• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What is your favorite fragrance?

michelle_kitten

I've been shopping lately for a fragrance.  As when shopping for men's fragrance, I am taking my time and looking for something that matches my body chemistry.  I've always liked the deeper floral fragrances, more than the lighter floral scents and citrus scents.  I don't want a lot of silage, because I want to  be able to easily change to "guy-mode," if necessary.  Right now, I am wearing a very inexpensive scent, but I think if I ever went full time girl, I'd want to invest in some real Eau de Parfume.

So, I am curious.  What are your favorite fragrances?  What do you like about them?

I wear Victoria’s secrets “very sexy” body spray every day. It’s a pretty light floral scent. I’ve loved it for years and I wore it before I came out sometimes. And at 10 dollars a bottle it’s pretty cheap too. 

Victoria Secrets has real great inexpensive stuff. My fav is roses   

I fell in love with Cacharel Yes I Am EdP. It's sweet, feminine, sophisticated, and it's wonderful. 

I am currently working on this too, I used to spend ages trying to get the right perfume for my partner but she always went through phases of having her "work" and "play" scents and would not try new ones until she ran out.  I usually wear ladies Sure deodorant, it s inexpensive and works, but while I can smell it, it is not overtly powerful.  I have also discovered that I really like CK's "Euphoria" (how apt) I am not sure if my tastes will change over time and as I try more brands and my smell changes but I bought little taster collections that let me know what I will and wont like without investing heavily.

So, I realized after posting this, a couple of years ago I didn't know one end of a fragrance bottle from the other.  I took the time to research and read about the science of fragrance and some solid tips from experts on how to choose a fragrance.  I kinda feel if I was that ignorant, others probably are too.  It's not like they teach this stuff in school.  So, I started a new thread about how to chose a fragrance.  I've kinda thrown-up all over my first post some basics.  I would love others to contribute.

• 10 months later...

For me, I fell in love with Bath and Body Works Citrus body spray. It's clean smelling and in a pitch can not be catergorized as Male or Female. I started wearing feminine deodorant 5 years ago. Secret. I slipped under the radar until my co worker asked me if I wore female deodorant  

• Forum Moderator

Me, I love the bath and body works Twisted peppermint. I used the body wash, too. I have worn Secret female deodorant for years. Never had anyone ask about it.

Kymmie

Citrus' ability to be non categorizable as male or female is especially nice in unknown company who may not know you.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Me, I love the bath and body works Twisted peppermint. I used the body wash, too. I have worn Secret female deodorant for years. Never had anyone ask about it.

Kymmie

It was funny. My co-worker sniffed the air and said where is that girly smell coming from? Then he looked at me and said,......it's you.

• Forum Moderator

I come at this from an odd angle. I don't use any at the moment but don't have issues with odour or persperation. As male I used to use various products but found them pretty overpowering. I tend to be pretty sensitive so little would mean a lot.  I found that one of the big plusses of female cosmetics is that they tend to be either odourless or very subtle in fragrance. It's not often I go out anywhere where perfume is commonplace and my partner has seldom used it so there is no commonality.

Tracy

Omg I need this post!   I have been trying to figure this out for myself.  I’m having a hard time too as my wife has a ton of fragrances and rotated threw all of them regularly so she never wears the same one twice.  I naturally don’t want to wear what she does.
As male I used an Axe body spray daily.  I had a couple.  Hey it says girls like it right on the can!   Lol

Since I still present male at work I’m wearing three that I do not waste it but getting close to needing a perfume that suits me.  
I was also waiting for my body chemistry to switch over which I feel it has.  
This winter I have been super dry so I have been using a few different Bath snd Bodyworks fragrance body lotions. My wife and I hit their 75% of sale a while ago and both came home with grocery bags full of stuff.  Lol

I love shopping with her.  

I am fond of lavender scent.

I use Dove antiperspirant.

But I tend not to put much scent on.

TA

Calvin Klein Euphoria   is my go to  perfume. It isnt the cheapest but the fragrance is just amazing

For underarms just plain old Dove. As it isnt chalky.

For moisturiser Anything with a coconut smell works for me.

• Forum Moderator

I can't do scents as they affect my breathing negatively.  I remember several times when I was much younger waking up in the car with my dad after passing out in church from all the competing women's perfumes.  My wife enjoys scents but cannot wear them because of me.  

58 minutes ago, Jani said:

I can't do scents as they affect my breathing negatively.  I remember several times when I was much younger waking up in the car with my dad after passing out in church from all the competing women's perfumes.  My wife enjoys scents but cannot wear them because of me.  

Oh that’s to bad.  For you both.  I guess there is worse things to go without but I feel bad about this one.  

I'm older and gravitate to the  older fragrances, I used Opium at first but they changed it so now and foe the last 3 years I use only Chanel # 5, I know old lady perfume but I love it.

I use a body spray called Avon Naturals with a vanilla smell, it's amazing and strong but I've seen bananas and a few other interesting smells they sell, Cant wait to try them all.

• Forum Moderator

My sinuses and eyes can't handle fragrances.  The only scented product I use is some artisan soap that comes in flavours like grapefruit, eucalyptus, lavender, or patchouli.  The fragrances are really mild and don't irritate my sinuses.