• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

And I'm Kestrel!

Kestrel McLoughlin

• Forum Moderator

@Kestrel McLoughlin you are apparently at an age what the ravages of T have not done permanent damage and  you do have the ability to arrive at the gender app. approximation. Glad you can grow LONG HAIR and your smile is precious even if it wasn't enhanced. 

Welcome Kestrel,

Love your name- I occasionally see kestrels here in my area and they are one of my favorite birds. Gorgeous, the act bigger than they are and are amazingly graceful.  Everyone's commented on your tights and sock but I have to say the celt in me loves the cables accents in the skirt.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

My reluctance to come here was only because these huge questions I have to ask myself might trigger what hurts in some of you

Hi Kestrel,

Your presence could equally be critical at some point when someone sees your perspective and finds comfort in that thought. No one wants to say the wrong thing but, if we all hold back because of that possibility then the community is lost. All any of us can do is try our best to add where we can and appreciate what has been offered. 

... also ...

Incredibly cute hat and outfit in your profile pic.

I've kept most of my (nice) boy clothes in the hope to, one day, wear them ironically as if I'm wearing my boyfriend's stuff.

Kind of my end goal / quest ... to wear all my old stuff and still be gendered Female.

Offerings to the HRT faerie have been given.

8 hours ago, Berni said:

Kind of my end goal / quest ... to wear all my old stuff and still be gendered Female.

I love that idea!!!

Thank you Abi, you're right, of course. I'll keep talking about it, I'll just always be gentle with people.

Berni, yes! Even when even more thoroughly in the closet, I noticed that the more formally I dressed, the more femme I looked. A white shirt, bowtie, hair parted and tucked? FLAMING LESBIAN IN DISGUISE AS MAN LOOK EVERYONE  I kinda love that; and yes, I too will be keeping my spiffiest masculine clothing, because the aesthetic of a woman wearing that kind of attire can be killer. A little make-up, cascading hair, hopefully some perky little breasts, I can rock that look......

All my love, everyone. You're good people. And fun!

Also this shirt has literally stopped traffic. Someone stopped in the middle of an intersection to declare its glory. To say nothing of the smoky woman who smouldered at me, “...And I’ll bet you’ve been to all those places, too...”

That would have been creepy, but she since vindicated herself as solid people: she squeezed my arm and whispered a thanks to me after I offered a disrupting comment at the workplace self-congratulatory pink shirt day. 

“Also, let’s remember that there are... invisible kinds of diversity, and not only must we speculate how to bring in further diversity, but also recognize the extent to which that diversity already exists among us; and a good omen of how healthy a workplace is is the extent to which your colleagues want to share that with you.”

That got them thinkin...

13ABBE51-7ADB-4710-9464-EAFF6A1BEA73.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

because the aesthetic of a woman wearing that kind of attire can be killer. A little make-up, cascading hair, hopefully some perky little breasts, I can rock that look......

Oh my god yes! I have a beautiful collection of waist coats that I intend having tailored once my breasts finish growing in. I love a woman in tweed.

• Forum Moderator
On 9/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

But my excitement to come here is because I want to experiment with this lumonisty I feel. I want to call myself Kestrel to people and be friends, be community.

Hello @Kestrel McLoughlin, I enjoyed reading your intro very much. I somehow missed it first time around. I’m glad you found us and decided to sign on. Thanks for sharing a little of yourself. I hope to read more about you and your journey thus far.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi Kestrel, pleased to meet you. ? I think your personality just bubbles through in your outfit (I love the green dress!) and your posts. I'm afraid if I tried to put together a boho look it would just look like I fell in a laundry basket. I seem to alternate between geek chic and smart casual depending on my mood, flared asymmetrical skirts are just gorgeous, but I don't really have a style yet. Who knows. Hope to hear more from you.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

Kestrel is a light in my body that gets warmer and closer to the surface all the time.

Hi Kestrel,

Exactly.  That statement resonates with me and is not something I expected to find on this journey, but I do find, more and more.

--Grace

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• TopTS4ME
    • Susie
    • DeniseKell
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • VickySGV
    • Cisco1127
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

