• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
VickySGV

Some Lenten Parallels Of Jesus and Trans People

VickySGV

The season of Lent begins in a few minutes my time.  Lent is a time for change and new growth and hard introspection of our lives.  This is something I wrote a few years ago but for those who are Christian and follow a Lenten Discipline I hope this helps.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jesus knew from a young age that he was different from other children his age.  (See the story in Luke 2, 41:51).  The same scripture shows that his parents had a hard time with this, but that He held onto it in private as many of us do as children. God however knew about Jesus and knows about us in those times.

Jesus was “Outed” by his cousin John.  Between the three Synoptic Gospels, Mark, Matthew and Luke, it’s a little hard to figure whether Jesus wanted John to do this just when he did, IE Jesus wanted to come out of the God Closet, or John forced him out the way people often force us out of our closets and give us no choice of the matter.

Jesus went into a wilderness at this point of being outed.  It is said he fasted and prayed, and was tempted for many things.  On being outed, we too go into a wilderness, but our temptations are a little different.  Our “fasts” are often self-harm and self-loathing where we fear that God cannot accept us.  Our prayers are often for death and not for life, love and acceptance   

What is a wilderness though really?  It is a place where society and other people do not control our lives, or our thoughts, a place where the opinions and control of other people in our lives cannot touch us.  We can choose a wilderness of our own, sometimes in Gender Counseling and sometimes in our own holy places.  We find a way to ignore and shut out what others try to make us is to be, just as Jesus no longer gave heed to the world’s idea of what a Messiah should be. We can carry this out of the wilderness and no longer be controlled by the world.

Jesus was Transfigured in front of three of his disciples and showed His True Self and his destiny to them.  We too have a first time in front of our family and friends dressed as our preferred gender and doing the things that are part of our True Selves as well.  We can hear “You are my beloved child, in you I am well pleased” if we listen for it, but possibly the others will be deaf to that message though we may be filled with it’s peace 

For a time, we too must teach others about the true nature of what being Transgender is all about, the crippling Gender Dysphoria that is in it, and that it is not sexual deviance or anything to harm other people. Being out is a way we and our fellow Trans* will be the best we can be as loving neighbors and relatives.  Like Jesus, we too must show others where their blind obedience to what they think is God’s Law is in fact self-deception and a glance away from God’s true face.

At last our hour too will come when we will face our Transitions into our True Selves once and for all.  We cannot go back and live as the world wants us to, and yet we are afraid to go forward.  We have fear and know we face many types of pain, and all for what, we do not know.  We too are in a garden praying that some other alternative is there than what we know really will be there for us.  We too will then stand up and pronounce that “our hour is at hand”,  and face what we must do to fulfill our purpose in life.

Our false self that our families and friends and even our cities have known and seen will die as we come further into the world as authentic selves.  None of those sources will ever again direct our lives and create us in the image they “believe is right” and that they own.  Our resurrected self that is free of a body we felt trapped in will be the one they will now know and they will realize they are powerless over it.  Our new body is one that shows our spirit as God truly made it.  Ours of course will be in life for a time yet to come, but perhaps it is our purpose from God to show changes that can be made in all lives by accepting HIS will and design for us. 

Blessings and peace for a Holy Lent

DeeDee

Wow Vicky, thank you for sharing, I always get mildly irritated when I hear about people giving up things for lent like not being on FB for a month is a big deal when lent is not about removal but focus and self improvement.

42 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

We cannot go back and live as the world wants us to, and yet we are afraid to go forward.

This hit me hard because there is SO much truth in it.  It really does feel like being lost in a wilderness most of the time.

As Dee I keep being drawn to images of butterflies and I know it is because they are an example of transfiguration by design into something truly beautiful.

Thank you so much. 💛

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• AnAnxiousMess
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

