• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Sandra6sandy9sand

My name is Sandra

Sandra6sandy9sand

Hi all, I’ve been a member here since October 2017 but haven’t introduced myself yet.

I have known that I wanted to be a girl ever since I was six or seven. Growing up in the late 40’s, 50’s and early 60’s I knew that I could not openly express my desire.  I took every opportunity I could to wear my sisters cloths when no one was home.  I would fantasize almost every night that I would magically become female.

i joined the Army after high school and served three years.  After the Army, I went to college and got married.  With each year I grew older my desire to be a woman has grown stronger despite my efforts to bury my feelings.

My marriage lasted 10 years and ended in divorce. I contemplated jumping in front of a car once and have made sure that there are no shells for my shotgun in the house. The good news is that I made it through that tough time in my life, not that there haven’t been a few downers along the way.

My second wife and I recently celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. We have two wonderful daughters and three grand children.  I would not want to change the life that I have lived because I could not stand to loose family and friends.

It has taken me a long time to accept that I am transgender. I told my wife several years ago that I liked wearing woman’s clothing and I wear them all the time.  She has very very slowly accepted my shaved body and feminine underwear and clothing in the wash.

At 74 years and counting I just want to be accepted as me.  I worked at a public educational institution and have performed on stage.  To many people recognize the male facade and in this conservative part of Michigan I suspect that if I arrived somewhere in a dress or cute skirt and blouse the reaction might be negative.

I don’t plan on taking hormones or having sex change surgery however if my breasts were to grow due to some medication I would have to take, that would be fine.  I want to live the rest of my life as me.

Thanks for listening.

Sandra

DeeDee
3 hours ago, Sandra6sandy9sand said:

I want to live the rest of my life as me.

That is a very worthy goal indeed! Pleased to meet you Sandra. (even if you have been here longer than me :) )

Jani

Welcome Sandra!  Better late than never.  

Living as you is a laudable goal.  You don't need medication or surgery to achieve it.  Enjoy life.

Jani

Susan R

Hi Sandra,  it's good that you've come to a place of acceptance with yourself.  You've lived long enough to know that the issue never goes away completely.  It's either accept yourself and face it head on or play a short-lived mind game with yourself that is hard and likely impossible to win.  Many of us are still deciding where we are on our journey.  I wish you the very best on yours and may you find peace in your decision.

Susan R🌷

Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Sandra.  Hon, you are never too old to have dreams and goals, or give up on them.  What you decide to do is totally up to you, but if we can answer questions and help in any way, just let us know.  Enabling dreams is one of the best things we do around here.  We're pretty good at it.  I transitioned at 55, so I know.  😋

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Sandra6sandy9sand

Hi all, thank you for the welcome. I’ve lived in fear of being discovered for many years and it’s hard to step out into the open. I do feel very comfortable expressing myself and desires here.

Accepting my female self took a long time. When I was young I thought I was the only person in the world like me. Now I know that there are many beautiful people like me and I’m not crazy.  I’ve done a lot of reading and study about being transgender and it is comforting to know that it’s not my fault.  Today I love who I am.

Thanks for reading and hugs from the snowy north.

Sandra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Willa
    • ToniTone
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Dev
    • Jocelyn
    • ForeverWandering
    • Kirsten
    • TwiztedHatter
    • Michelle F
  • Who Was Online

107 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Willa
    • ToniTone
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Dev
    • Jocelyn
    • ForeverWandering
    • Kirsten
    • TwiztedHatter
    • Michelle F
    • Iwy.13
    • DeeDee
    • Cyndee
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Fimdir
    • MaryMary
    • Noah_Alexander
    • MaryEllen
    • Ellora
    • Willow
    • Infatheline
    • jo_g
    • Jennifer T
    • 66Brandy
    • RithiaAllen
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • greeneyedpam
    • Sharon Aml
    • Petra Jane
    • KC
    • Katie_marie
    • Kole Rickard
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Kylie
    • Chrissy Bear
    • killjoyaiden
    • EliAtkins
    • Senair
    • Josie Beth
    • CallMeKai
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Susan
    • LotsOQs026
    • sophie_the_punk
    • Jackson Max
    • hmillerrr
    • Gigi
    • Kaidyn
    • KymmieL
    • Gallados
    • Tessa
    • mdj
    • Jyg08
    • VickySGV
    • MsLindaV
    • Beth
    • Jessica27
    • Jani
    • Janeshannon
    • Stillbourne
    • Emanda
    • Jennaroxie
    • J_Perra
    • MySonsMom
    • Zedarius
    • Charlize
    • figuringitout
    • Stephanie P
    • Ronin82
    • Timber Wolf
    • Serenity
    • tracy_j
    • ReubyLouise
    • Harrietta
    • klb046
    • LouiseRose1954
    • EvanC
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Clara84
    • Dakota16
    • Beverly
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • lilyboots
    • Serena Dreams
    • Bobby
    • jae bear
    • Terry
    • sara albert
    • Katy Ann
    • Ceres
    • broadwaybabe3583
    • Anders
    • Wishes for Donna
    • SaraAW
    • fwahzie
    • Bridgeo
    • Robin
    • Katelyn
    • Camie
    • TiaMaria
    • Kaisurvives
    • Zach
    • Darlene7139
    • HeatherCristina
    • Amanda
    • Cat28
    • Fish(i just want answers)
    • Dino
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

