• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Rachel34

Trying to find underclothes that work

Rachel34

I'm trying to starts wearing some female clothes underneath my normal stuff. Underwear, tank tops etc. The issue I'm having is finding an underwear type thing that fits my bits. I skipped past thongs, hipsters and anything smaller and went straight to boy shorts but I'm still having some issues especially when performing day to day activities. Is there anything with a little more length to cover that still looks cute?

VickySGV

I cannot recommend any clothing other than what you say you have tried, but you may want to read some of the stuff on Tucking that we have here.  Another thing is that you see much more than anyone else that does not look the way you want it to or feels the way YOU think it should, when in reality it is fine and in time will feel natural (if that is what you are looking for). 

Rachel34
2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

I cannot recommend any clothing other than what you say you have tried, but you may want to read some of the stuff on Tucking that we have here.  Another thing is that you see much more than anyone else that does not look the way you want it to or feels the way YOU think it should, when in reality it is fine and in time will feel natural (if that is what you are looking for). 

Thank you for the reply. I read up on tucking and it mildy scares me(my anxiety might not be helping), but it's something I think I'm willing to try. I found something called a gaffe that would seem to work well for less severe situations, when I'm not overly concerned about printing and at home. The downside is I'm stuck with 3 roommates and am limited to my bedroom for my comfort zone. When I'm in just women's clothing I'm unironically hiding in the walk in closet, listening to music and dancing because it's one of the few areas I'm okay to be me.

VickySGV

You are flying the Bear Flag like I do and California is a fairly good place for Trans folks.  Take a look for an LGBT Community Center around you, and find their Trans and NB support group meeting times. They are used to people coming in one gender's clothing to the meeting place, having them change and attend the meeting and then cleaning up to go home.  I co-lead such a group myself and it is fun to watch people open up about themselves.  I would not bother with  a gaffe,, just get some high latex fabric Tummy Control panties and after a few tries as you calm down the tucking is much easier. 

Astrid
4 hours ago, Rachel34 said:

I skipped past thongs, hipsters and anything smaller and went straight to boy shorts but I'm still having some issues especially when performing day to day activities. Is there anything with a little more length to cover that still looks cute?

I've found that the length of boyshorts can vary by design, even from the same manufacturer, and certainly among different manufacturers.  Some labeled as "boyshorts" have no extra hem length at all along the leg.  The ones I really like have an inch of hem, and offer great support whether I choose to tuck (e.g., when I'm wearing leggings) or not (e.g., when I'm wearing pants that aren't figure-hugging).  Ironically, I paid a lot for one pair of boyshorts with 3-inch hems, only to find that they didn't offer good support, and didn't fit as snugly as my favorites.

If you'd like more detailed info on the particular boyshorts I find to be good, PM me.  (Didn't want to advertise for specific brand names or stores here.)

Oh, and you might give tucking a serious try.  Once you master it, it can become a painless and quick way to deal with your bulge, particularly in boyshorts that fit snugly, like those made from cotton.  (Some boyshort materials have so much give that they don't do as good a job of maintaining support.)

Best wishes!

Astrid

tracy_j

I think it's finding what suits you best. I have never got on with boyshorts at all. Not being over there, I won't go into brands but, in general, I have found quality panties better. Obviously womenswear is only designed to cover a small bulge so tucking is really essential.

I tend to wear bikini, hi-leg or full brief dependant on situation, how I am feeling or what I am wearing.

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 178 Guests (See full list)

• Claire 1960
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • Liebchenmellon
    • Spencer
    • Dakota16
    • VickySGV
    • Belle
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Spencer
    Newest Member
    Spencer

