit more green and inviting, or at least in my world I’m going to perceive it that way!

Hugs,

Jae

I have noticed the salt cravings as well. my downfall is green olives, really salty?. I buy the large jars and if I don't force my self to limit myself to 4 or 5 a day I could probably eat half a jar at one sitting?. I do drink more water now as well. I find I need that to keep the system in proper working order. I also notice changes in smell.

Hugs,

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh Brandi! Don’t get me started on green olives, olives and pickles are ridiculously amazing !

Hugs,

Jae

Oh ya, dill pickles and olives rock!! That and dill potato chips. I even found a recipe for pickle brine chicken on line the other day. I made it and it wasn't bad.

Hugs,

Brandi

Hello Jae:

You like Bloody Mary's.  Since being on HRT, I cannot drink beer.  It's too gorse to me.  I am in love with bloody Mary's and Merlot red wines.  That is where I am in heaven.  Then add the bacon and chocolate to the mix and I am on cloud 9.

I am more into margaritas. I used to drink beer too, but I find that it doesn't taste the same any more. Bacon, cheese and chocolate still are good. Ohhhh yaaaa!?

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I am in love with bloody Mary's and Merlot red wines. 

HA! Amy,  it seems that HRT is causing many similar taste changes in plenty of us girls here, I didn’t realize that the dislike of beer would be a common factor, or my new love for red wine was a common factor, but I guess we’re all more similar than we think!  in fact it was a bottle of Merlot that was nearly completely drained right before I came out to my wife, and I guess I should remind everyone I really did not mean to come out, I just meant to clarify some of the cross dressing topics that I had previously discussed with her that then morphed into full disclosure, so yeah, yeah there’s that with the Merlot, I’m not much of a drinker but it has some magical properties doesn’t it ?  Oh and bloody Mary’s are the best, I have them virgin at home, but when I go out to breakfast on Saturdays I quite often get a bloody Mary and ask them to go light on the alcohol and of course I have to have the biggest bottle of hot sauce they have! I suppose if I develop a few new girlfriends from the trans women support meetings it might be plausible to think that we could get together once in a while at say Olive garden or other laid-back restaurant and drink a little wine, but we probably will have to have a designated driver or Uber there and back to keep everybody safe!

Hugs,

Jae

I haven't started HRT, but I've had most of these things happen to me since I figured out what's going on... this is really freaky to me.

I was planning on declining an endo appointment on Tuesday, but I'm wondering if there isn't something else new (physiologically) going on, at this point. I have been more interested in salt... I went from stouts, porters and Cab Sauv to Moscato, White Zin, Merlot and Sangria... The pickling thing I've always been a fan of (if you're making devilled eggs, use the gardener's blend type pickle mixes for your liquid!!! OMG!!!), so that's not a change.I crave chocolate more. And a bloody Mary used to be my least favorite drink (also my first alcohol), now it sounds phenomenal, but I am avoiding liquor (and am glad that I am!).

I would like to blame Jae and my's psychic connection... but I'm honestly wondering (and worried, I want to have a child still!) if there wasn't some hormonal change that I went through. I haven't had many other symptoms (other than nipple sensitivity and honestly not caring if my penis is involved when my wife and I have sex)... but now this is kinda scary.

Has anyone else heard of these sorts of changes pre-HRT?

