• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Started HRT Last Night

MirandaB

Got blood work on Monday, GP who looked at it on Wednesday wondered if I had started HRT already or had tried it in the past, based on low testosterone and high estrogen levels (for AMAB).  ?

58 years old. My endocrinologist said "Let's get this party started!" and now I guess i'm just waiting for the festivities to gradually begin. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MirandaB

• Elizabeth Star

• Ivy

• HollyElizabeth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@RhondaS

Congratulations on starting HRT. If I was your doctor, I would’ve asked you the same question your GP did but for different reasons. You don’t look anything close to 58 and you certainly look like you’ve been on HRT for awhile based on your avatar photo. This is going to be an amazing experience for you!  I am so happy for you.?

My Best,

Susan R?

Congratulations Rhonda. It does seem like the changes are slow but there are a lot of things happening all at once a lot of amazing things.

Oh, the avatar is a FaceApp cheat. I have real pics that are just makeup but they're a little over the top, makeovers in London, from back last year when I still thought crossdressing was the cure for what ailed me. 

48977307441_6197892b18_w.jpg

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

You still look good hon.

Aw, you're sweet.  And you look good too!

I think the fake pics look more like how I feel than the 'real' makeover ones.

We'll see how many months it'll take to post a less app'd up pic. I'm still in Before mode. 

• Admin

Congrats, Rhonda!  You're on the Womanhood Express now, girl, so get ready for some twists and turns along the track.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• 3 weeks later...

Today is week 3 day! 

I guess it's like having a baby...first you count the days, then you go by weeks, then months, eventually years with fractions, then just years, huh?

The party may have started but so far it's not really much of a party. 

Congratz @RhondaS Sweetie. I'm excited for you. You know I'm close behind you. Monday was my week 2. You look so beautiful in that pic with the blond hair. I got to be honest, when I was living as a guy, I would have asked you out. You are a real hottie. Of coarse now I'm more into Ryan Reynolds and Channing Tatum now. I know, guys, who knew. I had the long talk with my therapist and now realize I've always liked guys, I just wasn't admitting it. So now I'm wanted to be taken by a big strong hot AF man. Might as well be the woman I am in my dreams an be with the sex I dream of. I'm out and I'm proud! lol. Anyway, believe me, you would have been the girl I would of hit on when I was the male me. 

I hope that didn't come out creepy.

I have on several occasions noticed a sensation, maybe pain, in the breasts over these past few weeks but today it was more there than every before. 

And just possibly some change in their shape. If I look down I can see slight curves there?

Mine felt like they were itching really bad when they started. Yeah, That wonderful moment when you realize it happening, it's really happening.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, ElizabethStar said:

Mine felt like they were itching really bad when they started. Yeah, That wonderful moment when you realize it happening, it's really happening.

Wow, that sounds wonderful.

Not the itching, of course, but well, you know :)

I admit, I'm envious! I'm at the very beginning of all this and have SOO much self doubt and half-surreal/half-hyperreal moments of "Whoa, wait a minute...am I actually seriously considering this...?", but there's definitely a part of me that is hoping so much for my own time, my own turn.

In any case, congrats, @RhondaS! And to everyone else who's reached this point!

21 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I'm at the very beginning of all this and have SOO much self doubt and half-surreal/half-hyperreal moments of "Whoa, wait a minute...am I actually seriously considering this...?",

Yes, yes you are doing this.

My opinion>In a couple months you'll look back (if you haven't already) and ask yourself why you waited so long. the feelings of self doubt will settle and go away. The surreality may take a little longer but it's not any one event causing it to last so long.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

My opinion>In a couple months you'll look back (if you haven't already) and ask yourself why you waited so long. the feelings of self doubt will settle and go away. The surreality may take a little longer but it's not any one event causing it to last so long.

I had so much self doubt and excessive worrying before I started HRT. When I'm frustrated with how long it is taking to get FFS I find it hard to believe I was willing to wait so long. What was I thinking!?

I wept a lot before. Weep even more now. When I weep about starting HRT it's a mix of how happy I feel already and how happy I hope to be later combined with sadness about waiting so dang long. 

On 10/7/2020 at 6:26 PM, RhondaS said:

And just possibly some change in their shape. If I look down I can see slight curves there?

I kept telling myself it was probably my imagination. (I'm a bit of a pessimist)  Then one day I accidentally brushed against something.  Yikes!

2 hours ago, Jandi said:

Then one day I accidentally brushed against something.  Yikes!

I remember that happening to me. I was trying to squeeze through a half closed door then I caught someones elbow. Lined bras have been my best friend since.

The chest discomfort that had a good maybe 24 hour stretch on Wednesday seems mostly gone. 

It's funny how recent physical pains (chest, laser hair removal) have made me happier!

On 10/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, Heather Nicole said:

I admit, I'm envious! I'm at the very beginning of all this and have SOO much self doubt and half-surreal/half-hyperreal moments of "Whoa, wait a minute...am I actually seriously considering this...?", but there's definitely a part of me that is hoping so much for my own time, my own turn.

Wow, you summed up my feelings so perfectly...say no more.

?

16 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

When I read this it made me feel a little floaty and very good. I guess that tells me something! Thanks :)

7 hours ago, RhondaS said:

It's funny how recent physical pains (chest, laser hair removal) have made me happier!

