• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Confused and in denial

Damien Mcknight

I’m confused. About everything. I don’t know who I am or who I want to be. Half of me knows I’m a guy, but the other half doesn’t know. I’m also going through a depressive episode, which makes it worse. I just want it to stop. I want all of me to know I’m a guy.

• Root Admin

Ethan, you can be whatever you want to be at any given point. If you want to be a guy, by all means, be a guy. If you want to revert to a more feminine roll, by all means, do that. Just be you. You don't have to conform to any given gender. Be yourself. As soon as you're able to manage it, counseling with a gender therapist would be very beneficial for you. Something for you to think about.

MaryEllen

The great thing is that no one is forcing you to be either at the moment, (well I hope not, because they will eat my shoe) you still have time to explore ?

• 4 weeks later...

You have no idea how much I feel this. For years, I would literally tell myself that I should have been a boy, that I was just waiting for the testosterone to kick in, everything like that, but totally dismissed the idea that I was trans. It was (and still kinda is) confusing, but eventually I learned to just do what made me the happiest, which I now know is rocking a man's jeans, a man's haircut, and a man's name.