• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Migraines

Kris-Boston

• Forum Moderator

@Kris-Boston I've never had but a few migraines my entire life and that was back when I was a teen.  When I first started E with a T-blocker I was mildly concerned about this possibility and other such negative reactions but I've experienced nothing like that yet.  I also added Progesterone to that HRT regimen a few months ago which a few people I know have experienced migraines after adding that but so far I've been very lucky to not have any adverse affects from it at all.

Susan R?

My migraines usually have something to do with pollen, pollution, or mold. So very dusty environments are not my favorite places. This time of year is one of the bad ones because many flowering bushes are in full bloom again for the 3rd time and it’s getting old. It’s bad enough that it’s seriously one of the reasons why I want to move and one of the criteria for a better location. If I’m lucky I just pass out from exhaustion but if I can’t or have to work it can really make life miserable until the coffee or Advil kick in. This time of year or any with fluctuations in outside temperatures also make it worse because the A/C is necessary most of the day but over night it gets way too cold and my inflamed sinuses constricting on top of being irritated is just awful.