• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

After Taking Estrogen For 6 Months, Then Stopping Because I Want To Refill Sperm, And Then Starting Again?

Guest chibi_usa

4 members have voted

1. 1. Waste of Time and Money?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will I revert back into looking more like a man?

• Yes
    • Yes, but VERY slowly
    • No

Guest chibi_usa

Lol I know it's a big risk. But do you think doing this is a waste of time/money? All I want to do is prevent myself from looking more manlier,nd maybe look girlier if possible, nd still having sperm Sooo ummm... Is it going to make me look less manly or will I revert back to manly again?

Some of the changes will probably reverse very slowly but any breast development will stay there but not very firm from what I have heard.

It is a gamble as to the viability of sperm after that long but in time it should be OK.

I think that the softer shin and less body hair would be the quickest reversals.

Love ya,

Sally

if you've been on estrogen for 6 months, there is a chance you are permanently infertal. also, some things that change from hormones may never go back to the way they were before. some will reverse however. but dont be surprised if you start to look more masculine, or if there is very little sperm left. did a doctor not go over this stuff with you? cause its very important, i mean, it basically kills your ability to even make sperm after a while. your doctor is the one you should discuss this with.

Guest Evan_J

I gotta add onto what Skyy is basically letting you know; ymmv. There is no guarantee you will be able to "get em back" after 4 months let alone 6. All of that is varied. You basically are asking if its possible to "yo-yo" your body and have it do and not do things in accordance with your will. Not possible. A better course of action if you seriously want to go on HRT is freeze em. Its actually not that expensive. If I remember right the monthly storage is like 50 bucks.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I've heard it is really stressful for your body to keep starting and stopping hormones. This is true for transmen on T, so I imagine it holds up for the ladies on E.

Freezing seems like the better option.

I thought about freezing my genetic material, but transman 'sperm' doesn't keep for long. It wasn't until recently that it was even an option.