• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Update / feelings

Raven1981

Hello All:

So I would like to share that I have been enjoying my new way of receiving hormones first.  Doing the injections feels so much better.  Even though I have not seen any physical changes yet, I know that something is happening with how I feel a nice tingly sensation throughout my body after giving me a shot.  Then there is the fact that I have been looking at my male pictures and comparing them to my female pictures, and I do not like my male pictures.  I am now covering up my male pictures or taking them down.  I would rather see myself as female.  I love the way how I look, I am alot more happier as female than male.  I now know what I have been missing and I am a girl.  I love looking at myself in the mirror when I am a girl and I love the way I feel.  I am ready to live full time as a girl.  On my days off from work, I spend the whole day and night as a girl, when I come home from work, I am spending my time as a girl.  I have started to come out at work as Trans.  Have come out to my HR and my co-workers who I work with and they are all fine, So I want to start coming to work dressed as a girl and just live full time as a girl.  I love my new feelings and love the way how I look as a girl.  I cannot stand being a male.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing your journey Amy.  I can certainly see a reflection of myself in your words.  i know i smile more now than i ever did before.  Part of that is simply the fact that i'm being honest now but wonderfully the mirror has become my friend as well.  That's certainly a change!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Amy, injections are a very efficient and cost effective way to administer Estradiol. Even after almost 6 years of using injections I still notice a nice feeling 1 or 2 days after a shot.

Coming out at work is a whole thing in it's self, I am glad I did this 5 years ago, it was my last area of life that I needed to change to live "full time". It made work so much nicer, and sounds like you are off to a great start there.

We make these changes to improve the quality of life, I can read in your words, you already have...

Hugs

C -

Thank you all.  I am still early in my transition and I am still learning and researching.  But before even doing hormones, I just felt more comfortable being dressed as a girl and felt myself being true and honest as well.

When I started on Hormones back in January this year, I started with patches and they were a nice slow start to get used to and see how things go.  Just with the patches for me, I had problems with them coming off prematurely or tearing and then they were not even raising my estrogen at all.  But they were a grate start to get used to.  My doctor wanted to up the does at first but then I asked her on about switching to injections and told her my problems that I have been having.  She agreed to go ahead and switch to injections.  I have been on injections for 4 weeks now and was told up to 4 weeks will not see anything cause the body will be getting used to it but after 4 weeks should maybe start to see some small little suttle changes like the starting of softer skin.

I am glad that I am starting to come out at work.  I was a bit nervous cause my last job that I tried to come out to, the VP was uncomfortable and so he told my boss to get rid of me but make it look like something different so they dont get a discrimation on their hands.  But this new job, is so much more better and they are willing to assist me on my transition, the insurance through my work helps to pay for some it.  So I am in a better place.

Then I am still learning alot.  I recently just went to the Sephora Bold and Beauty Transgender class.  Oh my god did I feel better, my dysphoria just melted away and really felt like myself.  I was happy and smiling and meet others as well.  I learned alot from Sephora and I love how they are so Trans friendly and even welcome Trans individuals to shop there, work there, take classes.  Sephora gives back to the Trans community.

I am hoping that I am not showing that I am rushing in my journey or being anxious, I just would like to learn, continue to research so I can be myself and be the individual who I am instead of lieing to myself and others and being something I am not.  I love the fact that I get to be a girl and get to be Amy.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

I now know what I have been missing and I am a girl WOMAN. 

You're a Woman!  The days of girl-hood are passed.  You're in the big league now.

Jani 

2 hours ago, Jani said:

You're a Woman!  The days of girl-hood are passed.  You're in the big league now.

Jani 

Thank You Jani

• Forum Moderator

It's true!   ?

BTW I love your new avatar.  Looking good!!  I bet you could wear big, chunky earrings really well.  My spouse has a ton of them for every occasion and they look great but they don't seem to work well with my face.  I like small hoops, and short dangly ones.  

Jani

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All:

So I want to share another update.  My breast are slowly coming in.  I have like little buds or A cup size and I am really trying to watch for doors, table edges, and everything.  I can start to see my skin starting to soften and get smoother.  Then I love seeing me in pictures now.  After the Sephora Bold and Beauty class, I have been doing my makeup better and I am looking pretty good with my makeup and really cannot tell I am wearing makeup.

Hope you like the picture of me

Lots of Love

Amy

IMG_20180706_125626.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Looking good!!  Remember to smile!  

Jani

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone:

Wanted to share that I saw my Endocrinologist today on July 31.  Went over my numbers.  Also my doctor is happy that the injections are working cause she has said that from seeing me when I first started and trying the patches to now and being on injections that she can see a slight change in my face with my skin and how I look to be getting softer and she was able to see some sort of definition with breast buds through my blouse.

My doctor wants to keep me at my same dose for the injections but since I give myself a shot on Wednesdays and by Sunday I am feeling like it is dropping.  She wants to take my dose and cut it in half and do 2 shots a week with the first half on Wednesday and then the second half on Sunday to try to keep me even the whole week.  Which makes sense and the dosage will not change.  So since I am on .025mg a week.  She is thinking on doing something like .01mg Wednesday and Sundays to add up to the .02mg.

But I am happy how my doctors visit went and how my doctor said that she has noticed small changes starting to happen.

Lots of Love

Amy