• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Love Fall Fashions

Sally Stone

Sally Stone

Fall is by far my favorite season.  Here in the northeast it brings cool crisp temperatures, deep blue skies and spectacularly colored vistas.  But the thing I like best about fall are the fashions.  The heavier fabrics tend to lay more gracefully and the autumn hues are pleasing to the eye.  It’s the perfect time to wear boots and sweaters, which are always flattering.  I can wear blazers and jackets, which always lend a more refined look to whatever I choose to pair with them.  The cooler temps also let me wear hosiery more comfortably.  I have always considered stockings makeup for my legs, so as soon as the cooler weather arrives, I add them back into my wardrobe for a more polished look. 

So, as autumn arrives, I’m excited at the prospect of being able to wear my favorite fashions. 

Fall Outfit.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

I could wear that skirt!

Fall (autumn) for me is the time between bare legged summer and fleecy tights winter when I wear normal tights, and have to keep an eye on them for holes lol. It tends to be very variable but here winter is not usually that much colder than some fall days, for the most part, so it can be tricky to select the right clothes. That is fairly usual with UK weather altogether. This year I am buying little as I am not going out much for obvious reasons.

Tracy

ElizabethStar

This is going to be my first autumn/winter. I'm looking forward to finding some new looks.

PSL, Sweaters and boots, what's not to love? I did some retail therapy this week, waiting for my haul of 2 plaid shirts, a long sleeve tee, a sweater and pink plaid flannel pj bottoms to arrive now. It's the start to the fall/winter wardrobe build.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:04 AM, KayC said:

Love that jacket❣️

Me too!

Emily michelle

I like that jacket! I’m really excited for fall outfits. I’m thinking it’s going to be leggings all fall and winter I cannot get enough of them. I would like to find a cute jacket come winter.

1 hour ago, Emily michelle said:

I would like to find a cute jacket come winter.

You and me both! :) 

Heather Nicole

I love skirts. I only have one, but it's one of my most cherished and beloved pieces of clothing ever. The closest thing I have to leggings is one male's Under Armour bottom which I used to love wearing, but I gained too much weight since then and haven't lost enough yet to get back into it :(

Katherine1745

I wished I had that complete outfit right now.

I love it!!!! 

Very stylish.   ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Katherine

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

I agree with you, Sally.  Fall & winter are my favorite seasons for clothes, but here in the southwest it isn't cold for very long, usually.  I have a couple of sweater dresses, along with many, many sweaters.  One of my favorites is a duster, and another is a car coat.  I can't wear boots any longer b/c of my feet, but they've always been my favorites.  I have a few long skirts, too. 

Happy shopping, everyone!

Carolyn Marie

ElizabethStar

I've been starting to like fall and the fashions more and more over the last few years.  I have seen so many cute outfits but the one that sticks in my mind is a pair of Uggs, leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. Something about it. Maybe it's the simplicity or the "every girl" look, I don't know. There's just something I love about it.

I really want to get a skirt or two but I just can't decide. I'm drawn to mini and over the knee length ones when I should probably be looking at midis and maxis.

I do, at least, have a sweater dress I crocheted last year. Now that I have some semblance of a female body I can start wearing it.

Emily michelle

A sweater dress would be cute. I’ve been drawn to cardigans so far. I have gotten 3 already. I’m pretty much hooked on leggings. I just wish I had the boots to go with them.

Sally Stone

Liz,

You don't have to feel obligated to wear a midi or maxi skirt.  Maybe a real short mini isn't so appropriate, but I still wear fashionable above the knee skirts to satisfy my adventurous nature.  Pair a just above the knee hem skirt or dress with a pair of high-heels and you are rocking!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • Cyndee
    • SaraAW
    • Rami
    • MaryEllen
    • VickySGV
    • sparky
    • Danusia
    • Ann W
    • Charlize
    • Heather Nicole
    • QuestioningAmber
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Danusia
    Newest Member
    Danusia

