• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Therapy Appointment Success!!!

ShawnaLeigh

Well I made it all day at work with any panic attacks.  I was super happy and being positive.  Good day.  
I started the hour drive back to my area where my appointment is.  Put some music in and played it loud.  About 10 mins in I was crying again.  I was fine too.  Just singing away and bam!   Tear-fest.  
I calmed eventually and got to my therapist office.  Couldn’t find it at first and starting to stress on being late. 
Hate being Late!   If I’m on time -I’m late.  I prefer being early.  ( I know-not so lady like right)

So I get there.  Alls good.  Jack opens the door. I’m fine. I sit.  I cry.  Lol

I have no idea why I’m a mess.  Jack is awesome. FTM and super nice.  Understanding.  Just all around comfortable person to open up to.  
So I get past the hour.  Feel good.  Cried a lot.  A LOT.  But I feel better.  Heavy weight lifted but 10000000 miles to go.  I will get there.  
Thank you everyone who supported me to take and make this huge step.  

• Admin

You made it.  Doggone water works are almost an initiation rite to getting on the road to our gender identity resolution.  A Two Spirit friend likens it to a Spirit Quest which in their tradition begins with a Lament which is pain seeking healing and is a source of tears which can lead to a renewed life.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations! Talking to a therapist is a big step!

I'm also totally with you. If I'm on time, I'm late. Blame my dad for that. My egg donor has her own time zone. She hasn't been on time for anything since I've known her.

I'm glad you found the experience positive. I didn't really know what to expect on my first visit either, but since Deena and I have become friends as well as therapist and client. It sounds like you're off to a good start.

Hugs!

I tell you ladies I cried so much I was starting to get mad at myself for breaking up every time he asked me anything.  Every time I went from one memory to the next.  I was a raw nerve.

I was like a huge purge of emotion.  I knew some of this was deep in there buried, but not all that.  I was nervous too, kept fidgeting with my ring and even tried to sit on my hands.

What a mess.  LOL

I am exhausted from the crying too.  Like I worked out again today.

I am hoping my eye redness goes away soon because Angela is due home anytime.    

My therapy sessions had been like peeling an onion one layer came off each session, I went through a lot of kleenex.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Nivegnal said:

I'm bring a roll of paper towels next time.  I killed his box quickly..

Invest in a handkerchief or two. Better than Kleenex because it won't abrade your skin so badly. I always keep one in my purse.

Of course I have super sensitive skin so your mileage may vary.

Hugs!

• 6 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Okay Ladies, which one of you was suppose to tell me about the importance of tissues?

To say I cried is woefully inaccurate. I balled my eye, and sines cavities out, fortunately wicked away into half a roll of toilet paper.

I'm better for now, and can't wait until next weeks episode. Same Bat?Channel, Same Bat?Time, with a Bat?Belt of Tissue.

Love and >HUGS<

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

To be fair, it took me almost two years to reach the point where I ball my eyes out when my therapist and I touch on something important. Congratulations on healing more quickly.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Jackie, this was billed as a meet and greet session to take care of formalities. She asked me if I've ever been it therapy before, and I said yes. Then she asked me to briefly explain why I was in therapy, and the well of tears were released. We didn't get to the formal documents until the end of the session. Then I called my wife at work and we both cried while I told her how it went. I told her that I hope to cry with her as a couple on a regular basis. She'll be home for lunch in a few minute.

Love

Mindy???