• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your Opinion On Fake Profiles Online, Pranksters

Guest Cait

Guest ~Brenda~
I believe i interact on a regular basis with persons who are not transgendered and it is upsetting

Sweetheart,

Are you referring to Laura's? Or are you just making a general comment?

Could you please provide some context :)

Love

Brenda

Guest Donna Jean

Cait:

Honey.......as Ren said.....how do you mean this?

Are you talking about here on the forum?

Or are you talking about online generally?

Huggs...

Donna Jean

Guest NatalieRene

This is the second topic you've created that you make accusations to no one in particular and then vanish from without really giving anyone a chance to help.

Can you give us a little more insight regarding what is bothering you so we can help?

Who do you think is fake? What happened?

Guest Joanna Phipps

I sincerely hope that she doesnt mean here, Laura and the staff are pretty carefull about watching the new members. That is also partially why the messages are moderated.

Guest jaymie

Unfortunately, that is the nature of an online forum, the annonimity of it will draw people who are fakes, phonies, jerks or who misrepresent themselves. But tht happens in daily life too, not everyone is forthright and honest. However, i'm thankful that online communities such as this exist as they are very beneficial...i try not to worry too much about the negatives, and hopefuly the imposters and pranksters eventually burn out and leave, or better yet get caught and booted.

Guest Jean Davis
Unfortunately, that is the nature of an online forum, the annonimity of it will draw people who are fakes, phonies, jerks or who misrepresent themselves. But tht happens in daily life too, not everyone is forthright and honest. However, i'm thankful that online communities such as this exist as they are very beneficial...i try not to worry too much about the negatives, and hopefuly the imposters and pranksters eventually burn out and leave, or better yet get caught and booted.

BRAVO JAYMIE!!!

I don't think it could have been said any better.

Jean

Cait,

Sweetheart would you please send me or one of the other moderators who you are having a problem with, we might be able to help you sort things out or at least knw who to watch - we want everyone to feel safe heree and obviously you do not.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest LightNebula

Yeah, more details would be nice. That's pretty annoying, though. =/ I hope it's just that they rather not talk about their (pain?) and problems with being trans, and instead just rather talk about other things online with people who are also trans.

Perhaps you should limit your interaction with those you find to be actors and actresses? Just a thought.

Anywho, though you and I don't "interact" anymore, I sincerely hope you find peace with all this and find a means to move forward effectively.

I emailed you in attempt to try and comfort you over reading your last post. I hope you accept and act upon that advice therein.

Peace be with you, Cait.

Guest NatalieRene
no, it wasn't up here.

just people trying to get a rise out of me

I hope you don't think i make accusations..twice already!

C

Accusations in general but not directed to anyone in particular. We can't help and correct a problem if you go back into your shell. We want to help. :D I'm glad you're back and I hope you'll stick around. This place is great, a real place to open up to others about your problems with lots of shoulders to lean and cry on as needed.

Guest AllisonD
I believe i interact on a regular basis with persons who are not transgendered and it is upsetting

Of course you interact with people on a regular basis who are not trans.

You interact with your entire universe, and very few of them are transgendered.

But not here, many of us here are trans. And I know you don't mean here. You mean in your universe. We have talked about this. And you are quite correct, not everyone, even here, is trans. This is such a great place for so many reasons, one of which is you don't actually have to be trans to be welcome here. Some of us here aren't even sure about just where our spot is on the spectrum. They come to find out. This is such a great place to get perspective, to figure it out.

But why is it upsetting?

Trans is part of your identity, I know this, we have talked about it. But you have many other parts to your identity, just as we all do. Not everyone we relate to, even closely, match the other parts of our identities. Sometimes people aren't even just quite sure what the bits of their identities are! And sometimes they change as they grow. So many here now identify as trans when they would have sworn a decade ago that they were not. And they certainly are now! This should not be upsetting. Not everyone is as sure as you are, or as I am for that matter. Grant them the courtesy to feel their own way through their identity. Just as we all grant you the same courtesy.

You now know you are trans, and have known for some time, but you didn't always. Others don't always either. Sometimes when people know you identify in a particular way they will ask you about it. Not always in the most friendly or positive way. Maybe some people do actually like to provoke you about it, and if you let them, it can be upsetting. But it doesn't have to be. A person cannot belittle you or upset you without your permission. It is a fact. So do not grant them permission to upset you.

And you know that there is no one here at Laura's that would deliberately upset you. We are far too supportive of each other to spend time poking at each other. And by the way, welcome back. You were missed.

Allison

OK ,what happened was I encountered a man who said he was hired by my family

to help me see all the harm i was causing

them, by going into transition.

my family IS religious, but who knows...i wouldn't doubt it

i like how they waited until i took 6 months of Hormones to really see if I was serious!

(the upside of this is i tell all my doctors and everyone i meet i'm a transsexual)

Well, anyone who knows me, knows I don't easily care what others think (more and more)

Anyway, he just went into how i'm a schizophrenic, and modern medicine was "colluding"

with me to have SRS...what his alternative was to this, i don't know...he didn't have much to say about that

once i stated my case for reassignment,etc.