sophie_the_punk
    Newest Member
    sophie_the_punk

1. Clair holiday
      Clair holiday
      (46 years old)
    • Kirsten
      I have years in heels. I was cding when I was 8. And there’s been a lot of heels over the years. Too bad most of them got thrown out when my ex found my stash. 😔  My favorites are my bordellos. I posted a pic of them at one time, but idk where or when. I’ll fbmessage em to you. They’re 7-1/2” stilettos but I can only last a couple hours in those. But I am going to go with a block heel peep toe booty I think. In a tan color. I just haven’t chosen which ones yet. There’s a few styles to choose from but since it’s online it’s crappy cause I can’t try anything on. Shoe stores don’t really carry many size 12 options in store. 😔  
    • MaryMary
      congrats for HRT. I've done a quick research for you question and found nothing conclusive so no luck there. I hope someone will have a definitive yes or no  
    • Cyndee
      Wonderful news indeed, congrats on starting HRT.   Hugs   Cyndee -
    • RithiaAllen
      Those are cute shoes but how much have you walked on heels? Maybe work yourself up to these. 😀
    • jo_g
      Yesssssterday I had my first dose of oestradiol gel and finasteride. Sooo very happy. For various reasons (still not socially transitioned and still investigating the cause of abnormal liver function results) am on only a small dose for the next 3-6 months and an increase is signed off. But considering it's been a much shorter wait than I'd been expecting, I'm totally over the moon and super excited and grateful for any changes that I experience. Mental and physical.    However, I do have a (quite silly) question. I've read that wearing sports bras won't restrict breast growth, which is great, but when presenting female, I also use chicken fillets (not full on breast forms). I put the fillets in the bra first and then pull my existing chest above that, so the fillets aren't visible. As this is quite tight (needs to be to keep everything in place, but isn't painful, or anything like) I have this fear that doing this for a prolonged period of time might cause breast growth to be reduced, or deformed. I'm hoping someone can tell me with confidence (or point me to some blog or whatever) that tells my I'm just being silly and over thinking things. I'm off for a weekend in the sun soon and am hoping to get some sunbathing in, but absolutely need these breast enhancers to give the right shape when out and about, as I'm so early on in HRT.     In other news... time for my second ever dose of oestradiol and finasteride! 😍🤩🥳    Happy girl is happy.
    • Iwy.13
      Thank you all for your kind words. They are very much appreciated.   It's been just two weeks since I have written my first post here, but it sure did feel like much longer now that I think about it. Things happened. Good things so far. I have found my own place, where I can feel secure and be able to explore my feelings and emotions about everything, albeit behind closed door for now. Also I made contact with a local support group led by a girl who did undergo transition herself and an experienced counselor, I have missed the march session,  but am heading to their LGBT+ general meeting next week, to make a first physical contact so to speak. I have been given contact by another group, that is further away, but wery supportive. So, yeah, I am moving forward.    Doing a lot of reading in the meantime and given that I come from Slovakia and did struggle to find sufficient info locally, I am thinking on volunteering some hours of my scheudle to start translating some english resources so people who do not speak english can catch up on all the great stuff and support that is out there. Will see how that goes   To Lucy - Hi there, glad to be here   To Astrid - I guess you are right. It has been something I knew since childhood, but never acted on.   To Toni - Well thank you, i have never been one to take offence regarding a nice compliment, well except when concerning the male me I guess, in retrospect now I see why was I allways so irritated by that. Nevertheless, I can relate. I do see a version of life that differs a lot from what I have been experiencing..   To Timber - Thank you for kind words. The reason I came here was to find an experienced  community, because I do understand, that going through all this solo, as I have done so far, is not the least bit good for one's well beeing.    To Jani - Yes. I do see a world very different from what I have seen all my life. And to tell the truth, one of my first thoughts was that I'd rather endure while being true to myself, than keep slipping deeper into the rabbit hole of conformity, because therein dwells darkness that feasts on the fear, uncertainity and self loathing.    Again, thank you all. I hope I can make this work and perhaps become a member who can in a meaningful way contribute to the community.   Cheers, Iwy.    