• Forum Moderator

Hey Sandra,

Wow, that’s some pretty heavy duty stuff for being pre-HRT, although I guess I can understand to some degree, then again somethings are so much different for me than they are for other people it’s hard for me to put myself in their shoes. As far as sex with my wife concerning my penis, I’m kind of in a world of my own however I oddly feel much the way you do, 14 years ago my pelvis was smashed  to smithereens by a Buick,  The impact of the trauma was so severe that my pelvis and spine were separated and my pelvis was smashed open in what is called an open book fracture. I can remember after coming out of the coma, and finally having a memory of what was going on, that a male nurse came in my ICU room, looked under the blankets and turned so white I thought he was going to hit the floor, instead he just held his hand over his mouth and started crying uncontrollably.  I couldn’t really say much as the intubation tube had left my throat really sore but I do remember that we locked eyes for a moment and I whispered the best I could, “I’m sorry”, as I really felt like I had hurt him, and of course that just made things worse and he had to rush out side where I heard him sobbing and weeping loudly in the hallway. I still feel terribly guilty for that, but I know it wasn’t my fault, I really do understand how he felt as I wish I could’ve been in that hallway weeping with him, I was really quite a Wreck and had no idea what my future would hold. And of course, as to be expected, I really did wish that what was left of my junk would have to be removed, as what a wonderful excuse that would have been for me to move in a direction that would make me happier, and I could simply blame the accident and no one would think otherwise about it.  But that simply was not the way things would go, as luck would have it I had what is commonly known as a miraculous recovery. And by miraculous I mean literally and actually, not figuratively, miraculous. I was never supposed to walk, I was never supposed have the use of my left hand, I was not expected to have any recovery for my pelvic injury regarding the function of my genitals,  but here I am, a walking, guitar playing, relatively mostly functional lover, and fully able to use my genitals for everything else just as God intended. Now granted I do walk with a rather severe limp and the use of a cane but that’s about it, other than that you wouldn’t think much of what you see when I come by, unless of course you are confused by the rather femme looking male in front of you... But since you know me already I guess that wouldn’t be much of a surprise. 

Wow, that was a heck of a side track, although I am very prone to vent being very easily sidetracked as you can probably see now. So back to the topic we had concerning the pre-HRT symptoms that to mimic most of what trans women going through HRT feel. I’m not really certain if it’s simply psychological or if your mind is preparing your  body for what your future holds, as I do really believe the human mind can do things that modern medicine simply cannot understand (mine certainly did), but I don’t personally think it will affect your fertility to a degree that would exempt you from having children. If I were in your shoes, and I bet there’s some pretty nice shoes in your closet, I would be asking my doctor to bank my sperm, and start moving forward with HRT.  But that’s just the typical impatient me, and certainly not an instruction to you on how to do things, the simple fact that you have the will of iron and fortitude to wait for what you want so you can have children is an amazingly admirable thing, then again what woman wouldn’t want children in her future if she felt that was important to her? I can remember family being my largest concern as a young person growing up,  I wanted to build a family as soon as I possibly could and I certainly did start that very early. I’m actually quite surprised that the people around me did not recognize how different I was, as I wanted to start and raise a family at the age of 17, and it’s not that I just wanted it, but I actually did precisely that... I got married and started a family rather immediately in my first year of college. I don’t think my family quite understood what my motives were, and I don’t think I understood what my motives at that Were either. I was just 18 years old with a new wife and baby on the way and simply excited and proud of myself for having achieved that, I don’t think that’s a very common goal for an 18-year-old man, in fact I think that’s enough to make an 18-year-old man fall apart and start drinking. I look back on all this now and I know exactly what was going on, if you simply replace the idea that a 17-year-old man was wanting this versus a 17-year-old woman wanting this, it kind of  comes into perspective. ..  I’de have to say Sandra, that I think you are very smart to avoid alcohol, as it can be a very distructive force if improperly used or abused. My father, sadly died in a pool of his own vomit, from a massive vodka binge following a pity party of his very own. My father was a cross dresser from a very early age, and simply never came to terms with his inner self, my mother stifled him  from all who would see, and allowed his drinking to bloom in to do a distructive force enabling his ultimate death, however I do not blame my mother for his death as she was out of the picture and had divorced him years before he finally drank himself into a pool of sick.  Of course from the age of five I used to bother her constantly asking her why I was born a male instead of a female, I think it was just too much for her, she had to spend so much time and energy hiding my alcoholic cross-dressing father that she simply did not need a son with gender issues. So began the many bribes in the process of keeping me quiet and hidden, to get me doing things that she thought were manly, but then again I just wanted her approval. It’s funny how I seek the approval of my wife now, my wife is just an insanely powerful being,  A force to be reckoned with, and more intelligent than any woman I’ve ever met, and that is just getting started... I think one of the reasons my wife is my entire world revolves around the idea that I need her approval more than I need my next breath, and I need her love more than I need life, and I know damn well what I am doing is going against both of those principles of self preservation. But to get back to the topic of not involving ones penis much during sex, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that at all, in fact I think that some of the best sex that my wife and I have had, and well it’s mostly this way anyway, is quite without the normal penetrative use of a penis. Granted I give it the old college try whenever possible, and sometimes it works a little for a minute or two before the little trooper gets tired, but honestly there’s so much more to the bonding process of sex in so many ways that people with incredibly well functioning genitals simply are missing the boat and all of its possibilities by focusing on one simple biological task rather than the art of making love. So Sandra if you figured out there’s something more to the art of making love than your penis, then you’ve come much farther than most people ever do in their entire lives. Don’t let this freak you out, life is too short to over analyze the situation and let it halt you, you’re young and vibrant and on your way to womanhood, Have your babies just as you wish, I know that there are many pathways to that process, you and your wife will make wonderful and loving parents as you’re so much more evolved than the common paired couple that figured out how to use a penis.