I don't truly care what people call themselves...and as long as they aren't messing with animals and kids and unconsenting adults....

it's your life!!!

Sorry to imply anyone here is or isn't this or that!

that wasn't the problem.

the problem is the idea that people can "troll" on you and hurt your feelings,

out of boredom or amusment.

My family said they didn't know this person and vaguely understand my transition. but it

is not such a big deal as i live away from them, and they pay no part of my expenses.

This did provide an oppurtunity to see what would happen if they found out i was TG

but most people agree i'm a happier person, and i like the way i am, and I am happy to

transition alone, if need be.

i've had these feelings since my teen years, and am at a good place with transition ;)

I was called a lady the other day in a park--and so i'm sort of "sad" i didn't start sooner when

things would have been better (maybe)

but that isn't what happened

still, it makes me wonder!

i have no interest one way or the other upsetting people

or causing trouble

and can certainly show you pictures of my breasts if you think i'm trolling on you!

with all the other stress in life, i just don't worry so much anymore

I got my chance to transition and so, i can't really complain too much.

i'm even making trips to "hang out" with other transsexuals...

I guess to have some kind of family or friends

(my whole family isn't very close, so I never had relatives beyond the immediate family

eg: one thanksgiving i called my uncle long distance , on my dime, to say happy thanksgiving...

what a crowd...)

I just live one day at a time, and feel pretty sad inside and really am not going to spend awhole lot of my time

explaining myself---

C

This is the second topic you've created that you make accusations to no one in particular and then vanish from without really giving anyone a chance to help.

Can you give us a little more insight regarding what is bothering you so we can help?

Who do you think is fake? What happened?

thanks for keeping track of my postings!

you just can't let stuff bother you

i'm bothered about trying to get a job in the future--that is bothering me

having to buy my Psychiatrist a book on Transsexuals while he makes money talking to me for 15 minutes about "stuff"

well, years of that...they kind of bother me, in so much as lots of people have "cashed in" on my misery without doing much to

actually help me,

but rich people don't want to raise an auto-mechanic....so you get alot of "paid -for -doctors"

anyway,

i don't know that i post topics and run away so you can't help me....

after being a "freak" and "schizophrenic"

ah, what do i care?

I just don't take this stuff so personal anymore

and in many ways...the surgeries i've had and heartache

really make transition easier as it's not such a contrast for me

i already know to watch out for people, and my surroundings

and am no stranger to being called names and whatnot

just for not fitting in

this particular incident was just upsetting as

i don't want my family to disown me :huh:

Caitlin

Yes, i believe i am in contact with people who personally are not what they represent

TO ME, not to others...i don't know what they tell others

they just appear to know alot about me...and try to upset me with nonsense talk about people

i'm hurting with my sex change and how my family is devastated by it.

In a way, this is funny as I don't think my family really cares one way or another, as i've never

dated women and always have been "artistically eccentric"

i have no kids or ever came close to being married!

Can only speculate that someone wanted to either make me suicidal or

see if i was an "adequate candidate" for GID

which up to this point has involved some real winners

I suspect in my state, they will have to experiment in my case, as they just don't work with many TG

people.

It works good for the TG people that follow behind me as I

am openly TG , in many ways.

B)

This is more to make these people "function" than to be cute.

eg: they couldn't treat me in a proper, professional manner

without me:

calling their receptionist 4 or 5 times and saying this is................................you know, that Transsexual!

(it paid off for me,

lots of work though)

i can only see that it MIGHT benefit others

(i'll leave the area as soon as i can)

Caitlin

Guest NatalieRene

Wow I don't know who that other guy thinks he is but just how did he come a medical diagnose of your condition without actually examining you? I wouldn't give him the time of day. Tell him modern medicine is following the oath it took to do no harm and thanks for his concern but for him to kindly get lost.

I find it interesting that the families are the ones that think we are causing THEM trouble. Sure, We just woke up one morning and decided to change our genders and our lives on a lark just to irritate them. Never mind that most have been carrying this around all of our lives or that many are at sucides door. It's also not the first time i heard of families hiring experts who know nothing about us to turn us back to be like everyone else. The real experts like gender therapists are trained in our care. Some don't accept this.

I've met many self described "Experts" in my life. However many are full of it when it comes down to the facts. My father was one of these who claimed to know everything. He didn't. He thought transgenderism could be fixed with will power and boy toys. He claimed the real experts really knew nothing and how dare I do this to the family. Never mind the hell it put me through. These days the AMA and both APA's have approved our care. The self described experts though always claim to know more than a Doctor of Psychology or a Doctor of Medicine. Whose the expert, the layman or the one who took extra schooling?