citrusii395
    Newest Member
    citrusii395

1. abstractemp
      abstractemp
      (23 years old)
    2. Aeroswift99
      Aeroswift99
    3. Willow
      Willow
      (71 years old)
    • VickySGV
      I am not advertising Pantene Hair products, just showing some recent You Tube stuff sent to me by friends.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xodxm2PyD2A&fbclid=IwAR1xUyzcIsSAba2GCETe20oSspxNTxbhcXaH6DytxYB_onlQhwtgwy535rw   This is a PEOPLE MAGAZINE article on the project.  https://people.com/style/pantene-glaad-the-trans-chorus-of-los-angeles-partner-on-video-series/?fbclid=IwAR2MsHInpT5OOKl_-b468RQdm-hsG0vOXMwEs9p9F_j9RAHR4pMIX5G5Bk4
    • citrusii395
      Hey, I'm a new FtM member, but I'm still questioning that. At the moment, I'm still figuring out my name, but you can just call me Victor or Vex. Either one works. Here's some stuff about me. Age: 14 Height: 5'2" (sadly) Gendre: AFAB (FtM; Questioning) Interests: Art, music, cooking, baking, sewing, gaming, game creation, Chinese (gay) dramas anything involving computers really Parents: Supportive but questions me about it   Thank you for reading this.
    • Jani
      This is a decent book.  I bought the paperback version some time ago.  They referenced a companion audio file that could be downloaded that demonstrated the exercises, etc.  Unfortunately I cannot find it.  
    • A. Dillon
      Thank you! I just want to let you know that I prefer to go by Dillon, but my parents said that I am not allowed to make that my first name. (and the name Dillon B had already been taken)   Yours Truly,  Dillon B.  
    • Belle
      Shawna and Laura,   I'm reading through a Kindle book called The Voice Book for Trans and Non-Binary People. It has good reviews and it has been helpful so far. It doesn't have an Audible version so you would have to read it rather than listen to it. But it has lessons you could learn while reading and then practice while you're driving.   I have also watched a number of YouTube videos that have been helpful. There are several sisters who I can't believe they aren't cis, so I steer away from any others.   If I find a good source for lessons that can be done while driving I will post here.   Love and Hugs 💋 Belle  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Well I asked for “the gift of shopping “. Lol Gift cards are my best friend lately.   There are so many female things I want it’s crazy.    Some I am not ready to wear in public yet but nevertheless want them.  I don’t know all my sizes from brand to brand so I need to try things on.  I can’t exactly ask for anything outright yet.  I love to shop and look and buy.  Dream over some things.    
    • Belle
      Same to you Shawna! And I'm sorry I've been misspelling your name. I had read one of your earlier posts where you said you had tried to put Shawn as your name but it wouldn't let you, so I was trying to respect that. I wasn't paying enough attention to your signature in your replies!    Love,  Belle ❤️
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I had downloaded an iPhone app call VoiceUp and it seemed to be helping.  The analyzer gave me fairly good numbers well into the female range with very little male range recorded. Just after a short while too. Though to me I still sound male.   I realize the range of a cis women can vary fairly low in pitch to very high.  But still.  To me I still sound male.  I hate it.   At best I may sound like a gay male.  Which is a beginning I suppose.   I plan to seek out a voice trainer in my area if I can get it covered under insurance.  Fingers crossed.  
    • Belle
      Tally, I'm so happy that you're finally making it to the endocrinologist! I want to start HRT so much! A while ago I actually started on some herb cream that was causing changes very quickly. I was ecstatic but soon realized I had to slow down for safety but also because at some point in the not so distant future my wife would figure it out. That's when I came out to her and she insisted I stop. My dysphoria skyrocketed.   If you're comfortable with it please share as your body begins to align with your true self.   Belle  <3
    • ShawnaLeigh
      We may of been born and even lived a huge amount of time in our male shells but inside we are women.  Something we are trying slowly to bring out and bloom.   This is how I know you.  Read you.  I am glad to of met you here and hope to hear and read more from you.   lot of love Shawna.  
    • Leah
      This is the best time of the year to browse through the female side of Wally World, and buy frilly things with lots of straps. "My wife/gf/mistress told me she wants a new _____ for Christmas." If it doesn't fit, "surprize her" by exchanging yourself after Christmas for a better size. Realistically, they're too busy to care about anything except getting off ... er, work that is, not the other.
    • EliAvery
      Welcome, Andrew. 
    • Laura76
      Hi ShawnaLeigh,    Has there been any further response to your question? Did you get the EVA MTF for the iphone? I too am working on my voice, since I sound VERY male, and am still in transition.   Thank  you, Laura76
    • A. Dillon
      You have no idea how much I feel this. For years, I would literally tell myself that I should have been a boy, that I was just waiting for the testosterone to kick in, everything like that, but totally dismissed the idea that I was trans. It was (and still kinda is) confusing, but eventually I learned to just do what made me the happiest, which I now know is rocking a man's jeans, a man's haircut, and a man's name.
    • Belle
      I'm just so used to getting a reaction from females as if I'm a guy. I'm overly sensitive to the idea that something I have said was taken wrong. It has happened so many times with varying reactions.    🤗
  • Upcoming Events