• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

KymmieL

Good morning All. Coffees on.

Jackie C.

Sugar free @JustineM. I dropped sugar. Then I dropped caffeine. I can still have soda, just not the stuff with all the unhealthy garbage in it. My soda has completely different unhealthy garbage in it.

Though I'm developing a real taste for Sparkling Ice. It comes in all sorts of flavors and donates to fight breast cancer. It's also reasonably healthy and infused with vitamins. Most the time though, it's just caffeine free diet Pepsi. I apparently have to have my cola.

Sorry about the morning commute @ShawnaLeigh. I don't do much commuting. I spent 6am to about 9:30am in the gym. That covers most of rush hour. Then I went to the chiropractor to get my back and neck adjusted. Probably because I'd been in the gym for three and a half hours. You'd think I'd be less fat.

I ran errands after that. Most of them went pretty well, but I'd forgotten that the bakery is closed on Monday so I wasted a trip into Northville. I'll have to make another run tomorrow. Short ... well, shorter ... gym day tomorrow though so I can probably get that taken care of early.

Then just creative projects for the rest of the day. I've got the gimpy cat in my lap for some "no cone" time without him tearing at his stitches. My cat is yowling under the door for my attention. He is NOT amused. I just realized that it's after 1pm. I should have lunch.

Hugs!

Willow

I dropped caffeine years ago.  Well, I suppose that’s not entirely true because I drank ice tea .  At home I would make decaf tea but you can’t get that out.  

I’ve now found out that tea causes me to get kidney stones,  so no more tea.  High fructose corn syrup is another culprit.  So mostly I drink plan old water.  Good news I’ve lost 30 pounds.  

Willow

ShawnaLeigh

Morning. Coffee. Commute. Work.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.

That's how it is feeling today.

Not a bad day but just "a day".

I hope everyone stays warm in the northern states.  Its cold in VT this morning.

TammyAnne
1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Morning. Coffee. Commute. Work.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.

That's how it is feeling today.

Not a bad day but just "a day".

I hope everyone stays warm in the northern states.  Its cold in VT this morning.

I did that for so long, with an hour or more commute each way. I feel for you!

I just finished coffee. Closing in on completing the last two drawings on my schedule before Christmas, so that feels pretty good. Yes, I work on two or more at once. Seldom more than four at a time though.

It was freezing rain in my section of the Ozarks the past two days. I guess it's headed your way. Be safe!

Astrid

Staying warm as it snows here in Massachusetts by baking bread, making granola, and letting a veggie soup reduce down on the stovetop for a few hours to intensify flavors. In other words, I'm huddling by the heat source most of the day 😁.

Tomorrow will be 2 hours of electrolysis followed by applying a new estradiol patch. Looking forward to it!

Debra Michelle

I ended up having to fire two employees.Got a call from one shop that knows our towing yard very well,said one of our tow truck drivers was rude to a customer of theirs and did call her the B word.I called him in and told him he was fired.2nd time he did this.The 2nd employee,being rude to the customer and never asked where to drop off the vehicle at another shop we know.Said a sexist remark to this customer too and she was glad I took care of it.My husband and I take care of problems the correct way,a slap on the wrist solution saying don't do it again isn't the answer with us.

tracy_j

Well I have just finished breakfast and about to do my hair. It's my art group meeting today so I won't get my usual walk. It was heavy going yesterday as I decided to go over the fields. I had not realised how wet it still is as it was like walking through a swamp in many places. It's back to the back and farm roads later this week I think.

Charlize

The sun is shinning here after two days of rain and freezing rain.  The trees are sparkling with an ice coating.

Millions of gems against a blue sky.

Hugs,

Charlize

ShawnaLeigh
1 hour ago, Charlize said:

The sun is shinning here after two days of rain and freezing rain.  The trees are sparkling with an ice coating.

Millions of gems against a blue sky.

Hugs,

Charlize

Sounds so pretty.

I have had snow the last few days and its a winter wonderland in my yard/area.  Our yard is sounded by enormous pine trees and an old overgrown Xmas tree farm.  The snow on the pines is breath taking at times.  The scent of the trees is wonderful.

However winter wonderland's suck to drive in.  LOL

My morning commute that's normally 1.5 hours on a good day took almost 3.  One way.  (sigh)

But I get paid to drive so Meh!  Its all good.  Had coffee and my audio book.  

Have a great day!

Aidan5

Morning all, So I accidentally overslept and now I gotta wait for my stepmom to drive me to school hahaaaaaaa.  