Ignorance is bliss for the unknowing who try to shove their beliefs down our throats. Always stick with the real educated experts not the ones who just talk the loudest just to hear their own voice. I knew a man who for years claimed to be a self taught financial expert who made money when times were good. Yet when times were bad he lost just as much money as every one else did. Did his loss deter him from claiming to be an expert? Nope. Believe it or not he still gives financial advice and some still listen. Go figure. The guy barely graduated high school and hadn't passed one college business course. Yet he knew better.

Laura

Guest NatalieRene

Cait

No this is great that your putting this out there. You need to have a outlet, you obviously do care. I'm not sure exactly how to help with the situation of the family but that "doctor" is obviously one of those quacks who thinks he can cure GID. I guess I would start by asking if he is a neural surgeon. If he says no then obviously he has a snowballs chance in hell of curing it, and if he says yes then he should know better and is full of crap.

I guess maybe I would try first by explaining to your parents about how the medical community is distancing itself from these types of doctors who claim they can cure it and then point out that people like him have a long line of patients that have committed suicide. All you can do is shine a light on the situation, sadly they have to follow.

thanks for keeping track of my postings!

you just can't let stuff bother you

i'm bothered about trying to get a job in the future--that is bothering me

having to buy my Psychiatrist a book on Transsexuals while he makes money talking to me for 15 minutes about "stuff"

well, years of that...they kind of bother me, in so much as lots of people have "cashed in" on my misery without doing much to

actually help me,

but rich people don't want to raise an auto-mechanic....so you get alot of "paid -for -doctors"

anyway,

i don't know that i post topics and run away so you can't help me....

after being a "freak" and "schizophrenic"

ah, what do i care?

I just don't take this stuff so personal anymore

and in many ways...the surgeries i've had and heartache

really make transition easier as it's not such a contrast for me

i already know to watch out for people, and my surroundings

and am no stranger to being called names and whatnot

just for not fitting in

this particular incident was just upsetting as

i don't want my family to disown me :huh:

Caitlin

Guest Nekomata

Sometimes chasers disguise themselves to easier blend in with their prey. It's happened to me.

Cait, that sounds horrible.

I had my first encounter with people, and most of them are fine with it. But then there are a few that don't think it's fine, and tried to talk me out of it. Like I was signing a check or something. That, made me cry all night. One little remark of someone. See, it's the doubt of others that make me doubt. No wonder we get mixed up. That's why i don't see many people. I'm pretty much at home, except for buying groceries, seeing strangers. YES I love being alone, because even before I went into this people always seem to rip me off, betray me, use & abuse me, and draining all my energy like a bunch of psychic vampires. Really few people are dear to me, really few.

But I accepted it. I'll live :D

Can't say I feel too bad about my own Transition, and I wouldn't stop anyway.

I feel it is in my best interest to continue on with things, and it is my firm belief I can't be

helped through any sort of "therapy" or what have you.

My own thoughts on being TG are that i "defaulted" into the female role,and

don't feel very political or amazed by the situation.

The problem is one of the idea as a whole gaining more exposure,and

thus, people have these preconceived notions all planned out

and i'm just not used to that.

It really is that they don't see us as people---that's what i'm combating against!

there is no Agenda on my end, i just want to live in peace.

So, my thought would be we are dealing with certian folks who are watching shows

making a value judgement on 5 transsexuals they see interviewed

possibly talking with their roommates/flatmates

decideing what "bracket" we fit in , and then engaging in a "free-for-all"

with our life-situation, as it's just on TV

like starving kids or tidal waves.

the interesting part is I think the TG population is set to explode

i feel ambivlant whether this is good or not!

Caitlin

Guest Joanna Phipps
Can't say I feel too bad about my own Transition, and I wouldn't stop anyway.

I feel it is in my best interest to continue on with things, and it is my firm belief I can't be

helped through any sort of "therapy" or what have you.

My own thoughts on being TG are that i "defaulted" into the female role,and

don't feel very political or amazed by the situation.

The problem is one of the idea as a whole gaining more exposure,and

thus, people have these preconceived notions all planned out

and i'm just not used to that.

It really is that they don't see us as people---that's what i'm combating against!

there is no Agenda on my end, i just want to live in peace.

So, my thought would be we are dealing with certian folks who are watching shows

making a value judgement on 5 transsexuals they see interviewed

possibly talking with their roommates/flatmates

decideing what "bracket" we fit in , and then engaging in a "free-for-all"

with our life-situation, as it's just on TV

like starving kids or tidal waves.

the interesting part is I think the TG population is set to explode

i feel ambivlant whether this is good or not!

Caitlin

Cait, i thinky youve hit it on the head for most of us. All we really want is to be accepted for the gender that we present and be allowed to live our lives in that gender with out undue attention and ridicule from those cisgendered folk.

@Joanna

Exactly.

However there is a certain "media image" of "drag queens" that in my [sincere] opinion has hurt the T community as a whole. It has been made into a caricature over the years, same has happened with the LBG community before it turned to acceptance. It's not that I'm against it, but most of the ridicule came from a different corner than you initially would expect.