• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

hrt

Susan

So today i called a transgender doctor but could not get an answer until tomarrow on the cost for the visit. i am going to start with the patch first so i can get used to the changes that will take place plus i dont want to move to fast until i see a therapist. let me know if you all think this is a good approch. ??

• Admin

Sounds like a good approach, although I think it would be ideal if you could hold off on the HRT until after you see the therapist a couple of times.  But going forward prior should be OK.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like you're doing fine.  Depending upon how active you are the patch may detach.  I clean the area well with witch hazel before applying and then cover it with a flexible "skin type" bandage that I cut to fit.  I use Opsite Flexifit, similar to Tagamet brand.  I buy it on amazon.   

Please do see a therapist as this interaction will help you with the changes (physical and especially emotional) from HRT.

Hugs,

Jani 

Yeah. The mental changes particularly at the start can be intense. I was very happy to have my therapist during that time. 

Good luck with the slow part too. I was taking it slow as well. But once you start, oh boy. It’s hard to stay slow. Try to go into it with an open mind. 

❤️Kirsten

• Forum Moderator

I started with patches, and the amount of E that reached my blood was not enough to reach the female normal range as tested, however it was a good start, and patches were easy to use, it's just absorbing the E through the skin did not work very well for me. After about 14 months I switched to injections and those have worked out very well.

Yes the mental changes come fairly soon, just calmer, enhanced sense of smell was one of the first changes I noticed...

Enjoy

C -

I will have to agree.  I started out on the patches and since I am active, I was having issues trying to keep the patches on.  But the patches are am awesome way to start, they are nice and slow for getting used to and the 5 months that I had the patches, it was really experiencing the emotions.  I switched to the injections just recently and I am starting to notice an A cup after 5 weeks of being on injections and my face and upper arms have smoother skin.  A therapist will help out a lot once the emotions kick in.  Also as I learned, there will be some individuals that say they will support you but then once you are on HRT and starting to change, those individuals will flip on you.  That will toy with your emotions.

Hope this helps out

Lots of Love 

Amy

Update time lol. I got my first appointment with my doctor on July 13. I so excited to finally be able to be my real self. 

Yes Jani and I will have my blood drawn so she can see if there will be any problems and what prescription I will need.