• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Rami

New to TransPulse, Jackie sent me

Rami

Hi

I'm Rami, I have been circling the earth for 67 years and have seen a thing or two. I am married, have two adult children, two therapists and I am 3 months into Estradiol. I found you via Jackie Rabbit's Youtube channel so you have her to either thank or blame for my presence with you all.

Shay

Hi Rami,

I'm 68 and have seen Jackie Rabbit - she is a hoot. But it was Dr. Z Phd in gender therapy and Dara Hoffman-Fox's YouTube channels with sound advice and advice I felt comfortable with that brought me to this site and I have been overwhelmed with the support, advice, wisdom, friendship and growing friendships that have comforted me and helped me. I have finally started to come out, an seeking a new therapist so I can enjoy HRT and take it from there. WELCOME - you have found a wonderful oasis. Enjoy.

Shay

Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Rami.  Down the Rabbit hole you went, and now here you are!  Glad to have you.  Please have a look around and ask any an all questions.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Mx.Drago

Hello and Welcome Rami!

🤗🌈

Shay

I told you Rami - your rabbit hole has brought you to a land of safe harbor and sanctuary, an oasis in the midst of raging storms.

SaraAW

Hi Rami and welcome to the forums! Hugs!

Carrie

Hi Rami

It is never too late to start. I am almost 60 myself. May you enjoy the rest of your life fully!

Carrie

Timber Wolf

Hi Rami,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf 🐾

KayC

Hi Rami! Nice to meet you and Welcome!

You've found a great place to land!  Lots of great experience and support here.

Hope to hear more from you, and if you are also maybe able to share how you arrived to where you are now.

❤️

Charlize

Hi Rami.  As another "mature" trans woman i can say this site was very helpful in my journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

Shay

Charlize is absolutely right. I have never felt so supported in my struggles. I am 68 and finally was able to start coming out and plan to seek HRT with my annual physical tomorrow. The ladies here are so supportive, comforting and give honest advice and experience. I love them all and I have only been here for less than a month. What a godsend. I hope your experience here is as helpfuk ad I'm has been.

Shay

Erikka

Velkommen, glad you are here. this is great place for information and connection to like minded folk.

Velsignelser

Erikka

Shay

can you translate..  i wanted to say gwizontite (cant even spell it, the god bless you in german)

Erikka

Shay

Here is the translation:

Velkommen = welcome

Velsignelser = blessings and sometimes I use Velsignelser til alle = blessings to all

I think the spelling you were looking for is gesundheit. When I was in college I had two roommates that were from Germany and German was the preferred language in the apartment and I got somewhat fluent enough to converse with them. They knew very little Norwegian so until I got up to speed in German we conversed in English. Fifty years later I remember enough German to find a hotel, a restaurant, a church, a bank, a train station and to comment on the weather. The one phrase I have retained is "Es tut mir leid". It means it hurts me also which is a much more heartfelt way of saying I am sorry. It certainly beats the Norwegian sorry = Beklager.

Shay

that is neat. my wife and first husband were stationed in germany and she loved it there. she has a friend from New Jersey who still lives there and I love,hearing her talk in german with a joy-z accent. thank you for all the spellings and translation. Merci (lol)

Susan R
On 6/20/2020 at 7:18 AM, Rami said:

I'm Rami, I have been circling the earth for 67 years

Hi Rami, Welcome! Sorry I missed your recent landing here but better late than never. You’re in for a different type of flight now that you’ve started HRT. I’m sure it’ll be very helpful for you on your journey.

If you feel comfortable, maybe you might share a little about your journey up to this point. What are your plans with your transition medically and socially? You have no obligation to share but I know I’d certainly enjoy reading more about you and your life if you so desire. Hope you enjoy the forum and the people here. They’ve all been a godsend for me and my journey...maybe yours too.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

Shay

yes pleease do. i will be asking my doctor to start hrt as soon as i can and you will be ahead of me. i tried sekf hrt once...not a good idea.

Mmindy
On 6/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, Rami said:

I found you via Jackie Rabbit's Youtube channel so you have her to either thank or blame for my presence with you all.

Hello Rami, I'm also a Jackie Rabbit referral,

Welcome to the Forums.

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Erikka

Rami,

I think a lot of us are here because of Jackie Rabbit’s recommendations. I know I would never have found this site if it wasn’t for Jackie.

Erikka

Rami

Three strikes and I am out

While very much a boy, I have always been attracted to all things female. Wore mothers clip on earrings, lipstick, perfume and just about every article of her clothing, you name it I wore it.  I loved being mom’s little helper in the kitchen and around the house. During the early years my parents were of the mind to let me be. That is until I reached puberty when my dad pulled me aside and asked me straight out about me wearing my mom’s clothes.  He asked my if I wanted to be a woman, if I wanted a sex change operation, this was 1965. I am sure now that this encounter was well planned and thought out, the purpose of which was to get me to stop wearing my mom’s clothes. Being somewhat taken back by dad's ambush  I immediately responded, no I do not want to be a woman and he immediately said, then stop wearing your mom’s clothes, which I did. Denial number 1.

15 years later, you will find me dressing in my first wife's clothes. This resulted in being dragged to a marriage counselor, another denial, a quick divorce and a deep suppression of my desire to be a woman. At the time I seriously considered transition, I actually had a deep discussion with a close friend about undergoing transition and he adamantly dissuaded me against the endeavor citing the unbearable hatred and persecution I would experience. This was 1983 and haven seen first hand how transgender people were treated, I did not need much convincing. Out comes the shovel and once again I buried my desires for womanhood.  Denial number 2.

Years go by, I remarry, raise a family, have a successful career, retire, become an emptynester and out of the coffin scratches and claws my desire for all things female. I can attest to what Ann Koch wrote  “It Never Goes Away”. Long and short, a few years back my current wife innocently happened upon some pictures I took on my phone, deleted from the phone but were backed up to the cloud of me dressed in her clothes, denial number 3, there can be no more denial I am out.

Given the choice of divorce or therapy, I chose the later and after a couple of years of therapy and reading just about everything I could on the topic of transgender, I have come to accept myself as transgender. I now have two therapists and a doctor managing my HRT, which is going on 4 months. Having estrogen in my veins and starting to grow breasts is absolutely amazing.

SaraAW

Thanks for sharing more of your story. I am sure there are plenty here will relate to parts. I know it was the 3rd time my wife questioned me before I finally admitted it to her.

Mmindy
On 6/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, Rami said:

I'm Rami, I have been circling the earth for 67 years

Hello Rami, I'm 63 and Jackie Rabbit also sent me here. I know I'm a few days late with the welcome, life gets busy and I've had a lot of ups and downs this past month.

Hugs and thank you for sharing your story,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Susan R
2 hours ago, Rami said:

Three strikes and I am out

I too suffered from the denial defense far too many times.  For me, it was much quicker and easier and didn’t seem to disrupt the current facade I was living at the time.  On occasion, I wonder if my life would be in a better place if I had not used that defense at different points in time. I go back and forth on whether life would’ve been better or not but it’s all in the past. We do the best we can. Reflection on these things is expected but don’t beat yourself up. The good news is that you’re finally looking at it straight on and doing the best you can to move forward.

Susan R🌷

Jani

Hello Rami and welcome. There are many "older" women here with similar stories to yours so you'll feel comfortable here.  Accepting that you are transgender is big.  I'm glad to hear you are dealing with it now.  I look forward to seeing you around. 

Jani

Rami

Jani

Look forward to seeing you

Rami