• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Carolyn Marie

New Jersey Trans Woman Running for State Assembly

Charlize

That is my district!

New Jersey's 15th Legislative District is one of 40 in the New Jersey Legislature, covering the Hunterdon County municipalities of East Amwell Township, Lambertville City and West Amwell Township; and the Mercer County municipalities of Ewing Township, Hopewell Borough, Hopewell Township, Lawrence Township, Pennington Borough, Trenton City and West Windsor Township.

The fact that she is a republican is difficult for me as i am afraid she may be used as a symbol of "acceptance" by a party that wants to take away the few protections we are recently seeing. 

Time will tell more about her credentials.  I hope at some point to be able to research her platform.

Local politics are often less about party doctrine and more about community needs.  At the market yesterday several old friends mentioned they are planning to move out of state as they retire.  The farm and my family holds me but the expenses here in real estate tax are staggering.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 95 Guests (See full list)

• MiraM
    • J.Ryan
    • A. Dillon
    • MetaLicious
    • Charlize
    • Yurian Ariake
    • Miss Bunny
    • KathyLauren
    • Aidan5
    • soyangela
    • Cyndee
    • MaryEllen
    • Jackie C.
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Carrie Davidson
    Newest Member
    Carrie Davidson

1. Alice
      Alice
      (30 years old)
    • Charlize
      What a nice morning smile.  I remember shortly before starting HRT i had invested in a pair of silicone forms from our sponsor The Brest Form Store.   I had grown quite comfortable and had been full time for some time.  One day, while working with a young man in the summer, i had gotten quite hot and sweaty.   Bending over to pick up  a tool i managed to catch the flesh colored object flying towards the ground.  Awkward!  Silicone forms should be labeled "slippery when wet".   Soon afterwards i found mastectomy bra with pockets. Loosing a wig.......that's another story for another time.  Motor cycle helmets can be awkward. I can't imagine the stories our FTM members might tell.   There are certainly humorous aspects of this journey.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Donnie_1961
      I'm logging out. It's 8:21 am. I've got stuff to do. Mostly laundry. Uniforms I have to wash.
    • Donnie_1961
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🌷   Happy birthday Alice!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Donnie_1961
      Thank you, Charlize. One of the last things my wife said to me before I left was "Don't be to proud to ask for help if you need it." I'm glad I did.
    • Donnie_1961
      Thank You, Timber Wolf. And happy birthday to you!
    • Donnie_1961
      Good Morning, World! I had the night off from work yesterday. I'm not used to sleeping at night but I did. Sitting here in front of my laptop computer with a qup-a-quafee in my hand. I love my Mr. Coffee maker. He is faithful. And always makes me feel satisfied. Even though he can be a little bit of a drip sometimes. What to do today? I know I have to work tonight. I don't have to be there til 10pm but I usually show up 2 hrs earlier. I don't like being late for anything. It eliminates the "Hurry up! You're Late!" anxiety form the equation. Why stress yourself if you don't have to. Besides it allows me the opportunity visit with my patients. I work on a rehabilitation unit. A few months ago I had patient who's grandson was trans MTF. She often spent the night sleeping in the chair in her . grandma's room. They were very close. The grandma was very supportive of her granddaughter. She was a cool 1960's hipster granny. I got the feeling that the granddaughter was living with the grandma because her family wasn't accepting of her desire to transition. She was very cute, shy and slender with long brown hair that she deliberately seemed to drape over half of her face. Her face lit up like a light bulb when I h The granddaughter was worried about losing her grandma. I reassured her that her grandma was going to be OK. Her broken hip will mend and she will be able to take her home in a few days. I love my job. It is part of who I am. My payroll direct deposit doesn't go in til tonight.   I did some rollerblading on Saturday for about two hours. It was a good work out.  I was a little concerned that the extra weight that I'm carrying would cause me to be off balance and fall. But I did quite well. I've been rather lazy all winter. I didn't go to the ice skating rink like I usually do. I'm actually pretty darn good on the ice.(It helps that I was raised in upstate New York on a farm with a pond that iced over in the winter.)  Now I've got to work the flab off of my thighs and butt. Fat distribution is a pain in the ass!  I've got to stop procrastinating on my artwork. Every time I have a weekend off I tell myself that I'm going to work on finishing the first issue of my comic book "The Specials". It's been quite a while since the last time I submitted anything new to DriveThruComics.com I put up the teaser issue of the comic but nothing more. I've had writer's block before. I don't want to go through that again. I've got 2 weeks of vacation time coming up. Maybe that would be a good chance to get to work on it? I noticed that there is a section on this forum for poetry. It's any to a good a place as churn my creative juices.   I'll catch a couple of hours sleep this afternoon so I'll be fresh for work tonight. Ya'll have a wonderful day!   Be safe. Be smart.              
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Donnie, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Trisha, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Charlize
      I'm so glad you stayed with us and have shared your experience.  Life throws things at us that seem impossible but a bit of help and time gets us through.   Going to the hospital was the right move!   Hugs,   Charlize
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Trisha.  Welcome.   I am happy for you that your partner is supportive.  I was a nervous wreck when I told my wife, but she said, "Whatever you decide to do, I will support you."  That kind of support is beautiful to receive.   Regards, Kathy
    • Cyndee
      giggling this morning in the background 
    • ShawnaLeigh
      She was wanting me in once per week to get the other issues ironed out before heading into real conditioning.  I do have a ton of physical exercises and stretches I have to do and a few voice training techniques to do while driving.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Isn't that the truth.
    • Miss Bunny
      I have learned never to rub your tummy while in the maternity clothing section of a department store. Especially if you have a bit of tummy. And are not wearing overly wise clothing.   So there I was, shaped wrong, apparently, wearing a house dress, over my long skirt, looking stupidly maternal (I was not aware of that at the time), and absent mindedly rubbing my tummy. "Is this your first?" a passing woman commented. My brain didn't get it fast enough, and as I have a son,  I responded, "no." 2 minutes later, my brain kicked in (the woman had moved on), 'you idiot, that was NOT the correct answer'.   And I don't always learn the first time. Same outfit (some of us never learn), grocery store, reaching for something almost out of my reach. "here, let me get that for you dear, you shouldn't be doing that in your condition." Blind sided, I accepted the item, didn't know what to say, and the nice man moved on.   Groan
  • Upcoming Events