• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Wanted To Say Hi

Guest Stacie46

Guest Stacie46

I just wanted to say Hello. I am new to this site and also early in transitioning. I am a MtF. My Thearpist recommended me trying this site.

Stacie

• Admin

Hi, Stacie, and welcome to Laura's.

I've got a plate of Sally's world famous cookies here for you and some cold apple cider, so

kick back and relax. You're among friends.

This is a great site to learn anything you need to know, make friends and express yourself.

We keep it safe for you. Please do check out the forums and the chat rooms and make

yourself at home.

When you're ready, tell us more about yourself. We're kind of nosy that way. :P

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Stacie

WELCOME

Your therapist is smart! This is the bestist around! If you don't believe that, just ask us and we will tell you again!

I am 8 months HRT - and MTF also. I have been here less than a year - but learned SO MUCH.

We moderate this forum to keep it safe - and you will find friendly, smart people here. We are never judgemental and we have lotsa people with lotsa questions and lotsa opinions!

So come on in! I know its hard to start - we don't care - just START. It gets to be really familiar after a bit.

One more time

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

GRIN

Lizzy

Guest Jean Davis

Hi Stacie

It's nice to meet you . Welcome to the playground :P

I'm sure you'll make alot of new friends here as everyone is so nice. :D

So look around, ask questions and comment on any topic you would like ;)

Hope you have fun :lol:

Jean Davis

we are happy to see you here Stacie,,

I am sure you will interesting your time here,

as will as you will feel you are at home with family,,

best wishes to you

waiting for more from you

take your time

Hugs

Hi Stacie,

I think that you have the idea that thie is a freindly site and we support each other all of the time.

Your therapist has sent you to the freindliest place on Earth.

Welcome to the family.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Stacie46

Hi - Carolyn Marie

Thank you for your welcome and helping me to feel at home. I have come out to most of my family and to a few friends. Mixed emotions. I am in the process of finding a job. I just graduated from bartending school. I have even beed up front at interviews and told them that I was trans and looking to transition soon. Again, mixed reply's. I guess I have made some big steps or "baby steps" LOL. Thanks again for being so kind.

Stacie

Hi, Stacie, and welcome to Laura's.

I've got a plate of Sally's world famous cookies here for you and some cold apple cider, so

kick back and relax. You're among friends.

This is a great site to learn anything you need to know, make friends and express yourself.

We keep it safe for you. Please do check out the forums and the chat rooms and make

yourself at home.

When you're ready, tell us more about yourself. We're kind of nosy that way. :P

Carolyn Marie

Guest Stacie46

Thank you for your kind welcome. Sorry I have not written back sooner. Been busy trying to find a job in this recession. I have been finding it harder because I have been up front and honest with them in reguards to being trans and wanting to transition. I have had mixed replies and mixed emotions. Same with telling family and friends.

Thanks Again Stacie

we are happy to see you here Stacie,,

I am sure you will interesting your time here,

as will as you will feel you are at home with family,,

best wishes to you

waiting for more from you

take your time

Hugs

Guest Donna Jean

Hi, Stacie!

It's me,, Donna Jean!

Welcome to the Playground! My sisters have given you a really nice welcome and I wanted to put mine in here, too!

I think that you're going to enjoy it here...lots of loving compassionate people and lots to read and do!

Make yourself comfortable ......OK?

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest darlene lynn

Welcome Stacie

Ill be praying a job opens up for you.

Carolyn Marie was right tell us more, We're not nosey or any thing like that we're just curious Who's that new girl.

Watch out for LIZZY she drives way to fast!!! so if she offers you a ride, :o Well just be careful.. ;)

Welcome

Darlene Lynnette

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Stacie!!!

Welcome to Laura's Playground!!!!

Your therapist was right! You will find that being here is going to help you in ways you never thought possible.

Please, come in and be comfortable with the knowledge that you are now among friends!!!

HUGS

Brenda

Guest Stacie46

For those who wanted to more about me. I am a 46 year old M2F. I am in the begining phase of transition. Due to the recession, I have been out of work for a while. This really bumed me out because I had to put things on hold. As soon as I keep back on my feet, I want to get the eletrcosis going along with HRT. I want to look into legaly changing my name next year. I guess you can say, the door is open and I have one foot on each side. I have started writting a book about my family life and transitioning. It helps to put things in perspective. I get eager to get going, but have to remember to take it slow and easy. "Good things will come to thoose who are patient".

Stacie

• Admin

You've got a great attitude, Stacie. Patience, determination and knowing what you want and

how to get it.

An unbeatable combination. At the risk of using a grossly overused phrase,

YOU GO GIRL!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Stacie46

I have 2 questions for anyone who might read this. I might get a job as a bartender at a transgender freindy gay bar. I was honest at the interview and told the manager that I was trans and going to transition. He was really cool about it. My questions are, if by chance I do get the job, should I start in boy mode than start slowly dressing or should I start from the get go? I have gone back a few times to hang out there and have told people about me and some were cool and there was one who confronted me. I just laughed him off and walked away. Am I being to open, or should I just keep quite?