1. Amanda Amethyst
      Amanda Amethyst
      (66 years old)
    2. rorylm
      rorylm
      (70 years old)
    • Susan R
      That should be interesting...you’ll have to share how it all went.  I will be doing the same in the next few weeks if all works out.
    • DonnaBall
      Well I finally brought it up to her a few days ago and she was ready to deal with it, and to my surprise and relief, she was agreeable to everything that I had proposed.  I think she just wants to get this separation over with so we can stop living together under this cloud.  It will still take a while though as I need to get a mortgage to keep the condo and pay her the share of our assets and then she will have to find a condo for herself, get a mortgage and close and move out.  That all takes months.  I can't wait to start living as Donna full time. 
    • VickySGV
      We now know a judge to avoid.  He could and may find himself up on judicial ethics violation charges in the future.  I was just reading something from an actual elected trial judge about that sort of thing.  
    • TrIIIy
      Hi, Dillon. I live with my mom, and she is very resistant to my transition. She doesn’t even like to talk about it.  But she is getting better about it. She even took me to my appointment to get my first testosterone shot recently, which is huge for her!  Having parents who support you is such a comfort, but many of us don’t have that. But that can change over time. My family is starting to use my preferred name and pronouns, if only sporadically. I try to take each correctly gendered occasion as a small personal victory.  Celebrate the little things on your journey. Big things are coming!
    • VickySGV
      Better yet, go into a beauty supply store that has clip in hair extensions, (the same type of store that sells the dye) and buy one or two colors of the cheapest ones to try out, and then you will do even less than the damage even dye would.  The extensions are fun to use and do not cost much in synthetic hair types. https://www.sallybeauty.com/color-strip-clip-in-hair-extension/HAIRDO2.html   I buy things at Sally Beauty supply but other places have them too. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/01/trump-appointed-judge-rules-trans-people-no-right-called-personal-pronouns/     Carolyn Marie
    • Robin68
      You are probably better off discussing your physical options with a physician. Maybe you've already done that. There are other FtM members here who could also offer helpful advice. I wish you the best of luck! Believe me, I relate to your feelings of dysphoria.   Hugs,   Robin68
    • TransMex
      Hello everyone. I would like to thank you very much for your responses and I would also like to apologize for not doing so earlier. After reading your responses (and some that I have received elsewhere) I've been spending a lot of time reflecting on my options and the future. I'm actually still thinking about it right now, I am truly not sure which path I will take exactly at this moment. However, I should not have neglected to respond to all of you, that have helped give me some peace of mind. I am no longer panicking as I was before, when I felt I had a biological time bomb on my person. The fact that I was able to take my time thinking about this at all is in large part thanks to you all.   Vicky, your kind words despite my fumbling around with these forums in my panic were invaluable to me. As I mentioned earlier I do not interact with many people neither irl nor online and that first mistake I made nearly convinced me to keep things that way; until I received your words of encouragement. Thank you for welcoming me to these forums so kindly.   Jani, your quick response helped me feel connected to other people like me when until now I've felt almost completely alone in these matters. Your reminder that the body's response to any hormone can be dictated in large part by genetics was the first thing that took my mind off the feeling that I had allowed myself to miss my one chance to live like I wanted. I have to remember that it is never too late to change.   Jackie, your words helped put things into perspective. Sometimes, I admit, I feel old at my age already. I felt like I had allowed my body to miss any and all chances to grow the way I wanted it to, but that changed a little reading your response. Knowing of someone that had felt the same way I was feeling in that moment, and was now happy with their appearance, really shook me off that state of mind. I cannot change the past, but that fact doesn't mean I can no longer be happy with my self.   Shawna, thanks for your answer. I really wish I could have gotten HRT before puberty but I didn't even know any of this was even possible. I don't know if I'll ever be entirely rid of that regret but you are right. It is what it is. I can only look forward, I cannot let the past prevent me from enjoying the present and the future.   Once more thank you to everyone. Since I posted these questions I've done some more digging around and found a group of people that may be able to help me getting HRT in my city if I wish to take that path. At the moment, I feel like that may be what I will do. However, I am taking my time to decide these things, and that is a big change from before. I was ready to start any kind of treatment however I could get it. Now I feel I don't have to take such drastic actions in order to secure my happiness. My anxiety is not entirely gone, but I am able to manage it more easily thanks to the help of people like you ladies.
    • AdriannaB
      I did talk to her mom on the phone too.She is glad I do treat her right and she did ask me this.I plan to be there when they reunite.
    • Susan R
      Thanks Jani & @SaraAW ...it has been so nice.  I hope to learn more about my bio family in time now that I’ve unlocked Pandora’s box.   I wish you and Nikki the best of luck on your reunion. Hopefully, Nikki will get all the answers about her bio mom & family she’s been searching for all her life.   Susan R🌷
    • TrIIIy
      I highly recommend aikido as a self-defense martial art. I did it for only a couple of years, but I understand enough of it to see that it is a great way to get out of/end trouble. There are no strikes in it. It is only defense. I wish that my old dojo were still open. I’d be there every week.
    • TrIIIy
      I think about this often. I would love to be 6’4” (my dad’s height) and buff with a deep voice! I’m 5’7” with a curvy body and a high voice. I’ve always been told that I could be a model. That seemed like such a waste, since I wanted a man’s body and features. I’d gladly swap bodies with an average dude.   Of course, I would also love to not have crippling misophonia or ocd.   The deep voice and buff body may come in time, though!
    • Lucca
      After more consideration and looking at altered photos, I'm not so sure about black hair anymore. I'm not sure it'll look good with my skin, and if I don't like it, it's not going away without significant damage to my hair or cutting it off.   That being the case, I'm wondering what will compliment my dark brown hair if I leave the bulk of it natural, and I was thinking of maybe getting a white or light blond streak? Kind of like this this girl, but not as much white to start with. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, I like the idea of a bold platinum blonde streak going across my head and into a ponytail. If I don't like it, I can easily dye it brown like the rest, and it still won't be a whole lot of my hair if it gets too damaged.  
    • AdriannaB
      My wife Nikki was adopted,saw a smile on her face today.Talked to her bio mom for the first time this afternoon.It was her dream to reunited with her and I supported Nikki through this.They get to reunite next week.Did find out why.Her mom was 15 when she gave birth to her,couldn't take care of her and Nikki understood this.Good thing is her parents that adopted Nikki gave her a great life.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Yes my princess.  At your command.  Lol Thsts pretty neat though.  I’d be proud of that.  
  • Upcoming Events