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Sophie.  I know that you'll find a lot in these forums that can help you and answer whatever questions you have.  Please let us know how we can help, and enjoy the time you spend with us.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • ToniTone
      Welcome! This forum is awesome, alot of helpful, supportive folks here. I just started using it recently to seek help sorting out my gender dysphoria. People here are pretty warm and welcoming.    Love your username! I have a passion for punk rock here in the states. All my friends are anarcho crusties! ❤️   ~Toni
    • Cyndee
      Welcome Sophie, to the forums, you will find like minds and souls here. Have a look around, and post away as the mood strikes...   I think you'll find quite a few music enthusiasts here as well.   Hugs   Cyndee -
    • sophie_the_punk
      Hi everyone, I am a 23 year old from England. I am a musician and I love listening to punk rock and watching horror movies.   I was assigned male at birth and have lived as a male my whole life, but deep down I've always felt female. I have always wanted to be seen as a female by others, and every time I am called "he" or "him" it just doesn't sound right. I hate my body and wish it was feminine instead of masculine.   This is the first time in my life I have admitted this. I suffer with depression and anxiety but when I dress up in feminine clothing (in private) I feel happy and confident. I feel as though I am whole. Coming out as transgender (which I have come to the conclusion I probably am) just isn't an option though at the moment because it would be very upsetting for my family and ruin all my friendships. I have joined this forum to hear the experiences of similar people and and I hope one day I will be ready to live as a female.
    • DeeDee
      Hi Jackson, I saw this post earlier but because it has been up for a while I wanted to let you know you are not alone. The official answer to this is for you to tell someone, preferably an adult member of staff. Your school should have an anti bullying policy and should enforce it. With parental involvement coming if the school do not solve the issue.    Outside of that as someone who was bullied due to frequently just being the new kid in the UK you have two other options - keep your head down and weather the storm, by not reacting you take the fun out of it for them and they will eventually move onto someone else when they get bored, they want to know that their name calling and harassment has an impact - don't let it, people who behave like that should not matter to you, they are not worth the emotional energy.   Or stand up for yourself and yell back - which will probably just escalate things and make it worse depending on who is harassing you and why. I do NOT recommend this option.   Whatever you decide to do I can promise you that these people do not define you and have no clue how amazing you are as a person, and once you leave school you will probably never see them again.   Do not get your sense of self worth from others. Bullies are only bullies because they are insecure about themselves and are trying to hide their own fears about being a waste of space by trying to make others think they are too, hopefully they will grow out of it, and if you are with your friends they will be less likely to start something if you are in a group. Pity them, don't fear them. You can teach a dog how to behave, but you can't teach stupid.
    • Josie Beth
      It’s a sad fact that most murders occur at the hand of a loved one. It’s not because of gender identity or even the availability of a weapon, it’s a flawed mindset that most people in relationships assume that the other person belongs to them. So when this fallacy is challenged they get emotional, passionate and panic because they realize they can’t control the other person and in the attempt to control the person they kill them as a way of being in control of the other person. The only way to stop this kind of murder which is statistically the highest percentage, is for people to understand that they don’t have power over anyone else but themselves and everyone else outside of their body has the right to do as they choose with their own body, as long as they don’t physically harm someone else. It’s a mindset and not a law that is going to reduce murder. In short people need to grow up.
    • Kole Rickard
      This is horrible! There must have been something else going to though to drive her to do that to her partner.. We really do need to take better care of the law of having guns.
    • VickySGV
      To sell advertising and newspapers!! We sell. probably to the people who claim we do not exist in public.
    • VickySGV
      If you think you could have had that type of surgery, my suggestion it to go to your medical provider, tell them of your suspicions and see if they can do any type of check for the surgical scars.  Be honest with them since we are years down the road from the practice. 
  • Upcoming Events