• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
VickySGV

Some Lenten Parallels Of Jesus and Trans People

VickySGV

The season of Lent begins in a few minutes my time.  Lent is a time for change and new growth and hard introspection of our lives.  This is something I wrote a few years ago but for those who are Christian and follow a Lenten Discipline I hope this helps.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Jesus knew from a young age that he was different from other children his age.  (See the story in Luke 2, 41:51).  The same scripture shows that his parents had a hard time with this, but that He held onto it in private as many of us do as children. God however knew about Jesus and knows about us in those times.

Jesus was “Outed” by his cousin John.  Between the three Synoptic Gospels, Mark, Matthew and Luke, it’s a little hard to figure whether Jesus wanted John to do this just when he did, IE Jesus wanted to come out of the God Closet, or John forced him out the way people often force us out of our closets and give us no choice of the matter.

Jesus went into a wilderness at this point of being outed.  It is said he fasted and prayed, and was tempted for many things.  On being outed, we too go into a wilderness, but our temptations are a little different.  Our “fasts” are often self-harm and self-loathing where we fear that God cannot accept us.  Our prayers are often for death and not for life, love and acceptance   

What is a wilderness though really?  It is a place where society and other people do not control our lives, or our thoughts, a place where the opinions and control of other people in our lives cannot touch us.  We can choose a wilderness of our own, sometimes in Gender Counseling and sometimes in our own holy places.  We find a way to ignore and shut out what others try to make us is to be, just as Jesus no longer gave heed to the world’s idea of what a Messiah should be. We can carry this out of the wilderness and no longer be controlled by the world.

Jesus was Transfigured in front of three of his disciples and showed His True Self and his destiny to them.  We too have a first time in front of our family and friends dressed as our preferred gender and doing the things that are part of our True Selves as well.  We can hear “You are my beloved child, in you I am well pleased” if we listen for it, but possibly the others will be deaf to that message though we may be filled with it’s peace 

For a time, we too must teach others about the true nature of what being Transgender is all about, the crippling Gender Dysphoria that is in it, and that it is not sexual deviance or anything to harm other people. Being out is a way we and our fellow Trans* will be the best we can be as loving neighbors and relatives.  Like Jesus, we too must show others where their blind obedience to what they think is God’s Law is in fact self-deception and a glance away from God’s true face.

At last our hour too will come when we will face our Transitions into our True Selves once and for all.  We cannot go back and live as the world wants us to, and yet we are afraid to go forward.  We have fear and know we face many types of pain, and all for what, we do not know.  We too are in a garden praying that some other alternative is there than what we know really will be there for us.  We too will then stand up and pronounce that “our hour is at hand”,  and face what we must do to fulfill our purpose in life.

Our false self that our families and friends and even our cities have known and seen will die as we come further into the world as authentic selves.  None of those sources will ever again direct our lives and create us in the image they “believe is right” and that they own.  Our resurrected self that is free of a body we felt trapped in will be the one they will now know and they will realize they are powerless over it.  Our new body is one that shows our spirit as God truly made it.  Ours of course will be in life for a time yet to come, but perhaps it is our purpose from God to show changes that can be made in all lives by accepting HIS will and design for us. 

Blessings and peace for a Holy Lent

DeeDee

Wow Vicky, thank you for sharing, I always get mildly irritated when I hear about people giving up things for lent like not being on FB for a month is a big deal when lent is not about removal but focus and self improvement.

42 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

We cannot go back and live as the world wants us to, and yet we are afraid to go forward.

This hit me hard because there is SO much truth in it.  It really does feel like being lost in a wilderness most of the time.

As Dee I keep being drawn to images of butterflies and I know it is because they are an example of transfiguration by design into something truly beautiful.

Thank you so much. 💛

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• Willa
    • Cyndee
    • MaryMary
  • Who Was Online