Hugs and much love,

Jae

5 hours ago, jae bear said:

I’m kind of in a world of my own however I oddly feel much the way you do, 14 years ago my pelvis was smashed  to smithereens by a Buick

Oh, geez! I knew you had a motorcycle accident, but not that it was that bad.

Once again, we're not as different as you think: when I was a child, I had a horse kick me in the groin, and broke my pubic bone rather badly. Since then, ED has been, not a peristent problem, but a frequent one. "God d*mned horse" isn't an uncommon phrase in our bed... but that's much rarer now! Not because the issue is any better, but because sex has changed so much.

I bet there’s some pretty nice shoes in your closet

Not yet, sadly. I'm pretty sure that the local Shoe Barn figured it out when we went in to get my wife some shoes for the conference, but it was busy and I didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable (in small town WV, them being uncomfortable could easily become unfortunate for me...). Also, I'm just a hair under 6' barefoot, so I'm pretty much resigning myself to flats or low heels. Sad, but also probably a good decision so I don't stand out TOO much!

I would be asking my doctor to bank my sperm, and start moving forward with HRT

We worry about cost (18k-85k all told is a bit much to add to our financial burden from the transition), and availability of care wherever we end up (big question mark at this point, sadly). If that was something that was workable, I may have tried harder to go that route, but... all things come in their time. I've got other work to do until then.

you are very smart to avoid alcohol, as it can be a very distructive force if improperly used or abused

Oh, I usually have 1-2 glasses of wine a day after work, but... that's it. I used to kill a 5th, on my own, most nights. I got over that, though, when I started getting hangovers! (Ah, to be in your early 20s again!)

You have my condolences about your father. There definitely are some people who aren't able to see it as a crutch, and instead see it as a goal... and that's when lives are ruined, and sadly lost. I'm glad I had the chance to outgrow it, far too many don't.

I look back on all this now and I know exactly what was going on, if you simply replace the idea that a 17-year-old man was wanting this versus a 17-year-old woman wanting this, it kind of  comes into perspective

there’s so much more to the bonding process of sex in so many ways that people with incredibly well functioning genitals simply are missing the boat and all of its possibilities by focusing on one simple biological task rather than the art of making love

Oh, so true! I probably enjoy foreplay as much as the actual act itself, now. Oddly, I also really don't care about having a physical orgasm when we're together... the emotional one is more than intense enough for me! There's a connection on another level that we've never had before... I'm guessing partly because I'm not hiding from myself anymore, and partly from my mindset change.