No users celebrating today
    • VickySGV
      Shame is a tough one to crack since it is actually fear of what others would think or how we may injure them.  Other people will say you hurt them, but then be unable to say how you did it if pressed for an answer.  In reality the "hurt" was more in your imagination of the hurt to them.  Females dressing in more masculine attire really are no big deal except in isolated areas where "propriety" passions run high, and clothing is considered uniforms.  Ease your way into your masculine presentation with a new hair cut (no beards or mustaches yet), and easing in more male mannerisms over time simply make the behaviors YOURS to own in comfort.  Don't do it all at once will help. 
    • Jandi
      Yeah, this is pretty much what I did.  It was scary at first, but I lived through it.  Now it's just routine. I think the shame aspect was my internalized transphobia - which is a real thing.
    • Shay
      MISPRINT above - I now see the light   I looked in the mirror and I didn't like the person I saw - but now - thank goodness - I am seeing the light and the light is helping me see the real me.................................
    • Heather Nicole
      For me, it doesn't seem quite as strong as it appears to be for you, and I'd be terrified of the nausea, morning sickness, labor pains, etc. But I definitely do feel much the same way about it as you (and also for nursing, too), and I know there others here who do as well. Doesn't help that a much younger co-worker of mine is pregnant and my sister just had her second arrival this year.
    • Shay
      Good Choice @QuestioningAmber one I found today that speaks to me is an old song I never thought of as trans ....   I looked in the mirror and didn't like who I saw but not I see the light   Patto-Jones-Wright I looked into the mirror and it poisoned my mind twice It left me both time crippled And it tossed my fate like dice I looked into the mirror and the devil smiled both times My flesh was sold with no feelings With no reason or rhyme The smile on my face gave way to my feeling But only time was there to tell Somewhere in space my thoughts are still reeling The miror looked through hell And damned me where I fell You mistreated the boxer You held his spirit down (Yes she did, yes she did, yes she did, yes she did) You colored his reflection 'Cause you didn't like his sound But now my head is clearing And I'm startin' to see the light (see the light, see the light, see the light, see the light) Now I'm lookin' to the mirror And I don't know if it's day or night The smile on my face gave way to my feeling But only time was there to tell Somewhere in space my thoughts are still reeling The miror looked through hell And damned me where I fell See the light, see the light, see the light, see the light...
    • Jandi
      I was always so jealous of my ex when I watched her nursing. Welcome, Danusia
    • Heather Nicole
      I groggily misread "awkward" as "award".   "Awkward" makes a lot more sense!  
    • VickySGV
      She is actually higher here than president, the RED QUEEN is more like it.  (Bows low!!)   Imaginations and passions are running higher this year than any I can remember, and the internet and isolation has given rise to false information False Events Appearing Real (FEAR).  The same events carefully communicated by one person will be wholly acceptable to many more people than just an "inner circle" of policy and direction, but the same entire set of actions communicated poorly and only to "trusted disciples" from a different person will be condemned.  This will be my only post in this topic. It was a good topic though, and with the staff we have will be kept in social bounds.
    • QuestioningAmber
      So I recently decided to watch Frozen 2, and a few songs spoke to me to anybody going through a transformation. One in particular speaks to me today: Show Yourself.  
    • Danusia
      I know what it means to be confused about not being able to get pregnant, this is my problem. Sometimes I dream that I'm carrying one child in my belly and the other, already born, I'm nursing, feeding, etc. And we are "waiting for daddy's return to home after work". Sometimes I dream that I'm in the skin of my friend who already has two children, and the third is on the way. I dream that I am her and I give birth at home, a supportive husband is by my side and the midwife instructs me how to breathe and push the baby. For me, making a joke of it all is a pretty good strategy for dealing with unrealistic desires, but I understand that it might be indigestible to someone else. About the environment - I know the current US president is anti-transgender, it is rather similar in my country, but there is no full consequence here.    
    • Jackie C.
      Personally, I just gritted my teeth, pulled on my big-girl panties and went for it. The fear of exposure and shame went away after a few public outings where nobody so much as raised an eyebrow in my direction. I was pretty indifferent to my male persona's appearance. I simply did not care. Not so with appearing as a woman. I color-coordinate my gym outfits. Nobody cares about my gym outfits, but I still put together a coordinated look to go sweat in. It's like night and day.   The point being that going out as yourself is kind of a rite of passage. There's always some fear in the beginning. I have a friend who likened us to vampires because we only come out at night and shy away from bright lights. With practice though, comes confidence. Take the plunge!   Hugs!
    • MiloR
      Hi everyone ! Ok, so... I think I have a question, which might be quite simple, but the anwser to it may not be so. How to deal with feelings of shame regarding gender ? It's just something that I struggle with a lot, and even if I tell myself that I musn't be ashamed to think I'm probably a guy, knowing it and feeling it really are different stories. And I think my shame is blocking me from acknowledging what I feel most comfortable with in being and in the way I want to present. Because for example I feel sad when I dress as a woman, but so embarrassed when I dress as a man because some part of me tells me it's inappropriate or even dangerous... And so, experimenting and presenting myself as who I want to be gets cloaked by my fears and some kind of stupid conviction that it's somehow "bad" and that I'm not normal... So if you had any advice for me to feel a bit better about myself (also to have a clearer idea of who I am without constantly judging if what I do is good/bad), or tell me how you managed to let go of that specific fear of not being normal or anything, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm aware shame must be a common feeling, but you know, if you had any tricks... I think I could see better who I am rather than who I'm taught to be.
    • Shay
      @Jackie C. Better awkward poking then finding problem.
    • Shay
      Just kidding words of wisdom Cyndee
    • Jackie C.
      You are most welcome. We live to serve.   You have to be careful with some of those jokes. I know plenty of transwomen who get torn up by the fact they can't get pregnant and plenty more that have been conditioned to think that's there's something wrong with them. I live in the US. The environment for us here... could be better. 😜   Again, welcome to Transpulse. I look forward to getting to know you better.   Hugs!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.