108 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Willa
    • Cyndee
    • MaryMary
    • MaryEllen
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Janeshannon
    • Petra Jane
    • Anders
    • Jani
    • Noah_Alexander
    • Kole Rickard
    • Jennaroxie
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • Emanda
    • Willow
    • KymmieL
    • Kirsten
    • Charlize
    • Stillbourne
    • killjoyaiden
    • Wishes for Donna
    • Fimdir
    • ToniTone
    • Timber Wolf
    • SaraAW
    • fwahzie
    • figuringitout
    • Senair
    • Bridgeo
    • Robin
    • Harrietta
    • ReubyLouise
    • DeeDee
    • tracy_j
    • Michelle F
    • VickySGV
    • Katie_marie
    • Josie Beth
    • hmillerrr
    • Katelyn
    • Susan
    • Camie
    • Infatheline
    • jae bear
    • TiaMaria
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Kaisurvives
    • Zach
    • Darlene7139
    • Jocelyn
    • SugarMagnolia
    • MySonsMom
    • Ronin82
    • EliAtkins
    • HeatherCristina
    • RithiaAllen
    • Sharon Aml
    • Amanda
    • Beverly
    • J_Perra
    • 66Brandy
    • Cat28
    • Serena Dreams
    • Fish(i just want answers)
    • Dino
    • Carolyn Marie
    • SandraBear
    • Dani1
    • April
    • Disintegrator
    • MicahKj
    • Nicks1
    • KeiraC
    • sara albert
    • Chrissy Bear
    • Jude-FtM-Little-Mental
    • Jackson Max
    • BrandenLeon
    • Dev
    • Julief71
    • Ashlee
    • jo_g
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • JohnniGyrl
    • Ellora
    • blainelamely
    • EvanC
    • broadwaybabe3583
    • Rachael
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • L0gan
    • Dakota16
    • Josiep
    • Tanya Phillipines
    • Marbabar
    • CallMeKai
    • AllexisVamp
    • Alex94
    • LKay
    • TwiztedHatter
    • Julie pg
    • Veola
    • LotsOQs026
    • Jessica27
    • Clara84
    • BillieS
    • Saefire Bennett
    • Bob.belee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kaisurvives
    Newest Member
    Kaisurvives

