• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally home

SydneyAngel

Im looking at my chin and it doesnt look like they changed it much should be smaller but i dont see it. I finally can move around more because im feeling little better and need less narcotics so thats a plus 

IMG_0735.JPG

• Forum Moderator

I moved your post to "surgeries" forum

Heal well.....

Hugs

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations @Sydneyblue you look much better then I usually see at this point in your recovery. You were a beautiful woman now you'll be gorgeous. Rest and smile when it doesn't hurt too much.

Heather Shay

Things will be swollen for quite awhile and you may not "see" the difference for months but trust that it's there.  Even when the major swelling goes down there is still some really minor swelling going on that masks the changes.  Just know that you've done the hard part and let time do it's thing.  Glad to hear you are needing less narcotics- those things are way to easy to get addicted to.  (personal experience from a major back surgery).   I'm very happy for you right now!

Hugs

Bri

Thanks everyone. Im glad the worse is over in turns of pain because i was in so much right after. Plus having the cold didnt help 

• Forum Moderator

Yes the swelling will distort the view for some time.  So don't despair!  Follow the doctors instructions and you'll be fine.  Rest comfortably.

Jani

Honestly the hot flashes and night sweats  are the worst any things to help that ? I think Thursday will be 3 weeks not estrogen 

I got the splint off today and they took the shochers out of my hairline. At first i was shocked and was having a little breakdown but now im home and more relaxed. It looks like it smaller then my old nose and the brow is less also 

IMG_0736.JPG

Im honestly not crazy about the nose. I think the brow was a major point also the heartline was great so what i can she. I wanted the nose to have a more narrow bridge rather then how round it looks. Im not sure if swelling is still there. The Aprn said there was but i wasnt sure if she was just saying that because i got a little nerious and started to panic little 

• Forum Moderator

My gut tells me you nose is still swollen but you need to have your surgeon evaluate and I hope when the healing down the road you?will smile at your results.ctime heals be patient.

• Forum Moderator

Give it time dear.  I think you look great for such a short time post surgery.

I will warn against thinking that there is a perfect look.  I have a beautiful friend who could easily be a model.  At one point i started to complain to her about some aspect of my appearance.  She stopped me saying "don't ever go there!.......There is no woman who doesn't want to change something and it can become an addiction."

I know i can fall into that trap or i can accept my looks and enjoy life.  For us as trans folks often cosmetic surgery is helpful but worry can carry us to unnecessary extremes.

Hugs,

Charlize