carmendolarslan
    Newest Member
    carmendolarslan

1. Beth Susan
      Beth Susan
      (53 years old)
    2. Bree138
      Bree138
      (44 years old)
    3. Catamondium
      Catamondium
    4. cody
      cody
      (17 years old)
    5. kass
      kass
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Finally found out boss did fire a co worker I hated.A mechanic and I was one of 3 mechanics fixing his screw ups.Plus he would go into other other mechanic's toolboxes taking off with tools without asking.One was mine,one was a diesel compression tester kit of mine and broke the gauge part which I will have my Snap On dealer order me a new gauge tommorrow when he comes in
    • VickySGV
      Find and get in touch with the closest LGBTQ center near you and (1) they will know of programs that employ Trans people willingly and (2) will have ways to get you competent legal help to break you free of your family and their controlling and damaging behavior toward you.  I do not know Canadian Law on this, but here where I am you could get a court order to stop them from interfering in your life.  Gender Dysphoria is not a mental health issue that should keep you from managing your personal affairs.  The people at those centers know what we go through and are ready to help you.
    • Ashley0616
      You look great in all of them!
    • Mirrabooka
      I'll try!     I still have no desire at all to start wearing skirts and dresses, and I don't have the curves to justify wearing women's jeans or slacks. I think the furthest I will go is maybe some pretty and androgynous tops one day. That's what appealed to me with the hoodie - it just looked so much nicer than any of those on offer from the men's department.
    • shelli
      Hello.   My name is not Shelli but for my safety i have to use this name here.   Im looking for advice.   In canada conversion therapy is illegal. My family has employed a psiciatrist to comversion therapy me covertly. I am 45 and the administrator of a wealthy families estate.   I have been fleeing this for about 7 years. It began by me having mtf grs. I was supposed to have ffs and top and vocal aswell. They allowed the bottom surgery. Then began getting social workers, the psyc and an accountant to slander me from town to town as i tried to get work and stablity in my life. I eventually went back to male atire to try and hide and restart transition. Each time they wojld find out where i was and it would start again.   I spoke out about it and now they claim i destroyed there lives by seeking help and that im an adult child since i cant get a job while they do this so that i cant as i would take control of the families fortune. They have had this psyciatrist diagnose me falsly with scizophrenia, upsetting me then bipolat, borderline, psicotic, and so much more. They have even tried getting me framed for crimes i never commited.   Im terrified, living in the woods, off hormones and even when i turn to the lgbt community in my area they have convinced many of them that im a trans man etc etc etc.   It never ends.   I would like to hear any advice.
    • Hannah Renee
      This is a good point. For instance, way back when I was still in grade school, my older brother and I learned how to play golf with our dad. It's always been a favorite pastime. When I went to my high school reunion a year and a half ago, I met the 40-something year old daughter of a former classmate. Her job and my family structure (adoption) got us talking, and she loves to play golf. Instant new friend. If I hadn't been transitioning, I would not have chosen that group of ladies to sit with.    I've also enjoyed shooting for the past 50 years. I went to renew my concealed carry license last September, and there was one other woman, a couple years older, in attendance, and we connected. I've been to her home and met her husband, a retired pilot. I'm a retired air traffic controller, she works at a local airport museum. She's part of a small ladies shooting group, all aviation enthusiasts, and she and I have been to the range together. I've met some of the others, and we'll all go to the range as a group from time to time.   Sorry. Long-winded way of saying that transitioning doesn't have to mean throwing away every aspect of the old you in order to grow as the real you. 
    • Ashley0616
      Get ready for another damn RANT! I have helped my ex that I had kids with over and over again! I told her at the beginning of the month I had a meeting in Jackson, MS for trans people. She said ok. Today she asked if I would help her move to her new apartment because her current one is getting unlivable the same freaking day as the meeting! She of course played it off like oh I don't remember you telling me that. I'm so pissed off right now that I can't see straight. I'm trying to keep my cool because I do have the kids and I don't want to bad mouth her to them! She makes it so hard to even just respect her. Every time her text message or phone call on my phone it feels like my blood boils! I seriously don't know how much crap I can take before I snap on her. She uses them as an excuse all the damn time! I have to end it before I use more colorful language! 
    • Vidanjali
      My husband and I watched this show last night. It's a platform for genderqueer comics and a response to Netflix's shoddy record of non-allyship, we'll say.   “The last time Netflix brought this many trans people together, it was for a protest. So, progress!” Gadsby jabs in the trailer: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/hannah-gadsby-netflix-special-gender-agenda-queer-comedy-1235907944/   Some of the comics were better than others. But overall I found it amusing, affirming, and joyful. Watch it and share what u think. 
    • Ashley0616
      Happy birthday @Jamey-Heather
    • Jamey-Heather
      Thank you so much 🥰🥰🥰!!
    • Mmindy
      Happy Birthday Jamey,    I do love the scarf, and think you look amazing in this picture.    Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🐛🦋
    • April Marie
      Very pretty!!
    • Jamey-Heather
      Love this scarf my wife got me for my birthday 🥰
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! I do feel better it took a while to feel better. 
    • Mmindy
      Hugs and positive vibes for you @Ashley0616   I wish I could be there and really hug away your anxieties. Have you tried a dark room, meditation, and maybe hyperventilating into a paper bag, to ease your breathing pace?   I'm also glad that you have a therapist who is available on short notice.   Digital Hugs are still from the heart. >HUGS<   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.