1. ~Nova~
      ~Nova~
      (54 years old)
    2. Carly Hughes
      Carly Hughes
    3. iJustNeedToKnow
      iJustNeedToKnow
      (43 years old)
    • Jani
      I know its difficult but you can rise above this Kole!   Things will get better.   Jani
    • Kole Rickard
      Another day! Good morning! I hope everyone is having a better one than me.I'm just stressing out about grades and school, plus other things. It sucks because for me currently its only 8:13 AM and I have already had a panic attack today. I'm just super tired in general today as well. Oh well, lets just hope that today gets a lot better. <3 
    • Willow
      Good morning    my my wife and I spent yesterday talking to another couple about the road we are on. It confirmed a lot of the emotions we are going through. I met them at a support group meeting and they offered to spend as much time as we would like talking to us and particularly my wife about their journey together.    Not only did we enjoy their company but they had they had a lot of good things to say.     Willow
    • Kirsten
      It is important to know we aren’t alone. I am so happy I could help you in some small way Claire. Please keep sharing. Letting it all out is such a liberating and positive step in finding your happiness. Im always around if you need someone to talk to.  K
    • Charlize
      Welcome Fimdir.  Hopefully you will remain in a stabilized world and will live in peace with your sister and identity.  2 years may seem forever but time goes quickly.  Glad you have joined us.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • killjoyaiden
      I think I need to take a break.. I'm just needing some time to think.. I'll come back when I can. I love you all.    Stay safe and stay alive, Aiden
    • Stillbourne
      Wow. You broke my wall Kirsten. I felt validated being able to post in the first place. Reading your words has me crying. Good tears though.  Thank you.
    • Kirsten
      A lot of your story resonates with me. The family telling you what is right, and how to act. The abuse physical and mental. The abandonment of a family too full of themselves to make room for a daughter. The endless stories of how bad and wrong I am for being myself. The moments of living on the street to satisfy a mothers desire while secretly hoping she would realize and all would be forgiven. It’s a crap way to be brought up.  But there is more. There are people out there that will accept you. There are even people that will love and respect you believe it or not. And they can come from anywhere. This is a good place to start your journey. There are so many great accepting positive and helpful people here.  Dont be discouraged. Things seem to ebb and flow like the ocean. Sometimes the tide carries in some bad things and gets violent crashing hard on us. But eventually it recedes and the peace and tranquility returns revealing beautiful treasures that the waves have left behind. Hold strong to these tidbits. They can help you through the harder things.  Welcome to our forums Claire. Very nice to meet you.  ❤️K
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Harrietta, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   It is scary. You not alone anymore now. We are here! Join in the conversation.   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐺🐾
    • Stillbourne
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Claire, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   I'm sorry to hear of your mom's lack of acceptance. Something you should realise is that she's the one with the problem, not you. And being transgender or gay does not stamp a ticket to hell. You are not a bad person for being trans or gay. And you are a welcomed member here!   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐺🐾  
    • Amy LeBlanc
      That link you shared Kirsten does sound scary.  But with being on hormones for MtF with how my body is changing into what I should have been born as.
    • Kirsten
      Be careful Amy! This second puberty sounds AWFUL!    https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/6-things-everyone-experiences-when-they-go-through-seco-1825123336
    • MaryEllen
      Hello Fimdir, Welcome to TransPulse.  Thank you so much for sharing with us. I hope you and your sister can find the total peace that you deserve.    (I've made the edit that you requested)   MaryEllen
    • Stillbourne
      Prescript: I just have to type something. Another sleepless night filled with anxiety. I've been so happy to find this site. I wanted to make some coherent, Earth shattering debut... But I'm a mess. You're here. You're what I have. Thank you, and away we go.   Where to start? Too late for that. How to catch up? Maybe. Anyways, here's my thing... I know my gender identity is becoming a bigger issue in my life, every day. I'm trying to find a way to bring understanding and support in to my life. Long short of it, ideally I'm looking for a facility in Canada that can help me out. I'm not sure what kind of resources are available that can help me find my inner voice and conquer the addictions/ psychological aspects. All advice is appreciated. I know it's going to be a long-term journey. I'm ready for the work. Just, how do I start? What piece of the crap pile do I start working on first?  I feel like "I just want to be normal", but it sometimes feels easier riding the wreck currently in progress. However, I want to be a real person again. Whatever that is. I want to have friends and do things. I want to not be in the outside watching the happy people go by. "I want to go home" so to speak. Even though, I've never really had a home or place I felt safe in. But it's a nice thought. One day.   You see I wasn't raised with any freedom to be different. On the contrary there has been a lot of work done on me to suppress and deny my identity for the ease of those around me. Not to dwell on the trauma, but for an idea of what I was put though, things like kneeling on rocks in a hidden room under the stairs with no lights to learn that "ADD is just in my head", or "Youth Groups" at church that focused on "shaming the gay" out of us were common in my life.  Honestly, I ate it up. Mostly because of the biggest catalyst to this cause, my mother and her favorite saying, "You'll never understand a mother's love. I could love you through anything... AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT GAY." Well poop. I didn't want to lose my mother's love, so from an early age I became a master of macho and over compensation. Me gay? No. NO. I LIKE BOOBS. Ya, and trucks and guns, etc. You know the jig. Copy, paste, repeat, here I am on the edge of tomorrow and the mask doesn't fit anymore.  