• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hey Look At The Date!

Sally

Hey, I just noticed that today marks one year here in the friendliest place on Earth.

I could say that it has been the best of times and the worst of times - but I would have to acknowledge Charles Dickens.

I started here scared and feeling very much alone - I had just told my wife and she wanted to stay but not talk about it - that couldn't work and it didn't.

I was out to no one else except my therapist so she suggested that I come here.

I met some wonderful people, I got over my shyness (obviously, check the posts count).

I started to relate to the community and make close friends feeling a closeness that I never thought I could have.

My friends are from the entire spectrum of the gender scale and all ages from my first friend who is very young, that's you Skyy (I didn't know how to add friends until Skyy added me to her friend list and then helped me to add her) to the folks my age (and older) Like Donna Jean and Lizzy, the guys from Zabrak to Evan in age range.

MaryEllen asked me to become a moderator and I felt honored and accepted.

My wife left and I made a quick adjustment to living alone again.

I came out to my sister and mother and they are both positive that I am wrong - so no support there.

That was all before 2008 ended.

As the economy began to crater so did my business and I was feeling pretty down everyday was a struggle and the only place that I could go was here and while here helping others I can feel that warm glow that I am needed, wanted and useful - not always the feeling in a world where no on accepts you for who you really are.

But the best of times is when I am here with all of my dear friends who know me just as me, Sally.

The lady who just can't keep her mouth shut. :)

And that list of friends just keeps growing, too many to mention and spread from here in Texas, all over the US into the UK, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, the Middle East - literally all around the world.

Where else can you find so many wonderful and caring people all in one place?

There really is no place else like Laura's and to me it is the friendliest place on Earth.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Sweetheart!

Welcome to ONE YEAR!

Feels great, doesn't it?

Well, Congratulations....you are truly one amazing woman!

You are an icon here and really loved!

Laura is going to have to buy more space just to hold all of your posts!

Way to go, Sally!

I Love you!

Donna Jean

awww....i love you too. :wub: i am so glad that you joined. you did have a rough year, but i'm glad this site helped.

to quote Shaggy "If things are as bad as they can be, you can be sure there'll be a brighter tomorrow" -Keep'n It Real

i hope this coming year will be better for you. but all i can say is you have helped me in more ways than i can count. thank you for being such a good friend.

your daughter

Skyy

Congrats Sally on your one year anniversary, you are an inspiration to me, you have weathered things i can not imagine just to be who you should have been from birth.

I feel good things are coming your way this next year and many years to come.

{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}

Paula

One year it seems so long in so many ways and once you are through it, it is a flash..Thanks to you we are all growing and sharing in our dysphoria......Love and congrats MIa

Guest ~Brenda~

Sally,

You have come so very far in one year. The year went fast didn't it. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we all love you so much and that you are so very important to all of us. You are the backbone of Laura's.

I know that I always am anxious to see what you have written next. I have learned a great deal from you. Your wise and even handed way that you handle every situation is inspiring.

Now let's see... over 6000 posts in one year... that means.... calculating... hmmm carry the one.... OK got the answer!!!

A lot of posts per day!!! :)

I love that you are such a busybody

Love you with all of my heart

HUGS

Brenda

• Root Admin

Congratulations

My goodness! You've been here a year already? Doesn't time fly when you're having fun. :lol:

ME :)

Guest julia_d

Only a year.. and only hours for the HRT as well.. anniversaries galore.

pours more vodka and raises glass in toast to a very cool person.. you go girl XD

• Admin

Sally, I'm a little late to the party, but its not too late to say

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Laura's wouldn't be the same without you. You are unique, invaluable, and have a wonderful gift for language.

Thanks for everything you do.

Carolyn Marie

Guest NeverSayNever

Sally,

I couldn't imagine the playground without you. You have helped me so much, and I'm very glad to have met you.

Happy First Anniversary!!!

Love you!

James

Guest darlene lynn

CONGRATS Sally

You were the first person I pm'd. Ill never forget how much you've help me. I know you've everyone here!! And I love reading your poetry. Keep'm coming sister.

Lots of Love

Darlene Lynnette

Guest Elizabeth K

Good for you...

and good for us!

Sally has been here a year and already has won the hearts of all - and warmed the house of Laura's with her love and sage advice.

We DO love you - and know you as a friend, a confidant and a sister.

Here is to another year - and another... and another... and another... and another... and on and on

Elizabeth Anne

Guest Jean Davis

Happy Anniversary Sally

Your kind words have truely been an inspiration to me.

Looking forward to trying to read all of those 6000+ posts (If my eyes don't fall out) :D

Your Friend

Jean