• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ShawnaLeigh

Shawna Leigh a Blond?!?!?

ShawnaLeigh

So I thought I’d try it out.  @Patti Anneseems to really like it. 
Please give me your thoughts and opinions.  Be brutal though please forgive the el-natural no makeup look!!! 

C78D5CD2-CA61-4D50-ACC2-89A3C116EA31.jpeg.693bcaf7d676d7d7e8359d09946d6c8a.jpeg

Kaltia_Atlas

Well its blonde. The pink shirt makes it look really good girl!

Kaltia_Atlas

My wife said I'm not allowed to go blonde. HAHAHA

Patti Anne
43 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

@Patti Anneseems to really like it. 

Patti Anne LOVES it! 

Jackie C.

Just sayin'... when my therapist saw my new look she asked me how many IQ points I lost going blonde. On the other hand, people in general seem to find me more approachable.

Honestly the only two opinions that matter are yours and Patti Anne's. Yours more than hers. Also, couples wig shopping is a hoot. 😋

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh
28 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Just sayin'... when my therapist saw my new look she asked me how many IQ points I lost going blonde. On the other hand, people in general seem to find me more approachable.

Honestly the only two opinions that matter are yours and Patti Anne's. Yours more than hers. Also, couples wig shopping is a hoot. 😋

Hugs!

So ok JackieC hates it.  Lol

VickySGV

Looking very good and this is from a girl who went through about 20 different colors until I hit my red color.Which I have lasted well with!!  https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/gallery/image/13339-my-neighborhood-2/   I say if you think you look fab with it (I think you do) then you own it and your overall feelings make it simply YOU.

Jackie C.
35 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

So ok JackieC hates it.  Lol

Hey now, hate is a little strong. Just a personal preference. I prefer brunette's to blondes and redheads to breathing.

Hugs!

ShawnaLeigh

Lol

ok Jackie.  I’m sorry😉

Mx.Drago

It's very nice and suits you well.👍

Susan R

I think you look good as a blonde. Show us this same look with your everyday makeup on and I think almost everyone would agree that it’s a very nice look. I want to also mention...to me, it looks just slightly more natural too. Maybe that has more to do with the way it shapes your face.🙂

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Just Lee

Personally, I think the style and color strongly emphasize your eyes and forehead, giving a more youthful appearance. Can we see this blonde with makeup for the full picture? 

Tori M

What's all the fuss?  Is that not your natural color?  It's you, girl!  Hottie, gonna have all the guys' heads turnin'.

ShawnaLeigh

Thank you all.  I wasn’t sure as my natural color is a chestnut brown and it looked so foreign to me at first.  Well chestnut brown in my youth. It’s now a crappy grey.  Lol

I do intend to do an everyday makeup and take another picture with natural light and I will post these too.  
Thank again!❤️❤️❤️

Patti Anne
6 hours ago, Tori M said:

It's you, girl!  Hottie, gonna have all the guys' heads turnin'.

Ok, we'll have no more of that! LOL!!

Erikka

I got lucky. As a toddler I had dark brown almost black hair. By the time I got to high school it was a dark medium brown and over the years it continued to get lighter and lighter. By 67 I am blond. Nothing lout of a bottle except fo a blue strip on the left side. Funny thing is I never imagined myself as a blond. I like it.

KayC

You look great Shawna!  and with your beautiful eyes and kind heart you'd look great in anything❣️

Katharina
11 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Be brutal though please forgive the el-natural no makeup look!!!

That style really looks great on you Shawna 🥰. I feel a lot of warmth and kindness. It's good to try new things out from time to time and bring fresh ideas into your life.

Emily michelle

It’s true blondes have more fun!!! I love it.

KymmieL
10 hours ago, Patti Anne said:

Ok, we'll have no more of that! LOL!!

I was waiting for Patti Ann to post this.

@Shawnaleigh  How dare you dig and find my cut hair. but then again mine had a little more curl to it. LOL. plus I haven't been blonde since I was like 3. My natural color is light to medium brown.

However, Looking good sister. You must have gotten the looks in the family. LOL.

Kymmie.

sleepinflame

Shawna,

It's nice to see the new picture next to the profile picture.

The profile picture makes you look more mysterious and a little evil (in a good way).  You look like you've got a secret to share with us.

The blond hair makes your eyes pop big time and you look a little more innocent and open.  With the blond hair, I notice how beautiful your eyes are.  With the dark hair, your eyes are kind of the same color, so my focus goes to your smile.  The more I look at it, the more I love the new picture.  Even though it's a closed mouth smile, it looks relaxed.  It looks a little more like someone who wants to know what we think, someone who's eager for input and expecting it to be positive.

--Grace

SaraAW

@ShawnaLeigh Looks really good. The style of wig is complimentary too.  Not everyone can pull it off. I’m with @Jackie C., I prefer the brunette look, but it’s just my preference. My wife is blonde, so it’s not a very firm preference.  Also as Jackie has said, it’s really only Patti’s and your opinion that matters. 

I’ve bleached my hair before, in my youth, I can’t work the blonde, so I’ll stay salt and pepper. Maybe at some point after coming out, I’ll try dyeing it, to hide the gray, but don’t want to draw any focus while i stay closeted. Hugs!

Patti Anne
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I was waiting for Patti Ann to post this.

I resisted posting it for about a day, then this morning Shawna said something to the effect of 'I'm surprised you didn't post a response!' That was all it took! LOL!

Oh_Kay

Shawna,

I like it! I think blonde is a very good choice for you.

Kay

ShawnaLeigh

Wow I am really surprised and happy with all the honest feedback.  I certainly like to comparisons to from my profile picture to this quickie pic I took.  I will be in full daily makeup tomorrow and will snap a pic for this thread to see if it still stands that I am now a blond.  LOL

Thank you all for the feedback.