It's just so bloody hard to stop the knee jerk reaction of "being the man" and putting the mask back on. I've buried over my feminine instincts, beaten them down, beaten myself down and when that wasn't good enough, I've given the world at large a pliable floor mat to trod on. It's driving me bonkers. I'm sorry but I've carried a lot of pain and frustration making straight people feel comfortable. What about my comfort? When will, "You're so gay!" not sound like, "I found one, get him!" Will I ever stop feeling like God hates me because I was to weak to stay straight? If this is going to disqualify me from Heaven then why should I care about any law or rule? By my nature, beyond my control, if I'm so repulsive to everyone else, what am I supposed to do all alone? It's nice to wax poetic and romanticize about living cottage life single, but every day, for the rest of my life??? Where can I go that a six foot five, two hundred and thirty pound chunk of mountain man can go around wearing a nice sundress and do a little spin because in his heart he's just a little girl? I have no one to "just be me with". Or even find out who that is.  The last thing my mom said to me was, "Well if you're gonna be gay then just go find a man and love him." The common theme in all our confrontations is "go". No matter what the fight has been over the years, "go" has been the underlying message. I never heard it until recently. I never heard the silent, "and don't come back." Once was all it took. Now, it all makes sense. It broke my heart and stole the wind from my sails. At least "faking it for Mom" gave me a cause. Now, what can I make of what's survived. I wish it were that easy. Sounds simple, "Just go find a man and love him." LoL I wish she knew there is more than "Straight and Gay". I mean, like, what do I do on the days that I feel like a woman who likes women that have man parts too?  I'm assuming you can relate to the rabbit holes of thought that can arise here. Bottom line, I don't have to fake it for Mom anymore. She just plain don't want me in her life if I'm going to be me. I don't care what she thinks anymore, or anyone else for that matter. Or, maybe I still care but I'm ready to carry the pain and go forward. Regardless, as soon as I meet any one new, I'm well down the road of lies and cover stories, trying to present the "just a normal guy" routine before I even notice.  Sometimes it's not from lack of desire to be myself. Often it's just because it is so much work "being a normal queer". At home, I don't have to explain me to me. If I'm girly, I'm girly, if I'm macho, I'm macho. It's all a part of me.  So saying something like, "I'm gay" or "I'm transgender" feels as weird as saying I'm straight or binary. I'm just Claire (the name I chose for the "Her" in me.) If anyone took the time to get to know Claire or Claybourne (my given boy name) they'd know that my sexual identity is only a piece of me. Like how I'm a hiker, or a cook or like to knit. I don't run around saying, "I'm a hiker." I say, Hi, I'm Claybourne. If the conversation goes near the outdoors I might pop in, "I like hiking, I'm a hiker." Whether the other person likes hiking or not isn't a deal breaker to the conversation. Yet it seems like until someone knows your gender and sexual preference they reserve the right to consider your presence in their life. Why is the label such a thing? Why do people with static gender identities not understand how incredibly biased the world is for their benefit. Like, do straight people have to explain, "Well, I have a penis and only like sex in a vagina?" No. Why do I have to have a "briefing session" with everyone to explain concepts that aren't really that complex? Really, it's no one's business. But then, "Oh did you hear Claybourne came out?"  I think the whole coming out thing is a slap in the face to gender diversity. The fact that I had to declare to people, that the boy who was scared to go in to men's bathrooms, who watched more fashion television than a Trekkie binge watching Deep Space Nine on Netflix, who tucked his penis and sat to pee, who was an entirely flamboyant individual HAS GENDER IDENTITY ISSUES. Like, these people obviously knew. They saw in me things they did not like, they literally forced me to be different than my nature and now they want me to walk back in to their lives with a giant sign out for their convenience.  Argh, okay, by now if you're still reading you can see the layers and layers of stuff I have to go through. This whole new movement of freedom for people like me has me feeling I might have a chance. I see queer kids younger than me that have family and friends. I'm jealous. I was taught that we were going to burn in hell and that the mission was to exterminate the deviation known as queer. Here I am, hiding in the middle of no where, trying to limit the offence of my presence on my local world while I see so many queer people with so much in their life. I see queer people on TV crying about how hard their transition is, yet they're holding their mothers hand and their friends are saying spring things.  Did any of them have to serve their captors supper after climbing out of their shame boxes? Why did people I love do this to me? Why did they teach me I'm bad? So I'm done hiding. I came out.  Now it's just me.  Normally I have a never failing positive attitude. Since learning that my mom would rather I just stay gone, my bottom fell out. I always thought there was a reason for me hiding for her. I thought that if I made it easy on her at some point she'd get me back. Like, I could come home and have a family again.  It's not going to happen like that. She chose her man. She loves him. He hates queers. So ya.  I'm not sure what I'm really trying to say here.  Mostly it's another lonely sleepless night here in the middle of nowhere. I know things need to change because I think I'm just waiting to die now. Not that I'm suicidal. I just can't start the circle of faking it again and I have no resources to make a new start. I wanted to be a singer and a dancer. Or a fashion designer or a chef. I ended up doing hard labor jobs like working on oil rigs, digging trenches and making cellphone towers. I've lived on the streets or conditions that would be classified as homeless often. My body is beaten and my Soul is low. I used so much of my being trying to make a man my mother could accept. Between time left and body capabilities, what could I really do? Reading back I see the biggest thing I need are people and a place that I can feel safe as a gender confused person. Living in the middle of an oil patch, in the heart of Redneck Alberta, Canada is not a queer friendly place. The local counselors look at me like I'm the jackpot of cases. That say things like, "you'll be my first transgender client. I've been doing lots of reading and hope I can help." It's like some kind of badge on their resume. Five minutes in to a session I'm consulting them in the small but mysterious bits of queer culture I do have. Like, really? Is there any where I can go that has a history of working with gender issues? Yes, I have addictions issues too. I just feel I've fought the symptom long enough. I need to address the core.  Any help? Please. By the way, this was supposed to be an introduction post, so "Hi. I'm Claire" and Claybourne. I guess. This is my start.  See you soon. 😘
  • Upcoming Events