• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Srs Surgeon for those of you who like to travel

Guest Evan_J

Guest Evan_J

Ok, so I'm selfishly posting it in the FtM forum but justifying it because he does a meta :D (Not like the girls won't stop in anyway, so its all good lol)

Heres a new one I heard about on another site a couple nights ago. He's an Iranian urologist and does actually BOTH SRSs. The fellas AND the girls. But I gotta keep justifying puttin it in the FtM forum right? The thing that made me go "hmm" on this guy is not the "prettyness" of his meta, its that he's managed to get more size out of it than anybody I've seen. Whether you wanna go to Iran or not I dunno, but it certainly opens the topic of exactly how you can do a meta again, doesn't it?

Here's his site: http://www.shahryarcohanzad.com/?15#Metoid...%20transsexuals

More than just a little bit amazing!

I don't know about going there for surgery though.

It doesn't seem to be the top of the list for trans friendly countries.

Love ya,

Sally

Kia Ora Evan,

Well what can I say but 'WOW'[i'm talking about the photos] however in saying that, Gender Affirming Surgery was approved by Iran's top notch religious leader back in the late 1970s...They may not approve of 'homosexuality' in Iran[on the surgeon's website he lists homosexuality' as a 'disorder'-if he did otherwise who knows what would happen to him] but for the 'genuine transsexual' the Iranian government helps towards the cost of surgery-The surgeon no doubt is highly skilled[possibly trained overseas]...I would love to visit Iran 'Persia' it would be a real eye opener-so if you're planning on going and are in need of a support person, send me a ticket and I'll tag along... B)

Metta Jendar :)

Guest Donna Jean

Evan...............

The photos and results are AMAZING!

Nicely done....

I was in Tehran In the early 70's when the Shah was our friend...

I wonder if the good doctor would meet you at a hospital in a neutral country?

Sure it would cost you, but by the looks of the pics...it'd be worth it!

He does NICE work!

WOW!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

I think I would go - Iran is a country will a long tradition of educational excellance. I had Iranian friends in college.

THANK YOU Evan for this link - very interesting - especially the FTM - which I hardly ever see.

Lizzy

Guest Evan_J
It doesn't seem to be the top of the list for trans friendly countries.

Actually Jendar pinged it on the head. Being a homosexual is a high crime in Iran. Being a transsexual however is acceptable . An immense difference in those two things. Thats why the Iranian government actually pays for as much as half of the SRS for its citizens themselves.

......The surgeon no doubt is highly skilled[possibly trained overseas]...I would love to visit Iran 'Persia' it would be a real eye opener-so if you're planning on going and are in need of a support person, send me a ticket and I'll tag along... B)

and I wouldn't mind seeing 'Persia' myself ;) I tutored and became friends with an Iranian guy when I was in trade school. Brilliant he was. Spoke 7 languages fluently. Of course he also had access to impeccable Cuban cigars buts thats irrelevant lol. Believe me, I'll remember your offer ;) If I decide to go (could be in a few years) you're gettin a ticket.

Guest Evan_J
Those are deffinitely favorable results!

Results like those makes a person rethink the meta option...

Glad to help :)

And......(close your ears ladies....man talk ahead)...... Honestly? it kind of matters to me (I think, judging by the difference) what concept space the doc is operation out of . Melzer, a good doctor, is still genetic and in a western mentality with regard to FtMs (bein honest) does he approach the understanding of what it is that a transman wants as far as sexual performance in the same as say McGinn? who's trans and "amazingly" can do the same surgery but comes up with more length. Then there's this guy, who maybe because of the mentality where he is, not only is striving for the size but (and he spoke on it on his own webpage) is conscious of a man's need to perform (member was "suitable for intromission") in a sexual capacity with a woman (or man in the U. S. :P) It makes you wonder if the U. S. doctors get the results they get because they don't even try to give a transguy the things that a MAN will want.

Guest Joe Cool
Glad to help :)

And......(close your ears ladies....man talk ahead)...... Honestly? it kind of matters to me (I think, judging by the difference) what concept space the doc is operation out of . Melzer, a good doctor, is still genetic and in a western mentality with regard to FtMs (bein honest) does he approach the understanding of what it is that a transman wants as far as sexual performance in the same as say McGinn? who's trans and "amazingly" can do the same surgery but comes up with more length. Then there's this guy, who maybe because of the mentality where he is, not only is striving for the size but (and he spoke on it on his own webpage) is conscious of a man's need to perform (member was "suitable for intromission") in a sexual capacity with a woman (or man in the U. S. :P) It makes you wonder if the U. S. doctors get the results they get because they don't even try to give a transguy the things that a MAN will want.

