• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Poll - Your All Time Favorite Miniseries

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

OK, its been what....an hour since the last poll? Lol

Time for a new one!

What's a miniseries, you young'uns ask?

It's a nearly extinct form of TV entertainment that by one definiton is longer than two episodes

but shorter than 13. It can also include (and will out of fairness to our UK friends) serials,

which tend to run over several seasons for short blocks.

So, what are your favorites?

I'll start the ball rolling....

1. Roots

2. Lonesome Dove (I think it qualifies)

3. Shogun

4. The Thornbirds

Carolyn Marie

Guest Evan_J

Nope, the all-time best was Lace (if that isn't a cheesy answer you won't find one) because Phoebe Cates starred in it and I loved/ lust for/ obsessed on her. Wait. Did I say that like it was past tense? lol

"V" Just for the concise name!

A couple of memorable scenes - when one of the 'Visitors' unhinges her jaw to swallow a guinea pig and then when one of them backhands a reporter and his fake white barreled Canon lens shatters like a break away bottle (because it was)

I recorded this on one of those antique VHS recorders that you could program to record at the same time every day - so I watched part of it and stopped the tape only to come home and find it was starting to record again right in the middle of the final episode! :o

Just for fun I had put it on Sony's latest high grade tape called "V"

Also "The Sacketts", Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot play brothers, what's not to like.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jean Davis
"V" Just for the concise name!

A couple of memorable scenes - when one of the 'Visitors' unhinges her jaw to swallow a guinea pig and then when one of them backhands a reporter and his fake white barreled Canon lens shatters like a break away bottle (because it was)

I recorded this on one of those antique VHS recorders that you could program to record at the same time every day - so I watched part of it and stopped the tape only to come home and find it was starting to record again right in the middle of the final episode! :o

Just for fun I had put it on Sony's latest high grade tape called "V"

Also "The Sacketts", Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot play brothers, what's not to like.

Love ya,

Sally

I'll have to agree, V was awsome. B)

By the way , what's a VCR? :lol:

Just Kidding. :P

LUV Jean

Guest bronx

Just recently wached "V" ordered it from netflix. I love that one. Watched the whole thing in one day.

Roots

Lace, thanks Evan for pointing out Pheobe

The Cilvil War

Jazz

Good ones Bronx, but aren't Jazz and the Civil War too long to be mini series?

Baseball I think was so long that it ran longer than the season!

Ken Burns liked long series.

Love ya,

Sally

I really like Ken's work he is one that won't make a series on a subject that he isn't passionate about and the work shows it.

I have a program for creating DVDs that has his effects for viewing still images on TV - like all of the panning and zooming he used in those series.

Love ya,

Sally