Plus, you can get away with a lot more, in a lot more places, if you think about it like that! *hee hee*

if you simply replace the idea that a 17-year-old man was wanting this versus a 17-year-old woman wanting this, it kind of  comes into perspective

Dang it, Jae, you keep doing it! I've got so many things like that... just no sprogs (that I know of...). The most extreme was probably facial scalpelling (yeah, I know, but I'm also used to looking like an obvious freak! They've faded enough that I can cover them, but for years they were bright red)... I knew something was wrong with my face, but didn't know what, and made a stupid decision. I'm planning on talking to a dermatologist about it, but I'm betting that my cheeks will require surgery (sunken scar surrounding a keloid that comes to the same height as the rest of the skin across the cheeks). This, actually, makes FFS more appealing to me, since I've got to work on my face one way or the other anyway.

you’re so much more evolved than the common paired couple that figured out how to use a penis

I'm actually playing around with the idea of a feeldoe with an inflatable part for her (to keep in better) that has electrodes for certain areas, connected to pressure sensors under the skin of "my" side. It's the closest I can think of so far to having the sensation of being the penetrator without being able to really do that... but a biological strap-in would be really cool from a transhumanist perspective. I mean, if I was able to take it off and leave it on my nightstand, but enjoy it as much as I do now, I'd probably appreciate it more! As it is, it's more of a pain in the crotch than anything else the majority of the time.

• Forum Moderator

Oh dear Sandra, I feel so greatly for you and you slay me at the same time... I don’t know if I’m supposed to laugh or cry! Darn horse indeed! I guess I should start saying “that darn Buick”, every time something goes sideways...  OK, so every time I turn around I realize, I’m not quite as unique as I thought, other people have problems like mine, even if they’re so out of the ordinary it involves broken pelvic and pubic bone area parts. I find it fascinating and sad that we both had to experience these horrifying realities. But honestly, you’re probably one of the few people   who not only understand what sex can be given an open mind and a reasonably irritating case of ED, but what it is also like to survive a terrifying, life altering, genetalia altering, Wile E Coyote like smash to the groin... You just get creative, and while my wife and I are a bit older and not quite as adventurous in public, maybe that’s more my wife than me, it really does involve a lot more emotional romance, and that doesn’t mean you remove  the hot and crazy aspect of lovemaking, actually it’s quite the opposite, as straps, harnesses and biologicals come into play and make things quite a bit more eye-opening, wink wink...  I think it’s crazy hilarious that you just  essentially read my mind on the over genital  strap-on concept, one of the things my wife does not want to go missing during my transition happens to be my broken penis, which is rather confusing to me but she just really likes the aesthetic of it. So I figured if it’s simply a visual aesthetic why not get something  awesome and give her a show she won’t forget? paint some flames on the thing, get nitrous and a turbo, really make the thing sing,  whoops wait, now I’m going in the wrong direction here ... However, I know for a fact that there are plenty of lesbians that have amazing, crazy, wild and fulfilling sex, and I would also point out that it is far more fulfilling and satisfying than the majority of CIS gendered couples that I know outside of some rather talented burlesque folk... I am half hoping that if I am able to show her that she can still be perfectly satisfied with some alternative and creative prosthetic application that I ultimately my want for SRS wouldn’t be such a horrifyingly bad thing for her,  but I really do need to give her time, like more time than one month, this is all going to take years and I have to learn to be patient. I do very much understand how you might feel when your wife is in the field for weeks on end, my sweet bunny has only been gone three days, and I woke up crying because she wasn’t in the bed, another lovely side effect of HRT that you have not quite yet had to deal with, not that you aren’t a sensitive and emotionally available person, but there is certainly a change on the hormones involving the deep emotional aspect that requires crying to move forward with yourself. Now I don’t mean crying in a bad way, but a bit more of a cathartic release of longing and missed love...  I must also admit I did not realize the cost of cryo-banking sperm, my wife and I did require a great deal of fertility treatment to have our current youngest daughter, but it was worth it to create that life, even if that life was just bothering me and pestering me to turn on the apps of her iPhone so she could goof around with her technology all morning.  Children are one of the most wonderful aspects of marriage that many parents or I should say couples, don’t really understand or appreciate until it’s over. Now I’m not gonna lie to you, kids are tough, and make your existence and relationship much more of a challenge, but like anything else the work involved cannot be valued  as there is no way to measure it against the level of values in this world.  You may have just had the most unique problem in your early life that will allow you to actually experience a transition that lacks early HRT, other perfectly healthy folks most likely would not be able to feel the things that you are feeling that mimic what HRT feels like. Maybe that has something to do with your experiences of HRT symptoms without having ever been on hormones? You might have to start thanking that horse if you think about it too much.

