• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Analysis: What Trump Admin's Latest Arguments for the Ban Reveal

• Forum Moderator

Reading this, I wonder what are they thinking?   Its clearly seems they are not.

• Admin

"The KING" can do no wrong!  Once again Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta, The Mikado comes to mind.  

9 hours ago, Jani said:

Reading this, I wonder what are they thinking?   Its clearly seems they are not.

No they are definitely not thinking. This presidency can not end aoon enough. 

He’s really making things difficult for himself. I’m just taken aback by the insane arguments as to why a ban won’t effect the people it’s designed to effect lol. Hopefully the courts will strike this down because at the end of the day it’s about individual rights and nobody should have to give up their rights completely because they serve, no matter what they say about “well you signed a contract and you gave them up for good old Uncle Sam” it’s a matter of ethics, not selling your soul. Honest ethics have got to be intellectually honest, and this situation just proves how dishonest these people are.

• Admin

I haven't seen it made yet, but a fiendish side of me wonders if banning Trans troops isn't a violation of their Second Amendment rights.  If that is held up by a court, I can just imagine the hub bub and dismay that will bring in some sectors of the U.S.  I know I have a sick mind there.

I’m sure it’s not. But the truth is the military doesn’t care about the rights of a service member, they only care about one thing, following orders, and swift punishment if those orders are disobeyed. I’m sure there’s even unknown general orders at each post created by the whim of the base commander and higher up the chain that a service member doesn’t know about until they unknowingly violate them. The military is a very political atmosphere and based on the function of a particular unit and the attitude of people in leadership the way they handle anything can be stacked against whoever they don’t like or they could use their influence to whitewash certain things. It’s really just a matter of being in the right unit at the right time. From personal experience I was flagged for an injury I recovered from but because the troop medical center lost the documents and I had no proof I had fully recovered, and a senior NCO had something against me, and I could not get past it and get promoted. It had nothing to do with lack of discipline or any infraction but they simply didn’t like the fact that I respectfully asked them to go to my chain of command when they tried to use their rank for personal gain. They wanted me to get off a computer I was told not to let anyone else on because of security concerns yet tried bullying me off so they could buy plane tickets for vacation. By regulation I was in the right but they made sure I paid dearly for their lack of ethics. That’s the military in a nutshell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Karen Carey
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
    • Ivy
      Whether it was a hate crime or not, it's still horrible.
    • atlantis63
      Finally I  am back online   I had to use the help of the contact form (not proud  of that, I always feel embarrassed and shy about contacting people), but here I am   missed all of you
    • atlantis63
      I'm not happy to admit this, but I usually scream or break things.   Breaking things became a bit of a no no, because It was always a cd or something I liked and it got very expensive to replace stuff
    • atlantis63
      Probably amusement parks. I've never been to one sadly, but I think I could talk for an hour about them without any problem
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.