I agree with you Evan. I think this shows that there are more favorable results out there and if people would put any type of funding and research into this there could/would be even better results. Guys want to have a functioning unit with sensation and average size. I don't thnk that is asking too much ;):P

I guess we could throw in that the procedure wouldn't cost an arm and a leg :P hahaha I slay me

Joe

Guest Sydney_W

Whoa, dude, this guy's web page just made my day!

Joe's right... somebody's seriously rethinking the meta over here...

And it always seemed that bottom surgery for guys just wasn't gonna be good enough... but I knew there hadta be a better way. Looks like good things really do come to those who wait. :)

Guest StrandedOutThere

It looks like he gets some good results! Wow.

I'm not bowled over by the idea of traveling to Iran. Actually, I don't like to travel much of anywhere. I'm a bit of a home body.

Guest Chris_421

I don't think I'd be up for it. Sure I'd love to have the quality done, but it unnerves me the hostility towards gay and lesbians over there...That and the surgery to them is to correct homosexuality, and I'm a gay trans guy. That and I wouldn't want to contribute to a doctor who believes being gay is something that can just be fixed. But then again this may not be the doctor's personal opinion, I'm just going by that it's Iran.

Guest Evan_J
I don't think I'd be up for it. Sure I'd love to have the quality done, but it unnerves me the hostility towards gay and lesbians over there...That and the surgery to them is to correct homosexuality, and I'm a gay trans guy. That and I wouldn't want to contribute to a doctor who believes being gay is something that can just be fixed. But then again this may not be the doctor's personal opinion, I'm just going by that it's Iran.

Actually, I can understand that. I live near a heavy Muslim population. Not happy with their view about gays. In fact there are several places in my area I boycott for expressing those views publicly. And so I respect that. To be exact though (not that it changes the crux of what you feel) "officially" its not that it fixes homosexuality. They (of all the governments....) actually got it right in that transsexuality and homosexuality were intrinsically different. Transsexuality to them IS the physical condition of someone intrinsically a gender not the same as their body. Period. But yes , they do have a problem with homosexuality. Do a lot of homosexuals , who are not transgender and not having GID utilize having a sex change even if they might not honestly want one to escape persecution though? Yes. Many. And yes, it is sad that they need to to stay alive.

One turns a blind eye to the killing of transsexuals (the U. S. ) , the other justifies the killing of homosexuals .

Both need to see their problem.

In the United States their are plenty of people who would say "if the transsexuals get killed, its their fault for being 'that way' (gee, it was just yesterday they said that about gays......) and the government cannot even openly offer us healthcare out of fear. But do we all refuse to go to the doctor here if we know one that will do our HRT?

I look at it the same way. In wars you pick and choose the battles, as you can, as they are safe , depending on the surrounding circumstance. Sometimes the stances HAVE to be across the board. Sometimes they are plucked out between the b.s.

I guess having seen "people " and how they act/ sort things I tend to think that a doctor in that position has every idea that some of his patients are "just gay" and at some level the likelihood of him choosing to do that surgery is as much to keep someone alive sometimes as it is to "follow whats the official view" there.

I have to agree with Evan.

This is a very gifted doctor but he is living in a country with very odd views in my opinion.

He is not at liberty to question his government's stance on any subject so we have no way of knowing his views only the offical Iranian view.

We take our liberties for granted and scream like crazy if any one suggests infringing on one even if it is to save our own life - in Iran they work on the one strike and your out and we might do away with you for a chack swing or a foul tip.

I would be uncomfortable going there, Thailand is very different.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Evan_J
Evan, I bet Jendar is fun to hang with. You might take her up on that offer. ;)

What, you think I don't realize that? ;) And yes, Jendar I remember that you are asexual....or nonsexual...or whichever way you described it to me before. Its not about that. I just think you're cool :)

Guest Crossroads

That's very nice, Evan. I wonder how cost is compared to a "local" doctor. What's funny is, I think I'd trust a doctor from many other countries more than a U.S. doctor, because the more I go to the doctor, the more messed up and stupid doctors seem to be. It terrifies me.

This is the argument I go through almost every day as I plan surgery.

It would give me an excuse to travel, but the question really is...can I stand to be on a plane for that long? I dunno.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I am afraid of all doctors and all surgeries regardless of location or nationality of the doctor. I am an equal opportunity phobic.

Guest Crossroads
I am afraid of all doctors and all surgeries regardless of location or nationality of the doctor. I am an equal opportunity phobic.

Thank you. I'm so glad this isn't just me....