Jackie C.
47 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

Morning all, So I accidentally overslept and now I gotta wait for my stepmom to drive me to school hahaaaaaaa.  

Not really your fault. Teenagers aren't designed to get up early. You should be allowed to sleep in to at least 9 or 10 because of what your hormones are doing to your circadian rhythms. It would be lovely if the public school system paid attention to the research and let you all sleep in a little.

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh

Wow you are going to throw science at him? LOL

Aidan5

No complaints. I love sleep haha!

Lucky me science is the one class I am good at 😜 

A. Dillon
1 hour ago, Aidan5 said:

Yeah, I once woke up an hour and a half late and had to beg my neighbors to take me (I was alone). That was fun...

Aidan5

I would have just stayed home, no way I am asking my neighbor lol

A. Dillon

Well, my dad can be quite the pain...

Unless you are currently throwing up, you are going.

Aidan5
38 minutes ago, A. Dillon said:

Well, my dad can be quite the pain...

That can be arranged 😜

Josie Beth

Hi everyone. I’m probably going to have to ditch caffeine again. It’s doing more harm than good lately. I couldn’t even donate plasma again yesterday because my heart rate was too fast. And the cold weather is really throwing a wrench into movement. Not much I can do about it though so it’s whatever.

I’m back to work this evening. Changed to eating a lot of salad for lunch since everything else seems to have a bad reaction. Especially gluten.

Last Saturday I almost had a breakdown and I cried for most of the day. I’m pretty sure that it’s a hormonal imbalance but I’m finding it difficult to get to the clinic again. Just hanging on until things get better really. 

I’m glad that I made some new friends though because they really are helping me cope. Katrina was very helpful when I was crying on Saturday. I know that they are busy with family and friends but they actually took time to let me vent and go through everything and just listen. 

Well, I’d better get ready for work before time gets away from me. Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm!

ShawnaLeigh
3 hours ago, A. Dillon said:

That was always the rule in our house when I was growing up too.  But you had to be actually sick not just make yourself purge.  LOL 

I tried that once.  Didn't work well for me.

KymmieL

well my first day on deloopron or what ever it is. Shot every three months in the belly. thick stuff, yea. Now off the Spriro. So progress is being made. 😊

Not supposed to be as cold today. mid 30s. God, I hate the cold. But I chose to live here.

Have a good day, everyone.

Kymmie

TammyAnne

Hi everyone!

It's chilly here, just below freezing, so I've been sipping coffee bundled up under a blanket. The holidays loom large on the horizon.

My checking into the forum will probably get spotty until the stampede of guests settles back down. Just in case anyone might worry.

I did want to comment on caffeine use as we get older. I used to drink multiple pots of coffee every day with no problems. However as age sets in, it became a problem. So I cut back caffeine intake to two cups of coffee early in the morning, no caffeine after 10:00 am. That has worked quite well for me. But caffeine is added to a lot of over the counter meds and even some foods, so be sure to check labels.

Hope all is well for everyone, or at least gets better!

Hugs,

TA

ShawnaLeigh
43 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Shot every three months in the belly. thick stuff, yea.

Oh hell no.  Thick serum shots suck!  LOL  IN the belly?!?!

Why not the butt?  Easier to work out the pain of the thick serum.

I am glad you have found an alternative though.  Cheers!

Jackie C.
3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Oh hell no.  Thick serum shots suck!  LOL  IN the belly?!?!

Why not the butt?  Easier to work out the pain of the thick serum.

I am glad you have found an alternative though.  Cheers!

Meh, my Xolair is thick serum with dull needles (the contractor really, really dropped the ball on those). The nurse who injects me is tiny, and lets out these little grunts while she's shoving the needle in. It's painful and adorable all at once.

I'm glad I got over my fear of needles. Transitioning would be SO much worse.

Hugs!

NB Adult

When I had DVT I had to give myself injections in the stomach fat for about eight days before going on Cumaden, a blood thinner and rat poison for six months. That and dying are a good reason not to self medicate with hormones. 

KymmieL

NB I had to do that too, when I had DVT and PEs. When my levels got to high. My belly was black and blue for a month. One reason They don't recommend Estrogen is my DVT and PE history.

Called in today, I was just beat I needed to relax. The manager texted me saying I may have to open tomorrow. He gets the task of babysitting while they buff and wax the floor at the store. They say they should be done but 11-11:30. So here's hoping.

Kymmie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now