• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Who???

Guest Tammy Maher

Guest Tammy Maher

Does anyone watch Chrístõdavõreendiamondhærtmallõupdracœfiredelúnmiancuimhne de Lœngbærrow? This show is definitely more commonly known by its (and his) nickname Doctor Who.

Basic question.. Who was your first doctor?

Mine was the Ninth incarnation.

Lizzy I'm expecting you will feel the urge to post here, I'm curious from you (if you have followed the incarnations) how the show has changed and which doctors are the best and which ones aren't so great?

(^ _^)/

Janelle

BTW: Those of you who haven't seen this hope on the TARDIS for the 11th incarnation.

The first I ever saw here was Tom Baker (Dr. #4) and he remains one of my favorites, I was disappointed in his brother's interpritation Colin Baker - Dr. #6, but when watching reruns of earlier series I really enjoyed Jon Pertwee, Dr. # 3 and of course the fifth Dr., Peter Davidson.

When seeing episodes with the first and second Drs. I wondered how the series made it until Tom showed up.

The 7th Dr. was a little annoying but not too bad, took bumbling back to the level of #6.

Dr. #8 was just in a TV movie so I don't rally count him like the offical site doesn't even admit that Peter Cushing played the good Doctor in a couple of Hammer Films Movies.

In the newer series I only saw a couple of Dr. #9 and I wasn't very impressed (probably just not a great episode) but I liked #10, to me David Tennant kind of brought back the feeling of Tom Baker's Dr.Who.

I actually came home from a late night closing the record store and turned on the TV and the local PBS station was running the second episode of "Robot" which as it turns out was the first of the Tom Baker series.

I got hooked by the end of the second series, "The Ark in Space".

Maybe I should offer Jelly Babies along with the cookies?

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Tammy Maher
The first I ever saw here was Tom Baker (Dr. #4) and he remains one of my favorites, I was disappointed in his brother's interpritation Colin Baker - Dr. #6, but when watching reruns of earlier series I really enjoyed Jon Pertwee, Dr. # 3 and of course the fifth Dr., Peter Davidson.

When seeing episodes with the first and second Drs. I wondered how the series made it until Tom showed up.

The 7th Dr. was a little annoying but not too bad, took bumbling back to the level of #6.

Dr. #8 was just in a TV movie so I don't rally count him like the offical site doesn't even admit that Peter Cushing played the good Doctor in a couple of Hammer Films Movies.

In the newer series I only saw a vcouple of Dr. #9 and I wasn't very impressed but I liked #10, to me David Tennant kind of brought back the feeling of Tom Baker's Dr.Who.

I actually came home from a late night closing the record store and turned on the TV and the local PBS station was running the second episode of "Robot" which as it turns out was the first of the Tom Baker series.

I got hooked by the end of the second series, "The Ark in Space".

Maybe I should offer Jelly Babies along with the cookies?

Love ya,

Sally

Thanks Sally. If you say Tennant had the feeling of Tom Baker, I am very interested to see his interpretation. Also I would recommend you go back and try the 9th again. He did have a few not so good episodes, but for the most part he was a very lively character with a more futuristic spin than a old time professor look.

(^ _^)/

Janelle

I'll give No. 9 another shot, but I think I did get one of the worst episodes (they all had them) and I liked the ones who balnced the absent mindedness with a bit of action - surprisingly the completely white headed Jon Pertwee played one of the more physical incarnations of the Doctor.

These Jelly Babies are really good!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Valentine

My first was Tom Baker #4, staying up very late on Sunday nights before school. Then some Pertwee (#3), Davidson (#5).

I think that both Eccleston (#9) and Tennant (#10) have done good jobs as the Doctor.

Here's hoping that Matt Smith (#11) can keep up the good work.

Guest Tammy Maher

Yeah I hope you're right about Smith. He looks very Punk/Emo/New Age (Not saying it is a bad style), but I don't think that it'll work very well in the show's style.

Guest Neil!

...aaaaaaa I feel young, I've only seen the new series so far XD

I've been wanting to watch the original series since forever, but there's like a billion episodes and it's so intimidating :c

I keep meaning to get into Torchwood too but other stuff keeps getting in the way.

Anyways 9 was my first, 10's my favorite, and I'm psyched for 11.

(He looks like a really badass college professor, or maybe it's just me)

• 10 months later...
Guest NatashaJade

With all the Trek talk, I thought I'd revive the DW discussion. While Tom Baker is The Doctor of my childhood, David Tennant is MY Doctor. Even in some of the cheesier episodes, he was always fantastic and completely watchable. I do enjoy Matt Smith btw. The 5th series ended brilliantly and I can't wait for the next.

luv

Gin

Guest sarah f

I have no clue what any of you are talking about. I never watched doctor who. When did this come on or better yet what year?

Guest NatashaJade

I have no clue what any of you are talking about. I never watched doctor who. When did this come on or better yet what year?

Well, Russel; T. Davies (who also created the show Queer As Folk) rescued Doctor Who back in 2005 with the 9th Doctor, Christopher Eccelston. He was on for a year until David Tennant took over and was the 10th Doctor for four seasons. He and RTD left last year and now Stephen Moffat runs the show and Matt Smith is the 11th Doctor. The show actually started back in 1963 and ran until 1989 with one weird TV movie in 96 (with Eric Roberts...). It has run in the U.S. on both BBC America and SyFy...but now only on BBC I believe. It's pretty cool stuff and once you get hooked, you get REALLY hooked.

luv

Gin

Guest sarah f

I didn't know it was even still showing on TV. That is good to know. I might watch one if I come across it to see what it is all about.

Guest Sam_P

I've been wanting to watch the original series since forever, but there's like a billion episodes and it's so intimidating :c

I know what you mean, I've been meaning to get into watching them for ages! Maybe someone around here can suggest some of the best episodes prior to the new series?

Eccleston was my first doctor, though I suppose in truth it was 'the guy who did that film', whatever his name was. I put off trying Doctor Who for ages because I didn't find the film at all interesting. *rolls his eyes* :P

Tennant will always be my favourite I think, though Smith has done better than I expected and I'm still really enjoying the episodes. Mega-log hiatus until the next series however. :(