• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Aiy's life story (lol)

Aiyanna

Hey, everyone! I am new to the site, and I spend most of my time in the Discord server, but I figured it was long past time for me to make an introduction into who I am so all my new family can find out who exactly it is they're dealing with! 

My name is Aiyanna, formerly known as Nathan (legally I still am). I am 24 years old and have been out for about 20? months now. 

Coming out:
So, in 2016 I was a heavy political activist. I've since deleted all my social media accounts since I stopped the activism, but a google search will show you what I was into as Nathan *shrug*. Anyway, as part of my political activism journey, I traveled to North Dakota, USA to help out the Lakota people (and other tribes) however I could. A few days in, I met with the medic (male) and the naturopathic healer (she was MtF) and my journey into medicine began. I was trained on how to be a street medic and in my time there met many different healthcare professionals including RNs, NPs, MDs, NDs, Paramedics, you name it. But I supposed I'm getting a little ahead of myself. So I arrived in camp on Oct 5th and on Oct 22nd I felt loved and supported enough to finally come out as a woman to all these people who I had worked alongside as Nathan for the last few weeks. None was more surprised and empathetic than the medic who hugged me for a full 3 minutes and had the biggest smile on his face. I finally felt complete, after hiding who I was for as long as I could remember. Woo, that is a good memory. One I haven't visited in a while. 

So, I spent almost 3 months there, met lots of healthcare professionals who were all very supportive including a FtM doctor who works in Washington. I helped develop the integrated 24 hour clinic for allopathic and naturopathic healing, and spent 16 hours every day in it working. Healing, administrating, directing new volunteers and donations, etc. When I finally felt like they didn't need me at all and that I couldn't continue on no matter how much I wanted to, I left and I was offered a place to stay in Sacramento, CA for a while to see if I liked it there and wanted to start a new life. The people were very nice and offered me every possible comfort and help that they could, and I'll never forget them. But it wasn't working for me. Thankfully, they had introduced me to the Gender Health Clinic and gave me the dream that I now have. My dream is to eventually open a GHC similar to the one in Sacramento but in Arkansas. Arkansas, as you may or may not know, is not a very progressive place. It's not safe to openly be who you are here. The laws are backwards and they make being trans, or even a woman, difficult. I have hope that one day I'll be able to afford the opportunity to many trans folk who live here to be themselves with legal and medical help. 

Anyway, I suppose that's the story of Aiyanna. It was nice sharing, I haven't told this story in a while. Thanks to all who read! ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for the introduction.  I hope you are able to fulfill your dream.

Jani

What a small world, Aiy!

I live near Sacramento and am very involved with both the LGBT community center and the Gender Health Clinic. I'm glad that you found support there. It's a great place with loving people. 

You clearly have a wonderful personal mission and I wish you all the best. If there's any way I can help support your efforts in Arkansas please let me know. It's a tough dream, but a very important one. 

Hugs, 
Julie

Thank y'all so much!

It is a small world lol. I unfortunately didn't spend as much time at the GHC as I would now have preferred, but I took away alot and I'm really hoping to apply that to this place. I'll be sure to keep you in mind ❤️

Thanks for telling your story!

I'm in Arkansas too, and I hope you can make your dream of opening a gender clinic a reality! It's desperately needed.