Hugs,

Jae

I can relate, Jae! My tastes have changed considerably since starting HRT 5 weeks ago. I knew it was coming but wasn't prepared for the very discriminating palate I now have. I have actually lost my taste for salt and don't crave it but recently bought pickles and love them again. I make my own gluten-free bread and had to change my recipe because it began to taste weird. I also make a lot of soup and have thrown out entire batches because they just didn't taste right. I still love chocolate - a very good thing, right?!! I've developed anxiety on HRT and can no longer tolerate caffeine. Never thought I'd say that. All these changes are worth it though ... my nipples now hurt and it's wonderful :) :)

Gwen

• Forum Moderator

Hi Gwen, 

Yes get prepared for things to be kind of weird for a while, I was trying to eat a salad that had cheese in it the other day and every time I smelled it I thought it was bad, but I knew it wasn’t so I ate it, but for whatever reason I didn’t like it. And yes pickles are the bomb, I think I’m hooked mainly on Clawson dill spears, there’s so many awesome pickled things these days that there’s a never ending supply of pickled variety for me to choose from.  Thanks a lot for making me spit out my teeth whitening tray laughing at your nipple comment! HA! I have to go reapply my teeth whitening gel now! Yes that is going to be a constant reminder of HRT, sometimes a little itchy too, and honestly I miss it but since the tissue is growing and the lobes expanding, it’s simply the way things move along. I am told that the sensation might return again once my Endo pushes my E dose up to full throttle, and I will not regret the return if it comes...  I forgot about coffee, I don’t drink coffee at all anymore, and I simply couldn’t have lived without it prior to this, I think I stopped drinking coffee about a month ago and forgot all about it. I have literally been drinking coffee since I was two years old, every single day, all the girls on my mom side have a strong Danish background and coffee is just a way of life. It’s weird that I didn’t even give coffee a second thought, or included it in the list of things that changed for me, as I don’t think I  stopped drinking coffee because of the taste, I just stop drinking it for some reason. Well that and it certainly doesn’t help if you’re trying to whiten your teeth...

Hugs,

Jae

Hey all:

So I am so glad my taste have not changed when it comes to fried chicken.  I just made home made fried chicken and it was so good.  With my taste buds at an even higher sense.  The fried chicken taste even better.

Check out the picture of my fried chicken I made

Thanks

Amy

IMG_20180429_122858.jpg

OMG! That looks so good. I wish it was possible to eat photos. ?‍?

1 hour ago, SugarMagnolia said:

OMG! That looks so good. I wish it was possible to eat photos

:agreed::D

• Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh, that looks delicious, I hear eating photographs is low calorie, is that true? Yes I do love fried chicken but I have to be super careful as I have no control when it comes to fried chicken, that’s one of the ways I gained over 100 pounds in my early 30s, I just could not stop myself from eating fried chicken. When I drive home from work I have to simply look at the other side of the road as I pass the Popeyes chicken, it is just simply a sinful treat and I don’t dare stop because I probably would never leave the restaurant ever again.  My wife is a tremendous cook and of course since since she is from the south she can do fried chicken like no other, but I have asked her to refrain from doing exactly that since I simply do not have control of myself in that aspect.

Hugs,

Jae

Oh, jeez, between the pickled stuff, and the fried stuff, you're making me think of fried deviled eggs now! I may have to make those when she comes back into town...

My wife and I use the juice out of the garden mix pickles in the filling, and vegan mayo to keep it fluffier, and add Zataar spices. Just reassemble the eggs, batter them (I prefer with a little NM red chile powder in the batter), and fry them. OMG!

• Forum Moderator

Oh holy crap, all of this talk is not good for my diet, and my love for Deviled eggs and fried chicken just found a new twist. Thanks a lot Sandra, you found a new way to make my diet even harder!

Hugs,

Jae

All this food taste is making me hungry.  But I am thinking to help me stay awake at night at work, I am going to have to dive into my chocolate bar.

Thanks

Amy