There was a "Comedians in Cars" where Seinfeld had an interesting take on pain: "Pain is information entering the body." Weird, but he had an interesting, pretty convincing explanation. I guess in your case it's femininity entering the body!

I had something vaguely similar. Back in puberty, I had heard that for girls, sore nipples were a common part of puberty. Never heard that about boys. But mine did end up noticeably sore for a while. I was secretly kind of happy about that :)

Inspired by @HollyNoel's update here's mine after a month of HRT (I would edit the title of the thread if that was possible to be more accurate but whatever)

Still getting intermittent mild discomfort in the breasts and it still makes me happy.

I feel like my resting dysphoria has become resting (mild) euphoria. I can still get a wave of dysphoria but the constant one has seemingly vanished. YAY!

I can still get an erection, but they need to be actually generated, not the random ones that used to happen. So that seems a little stereotypically feminine, if that's possible in this context, I need to be in the mood or wooed. Most of the time everything down there looks like the worst past incidents of cold water shrinkage, if I may reference Seinfeld

Still seeing a bit of curved shape in the breasts, so wearing all my tightest old shirts in case I never can get away with wearing them again without showing off any future developments. 

Don't know how much is hormones and how much is my new hair care regimen but I am so enjoying longer hair. The hair did its own version of 'coming out' at a wedding a few weeks ago (an event that doesn't seem to have included any virus spreaders as far as I've heard, knock on wood). 

At last laser (face) session the folks there were wondering if I needed to come back for a 4th session, they might have gotten all the good targets that weren't gray. It's up to me, I probably will just to get whatever stragglers pop up in a few more weeks. 

Another 8 days till I see the endocrinologist again. The wait for the first visit seemed so unbearably long. This one seems long too. I've never before had doctor's appointments I have wanted to go to so much, or at all, it's kind of crazy.  

@RhondaS OMG! I'm excit3d for your changes, I'm happy to hear they are what you want to happen. For me any change good or bad is welcome, I just want to be rid of the male self as soon as I can. For both of us we've been female all our lives but only been openly female for such a short time. I don't know about you but I wish I had done this when I was around 12 and not so late in life. Now things are harder  to change, both the people I know and my body. Anyway I'm extremely happy for you and I really hope the good changes keep coming for you. Love you Sis. Holly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 156 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Vidanjali
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • Ivy
      You do you. You seem to be in a safe place if we end up with a 2025 situation.  But a lot of us are not.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, my marriage is different.  I'm actually part of a multi-partner marriage.  Like you see in the Book of Genesis.  My husband has four wives...and me.  I was kind of an accident, as our community sets the "reasonable maximum" at four wives, but that's a long story.  Plural marriage is approved in my faith community, with the exception of spiritual leaders, as described in 1 Timothy 3.  We believe that anything that isn't specifically prohibited is permitted.    The purpose of marriage is for people to work together, demonstrate the love of God, and to have children.  My faith believes in exponential reproduction - big families with lots of kids, both as a blessing and with the intention of using the size of our population for political ends.  Being intersex/trans and unable to bear children, I wouldn't have been a good candidate to be somebody's only spouse (the majority of our community tends toward traditional couple marriage).  Since my husband has other partners, I don't have to worry about the childbearing aspect, and I help out with raising our family's kids.  I'm a "bonus parent."    I'm not 100% open about my intersex/trans nature, although my community's leaders are aware of me.  Being transgender isn't condemned, but it is seen as a health problem derived from an imperfect, fallen world and an environment polluted with chemicals.  Since I'm married, I have a safe place to be, and I can live how I need to live.    I firmly believe the advice given in 1 Corinthians 7.  We don't totally own our bodies.  God gets a say, as I believe He created us to be male or female, not something outside the binary.  I don't think that transition without discussion with partners is OK....again, we don't totally own ourselves.  When I started to figure myself out, that was actually the main thing on my mind - will my partners accept me?  How will my position in the family change?  Since my partners don't really have a problem with the mild version of transition that I wanted to do, it has all been good. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Indeed.  While it seems like the majority of LGBTQ+ folks vote for Democrat candidates, not everybody drinks the Kool-Aid.  I'm a registered Independent, since I vote for individuals rather than party.  One of my trans friends is very pro-Trump - wears her MAGA hat and everything.  I find it interesting to see the reactions she gets... folks aren't always as tolerant as they claim to be.  Even on this forum, you get some real flak from Democrat voters....many will insist that the California way is the only way.    In my opinion, "Project 2025" isn't the real problem.  Check out UN "Agenda 2030."   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      While Biden may be more friendly to trans folks, I'm not a single-issue voter.  I just can't choose a Democrat candidate, as I believe their actions will destroy my community and way of life.  Biden just announced that he wants to significantly increase capital gains taxes.  Maybe he intends to "tax the rich" but that is going to affect everything from land sales to grocery prices to the cost of electricity and even folks' retirement savings, as most companies make a large amount of their profits through investing in the market.  It is absolute lunacy to think that increased cost or reduced profits won't be passed on to the rest of us.  Things are going to get way worse at this rate.    Mostly, I vote in elections for state and local issues, as the national government is about as pleasant as a Porta-Potty in July.  So, either I'll do a write-in vote for president, or I'll check the box for Trump.  Anything but Biden.     
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.