• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Conservative Members Of Our Forum

Guest mia 1

Ok I'll be the Martyr here.

Yes I consider myself to be on the conservative side.

I believe in a smaller government footprint in everyday life. I feel that the Constitution the document that should protect the citizens and guide our government; not to be used as a political device. I believe what I earn from working is mine to keep and spend as I feel. I believe in a strong national defense. I tend to look down upon welfare programs because I have seen too many cases where it was abused. I am anti abortion due to personal beliefs about the sanctity of a child's life. I feel the death penalty is a necessary evil; some people have no remorse and cannot be rehabilitated. I feel that we have a responsibility to help those who CANNOT help themselves. I think that success should not be penalized. I feel everybody has the Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. Any sane and law abiding citizen should be allowed to own firearms. Everybody is created equal. People have the right to be protected from discrimination but I do not feel that I should be entitled due to my status. I feel that the government should abolish the institution of marriage. Marriage is a religious ceremony and should only be dealt with in that venue. I support domestic partnerships to any two citizens above the age of 18. (just remember this fun fact on the gay marriage issue penis Cheney is to the left of Obama)

So there I am in a nutshell.

On a funny side note I have been more accepted by my conservative friends then my liberal friends. To quote one of my oh so open minded friends. "I think that what you are doing is disgusting and I do not want you to be around my children." I know that doesn't speak for the whole but the hypocrisy that I see in some 'social liberals' really pisses me off.

So feel free to burn me at the stake for my opinions and views. Not much you could say to me hasn't already been said to my face.

Janis

Guest My_Genesis
I'm a libertarian, don't drag me into this :P .

LOL kinda just dragged yourself into it though didn't you :D cuz you know a lot of people consider libertarianism to be more on the conservative side. but on that note I agree with Fwip about...

I think that trying to split political thought and feelings into two parties is nearly impossible. There are as many viewpoints as there are issues. Trying to identify the candidate that contradicts the fewest of your views does not make for a happy populace.

Ideally, I would like to see our voting system reformed so that every person may cast either zero or one votes for each candidate, allowing third (and fourth and fifth) parties to gather support without siphoning votes from candidates more likely to win.

...all that.

:)

'Janis' date='Aug 23

Ok I'll be the Martyr here.

Yes I consider myself to be on the conservative side.

I believe in a smaller government footprint in everyday life. I feel that the Constitution the document that should protect the citizens and guide our government; not to be used as a political device. I believe what I earn from working is mine to keep and spend as I feel. I believe in a strong national defense. I tend to look down upon welfare programs because I have seen too many cases where it was abused. I am anti abortion due to personal beliefs about the sanctity of a child's life. I feel the death penalty is a necessary evil; some people have no remorse and cannot be rehabilitated. I feel that we have a responsibility to help those who CANNOT help themselves. I think that success should not be penalized. I feel everybody has the Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. Any sane and law abiding citizen should be allowed to own firearms. Everybody is created equal. People have the right to be protected from discrimination but I do not feel that I should be entitled due to my status. I feel that the government should abolish the institution of marriage. Marriage is a religious ceremony and should only be dealt with in that venue. I support domestic partnerships to any two citizens above the age of 18. (just remember this fun fact on the gay marriage issue penis Cheney is to the left of Obama)

So there I am in a nutshell.

On a funny side note I have been more accepted by my conservative friends then my liberal friends. To quote one of my oh so open minded friends. "I think that what you are doing is disgusting and I do not want you to be around my children." I know that doesn't speak for the whole but the hypocrisy that I see in some 'social liberals' really pisses me off.

So feel free to burn me at the stake for my opinions and views. Not much you could say to me hasn't already been said to my face.

Janis

Thanks Janis that is the kind of feedbackI was looking for , an intelligent rational well thought and succinct, response. One devoid of polemics, anger and accusatory fingers of the political opposition..thank you ....Mia

And in response to our wonderful bros. and sisters north of the 48th..the torrie govt is very much different than "our" political right..so I thank you for your educational dialouge......Mia

Guest Valentine

I'm an independent. I have political leanings that go to both sides of the aisle.

I want a smaller government, I believe that the Constitution should be followed as written, not as some want to twist it. That means that I can own a gun, some regulation is needed (Criminals, insane, a few others). That means that the Government cannot name a state religion, no teacher led prayer in public schools, no forced religious education in school, but if you want to carry your Bible in school that's fine, if you want to have a religious club that's fine.

I believe in the Death Penalty, I am pro-choice (I don't think that abortion is a good thing, but it's not my body).