Stacie

Guest Jean Davis
I have 2 questions for anyone who might read this. I might get a job as a bartender at a transgender freindy gay bar. I was honest at the interview and told the manager that I was trans and going to transition. He was really cool about it. My questions are, if by chance I do get the job, should I start in boy mode than start slowly dressing or should I start from the get go? I have gone back a few times to hang out there and have told people about me and some were cool and there was one who confronted me. I just laughed him off and walked away. Am I being to open, or should I just keep quite?

Stacie

Hi Stacie

I think (smoke rolling from my ears) if your employer is cool with it ,it all depends on which way you feel most comfortable.

Both ways have there advantages and disadvantages and it sounds like you'll have a lot of support either way you decide.

LUV

Jean

Guest Stacie46

Thanks Jean,

You have given me things to think about. I appreciate your reply. Thnaks for the support.

Stacie

Hi Stacie

I think (smoke rolling from my ears) if your employer is cool with it ,it all depends on which way you feel most comfortable.

Both ways have there advantages and disadvantages and it sounds like you'll have a lot of support either way you decide.

LUV

Jean

Guest Amanda joan

Stacie,

I am new also. I have done a few of the poles/surveys and have found them very thought provoking. One of the tests I took scored me as a -15 Androgenous. I am not sure what the number means but, I was stunned to find out that I might be androgenous. It makes so much sense to me. I am a MTF with no sex drive. I think that womens clothes are my biggest turn on.

I wish you all the best and hope that your transition brings you great joy.

Peace & Love Amanda Joan

Guest Stacie46
Stacie,

I am new also. I have done a few of the poles/surveys and have found them very thought provoking. One of the tests I took scored me as a -15 Androgenous. I am not sure what the number means but, I was stunned to find out that I might be androgenous. It makes so much sense to me. I am a MTF with no sex drive. I think that womens clothes are my biggest turn on.

I wish you all the best and hope that your transition brings you great joy.

Peace & Love Amanda Joan

Thank you Amanda. I am eagerly awaiting the day when I can go full time. I just need to great all my ducks in a row first. I know the day will come, I just need to be patience. I have been hanging out at this local transgender friendly gay bar near my house. I have finally worked up the courage the next time I go, I am going all girl mode. Hair, makeup, heels and dress. I even bought a cute black dress today for friday. I am looking forward to going as it will be the first time out alone. I am excited and nervous!

Love Stacie

Good luck on the job search, do take that Cogaitti test itis on the forum. It is easy to find or better yet just google cogiatti/test.

And BTW welcome to the forum Mia :D

Guest Stacie46
Good luck on the job search, do take that Cogaitti test itis on the forum. It is easy to find or better yet just google cogiatti/test.

And BTW welcome to the forum Mia :D

Hi Mia,

I have already taken that test. I scored classification 5, Transsexual. It seemed pretty apparent. As soon as I get a job and money starts coming in, I am going to speed up transitioning. I am sort of stagnet at the moment. Oh well! LOL

Love Stacie

Hi Stacey,

I am fairly new to Laura's and am enjoying every minute of my time on these forums. It is a fantastic place to be and there are so many great guys and gals here. Everyone that has posted to me have been absolutely super and there is a great deal of knowledge and really good advice. I know that if it had not been my discovery of Laura’s Playground I might have I might have spent many more repressed days and nights searching for my self.

If you do get the job and it sounds like you have a pretty good shot at it my gut feeling is that you will do your best going the way you feel most comfortable. I wish you luck and would really like to get to know you better. This site is the best. God I love it here.

Love & Kisses

Erica

PS Oh by the way welcome aboard (I feel like a stewardess LOL) but that is me Dumb & Dizzy

Guest Stacie46
Hi Stacey,

I am fairly new to Laura's and am enjoying every minute of my time on these forums. It is a fantastic place to be and there are so many great guys and gals here. Everyone that has posted to me have been absolutely super and there is a great deal of knowledge and really good advice. I know that if it had not been my discovery of Laura’s Playground I might have I might have spent many more repressed days and nights searching for my self.

If you do get the job and it sounds like you have a pretty good shot at it my gut feeling is that you will do your best going the way you feel most comfortable. I wish you luck and would really like to get to know you better. This site is the best. God I love it here.

Love & Kisses

Erica

PS Oh by the way welcome aboard (I feel like a stewardess LOL) but that is me Dumb & Dizzy

Hi Erica,

Its great to meet you. Yes there are alot of fantasic people here. What would you like to know? If you have a chance, check out my post (I have a dilemma) This issue has really gotten blown out of control. You would think people would be happy over a wedding, but everyone can't wait until its over. It has really turned ugly!

Love Stacie