I believe that discrimination against all people should be illegal, but that doesn't mean that you get special privileges.

I think that the government should get out of the marriage business. Civil unions, a contract between consenting adults that covers all of the legal aspects of marriage should be all that government cares about. If you want to be married find a clergy person of your choice to marry you, no legal rights ensued. No I don't care about the sex, gender, or number of adults involved.

The government needs to stay out of the bedrooms of consenting adults.

I don't want a nanny state, the government is not here to take care of you, help you out, but not take care of you.

I believe that the government should tax and spend as little as possible. Local projects should be paid for locally.

People in jail should be in jail, not confined in luxury jails, they don't need cable TV, internet access, weight rooms, etc.

BTW I could never understand pro-choice/anti death penalty or pro-life/anti death penalty views.

Guest *Elizabeth Anne*

My biggest regret was George Bush the Junior didn't have a son so we could have three of them in! And hurrah for the conservatives, I just wished they'd nuked Iraq like they promised, I mean they drove those planes in to the World Trade Center and the Pentagon! Darn ARABS -

And when my sisters came by and showed me that working in New Orleans made me transsexual, GOD - I hope he sends another hurricane and wipes that SIN CITY OUT - maybe if 100,000 instead of 1,000 died, Sweetie America would get the message and just go die of AIDS! And Canada! HOW DARE they want us to show passports! Nuke them too - or better, give then 30 days to turn over the keys and become the next five or six states of the good ole USA! We can get all that oil after we kick out all those commie French bassards what snuck in during the Revolutionary war!

And OBAMA? Is he REALLY from Canada? I heard he has a mussolom agenda! WE NEED TO CHECK THE RECORDS and see who voted for him and ship their candy asssses back out of the country to where they came from, Ruskies and Commies all!

So Rush is running for president? I heard he turned Catholic - no POPE is EVER gonna run this counrty!

And Conservatives and Christian Right? I mean a given - and GOD save the country - where would we be without them, I mean they keep us straight - if you know what I mean! SNICKER

Joe Bob

Guest Valentine
My biggest regret was George Bush the Junior didn't have a son so we could have three of them in! And hurrah for the conservatives, I just wished they'd nuked Iraq like they promised, I mean they drove those planes in to the World Trade Center and the Pentagon! Darn ARABS -

And when my sisters came by and showed me that working in New Orleans made me transsexual, GOD - I hope he sends another hurricane and wipes that SIN CITY OUT - maybe if 100,000 instead of 1,000 died, Sweetie America would get the message and just go die of AIDS! And Canada! HOW DARE they want us to show passports! Nuke them too - or better, give then 30 days to turn over the keys and become the next five or six states of the good ole USA! We can get all that oil after we kick out all those commie French bassards what snuck in during the Revolutionary war!

And OBAMA? Is he REALLY from Canada? I heard he has a mussolom agenda! WE NEED TO CHECK THE RECORDS and see who voted for him and ship their candy asssses back out of the country to where they came from, Ruskies and Commies all!

So Rush is running for president? I heard he turned Catholic - no POPE is EVER gonna run this counrty!

And Conservatives and Christian Right? I mean a given - and GOD save the country - where would we be without them, I mean they keep us straight - if you know what I mean! SNICKER

Joe Bob

I honestly can't believe that a forum moderator posted this.

• Root Admin

Moderators do have a sense of humor. That's just like something you would see on Saturday Night Live. :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks Janis that is the kind of feedbackI was looking for , an intelligent rational well thought and succinct, response. One devoid of polemics, anger and accusatory fingers of the political opposition..thank you ....Mia

And in resonse to our wonderful bros. and sisters north of the 48th..the torrie govt is very much different than "our" political right..so I thank you for your educational dialouge......Mia

Thank you as well. I'm always a little fearful to discuss my political views with others in this community. Due to being attacked for my opinions or just being marginalized as the type of person that Elizabeth Anne posted as. So yes I feel very much like an outcast.

Janis

Guest Zabrak

Mods are humans too. ;) Sadly, unlike the rumors say, we don't have super powers. I never really lifted that car with my pinky.

Guest Evan_J

You can't even begin to imagine the real "sickness depth" that is the moderating staff lol

(Its sarcasm Valentine. Just extreme sarcasm)

Guest My_Genesis
Thank you as well. I'm always a little fearful to discuss my political views with others in this community. Due to being attacked for my opinions or just being marginalized as the type of person that Elizabeth Anne posted as. So yes I feel very much like an outcast.

Janis

I agree with Mia your response was very well said. :)

I never really lifted that car with my pinky.
:o no way....