• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My First College Final.

Guest Tammy Maher

Guest Tammy Maher

Ok. I just finished my first college final. My first thing I have to to do is thank everyone here so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prof gave us 4 different topics to write on and one of them was on gender roles. (Hm I wonder where this is going......)

I naturally used one story we read this quarter (Grandmother's Land), I tied in Anime and Manga, and discussed my experiences with all of you.

Disclaimer:

I did not name anyone in my essay or discuss highly personal topics.

[end disclaimer]

You all over the past month ish have all unknowingly prepared me for this. I didn't even know that it would be a topic discussed in let alone on the final. My thoughts flowed smoothly and fit nicely together.

*is actually really hungry while writing this......*

So in thanks to everyone I tried to follow some of Sally's steps in making cookies, but I wound up throwing those away and making my own style ^^. So here are some White chocolate Macademia nut cookies (if you are allergic let me know I make something different for you) I really appreciate everyone here so much.

This is sounding like a goodbye post isn't it? :S

Well it isn't. I'm merely trying to thanks everyone for how you have supported me this last month. And well I guess it is along the lines of goodbye, but not really. I will still be here just access at home is really restricted and I'll have to figure my roommate situation before having some serious time to get back fully. I return home tomorrow so tonight is really my last full night here for a while (packing tomorrow). So I don't know exactly when and what times I'll be around, but Sally I really might need some of that louder typing on the 7th still.

^^/

Janelle

It would be fascinating, and likely educational to see what you have written, if you are willing to share....

Allison

Finally, someone proposed something interesting! We wanna see :mellow: .

Guest Tammy Maher
It would be fascinating, and likely educational to see what you have written, if you are willing to share....

Allison

Finally, someone proposed something interesting! We wanna see :mellow: .

I WOULD LOVE TOO, but.........

Yes there is an unfortunate but.

I tried to get a copy, but my prof said that all the finals stay with her and can never be copied. I wanted a copy so bad, but she said I couldn't have one. The best she can do for me is later on in fall quarter I can sit down with her and discuss it.

Trust me I would have found some way to paste that essay on my facebook and all my forums websites before even reaching my suite after leaving class (about a 3 minute walk away.) It is the best essay I have ever written.

^^/

Janelle

I really can't get over how I wrote 5 pages fitting so nicely together and transitions with proper grammar and punctuation at a college level in 3 hours.

I really can't get over how I wrote 5 pages fitting so nicely together and transitions with proper grammar and punctuation at a college level in 3 hours.

...you need to teach me how to do this, lol.

If you ever figure out a way to get a copy of your essay, I'd love to read it also.

Guest Tammy Maher
...you need to teach me how to do this, lol.

Pay attention in class, have an open EVERYTHING final. Know ahead of time that you will have 4 different topics to pick from and know that they will relate to the readings done in class. Research the night before of related topics to the readings.

I did mine on gender roles and the reading was Baby X...

My research included another reading we did and some examples of gender roles being questioned/rebelled against in anime/manga... More specifically I chose Winry Rockbell from FMA and Tokito from Samurai Deeper Kyo. I would have chosen that other girl from SDK, but I couldn't remember her name... still can't has anyone else read this????????????? What is her name?????? I know it isn't Akira, but it something close. I kind of flowed it with the traditional roles from the first reading (Grandmother's land) and kind of how hunting was like traditional stuff for men and how today we can buy food instead of hunting... then to how that makes today's gender roles blend more........ to how pop culture influences and states the gender roles.... then to my personal experiences with everyone here and the struggles we go through and stuff..... then tied it all together with how no matter what our gender role we are all still people.

If you ever figure out a way to get a copy of your essay, I'd love to read it also.
my prof said

that all the finals stay with her and can never be copied.

I tried trust me.

^^/

Janelle

Guest Astro_Liz

If you want a to get a copy, tell her your gender therapist had requested you get them a copy to better analyze... uh... stuff? Medical needs trump school policy by federal law, especially if its a public university. Either that or offer to copy your answer by hand on to another sheet of paper. I'm willing to bet though that the prof doesn't actually grade the papers and just assigns a final grade fairly close to what you had throughout the class, and if they let you see it, the jig is up. ;)

Congratulations Janelle.

I know another woman who had the same opportunity in college.

But she had the chance to standup in front of the whole class and

read hers after her professor thought so highly of her presentation

and knowledge of her topic.Of course,she was in RLE all ready,so that

helped boat loads.

Good girl,

Angie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 138 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Petra Jane
    • Justine76
    • Ivy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • Justine76
      It's something I'm just learning but I find I actually enjoy the 'craft' of it in addition to how it makes me look. Even after a fresh shave, I have a mild 5'clock shadow. For me, the primary use of makeup is to get rid of that. I'll start with the orange concealer over facial hair areas and a bit under my eyes. Liquid foundation over that and light concealer used judiciously over that (still dialing that part in). Then just a tad of powder to bring color back in certain places. There are a number of Youtube tutorials on that layering process.    I'll also pencil in my eyebrows a bit since they're blonde and otherwise not very visible. Sometimes I'll get adventurous and give mascara a try but that's a delicate skill and usually I mess it up. I don't particularly like lipstick, but just ordered a 'lip pencil' to experiment with. Hoping for a more subtle effect. 
    • Vidanjali
    • April Marie
      Sunday is my weekly ablution day - all of the parts that need occasional shaving get their required attention. The weather is rainy and cool today so after the ablutions and shower, I put on blue jeans, a gray t-shirt and a black front-zip hoodie along with gray sneakers.   And, I did put on make-up, not to impress anyone but just to feel as if I'm looking my best....as good as that can be given this woman is now 69 years old. 
    • April Marie
      There are lots of us here willing to offer support, ideas, a shoulder or just a smile. Working with your therapist and finding your true self can be difficult process...but it will also be filled with wonder and joy as you discover that person who's been waiting inside you to be found.   Just know that you are not alone.
    • Mealaini
      Thank you for fixing my country of origin MaryEllen!     :) Mealaini
    • Mealaini
      Thank you KayC!  I am just trying to keep breathing. I don't have a huge amount of time in my life for self exploration.  My job and responsibilities have me second guessing all my inner work.  I do have time off in the summer - coming up soon as I am a teacher.  Only a few workshops.  Looking forward ward to some introspection.     :) Mealaini
    • Betty K
      Yes, essentially. As Julia Serano says, they view trans outcomes as intrinsically worse than cis outcomes. 
    • Jani
      I used to but now its just lip gloss every now and then, in a subdued tone.
    • Ivy
      Yeah, a lot of times I don't really have anything to add to the conversation. There are some threads I seldom post on.
    • Ivy
      I have seen some things about this.  As I remember it was not very trans-friendly. The people doing these things seem to minimize the positive aspects of transition, and maximize the potential problems. Basically, make it as difficult as possible (without outright banning it) to discourage anyone from doing it.
    • Willow
      Good morning    woke up to some light rain this morning.  Maybe I should run out with a giant umbrella to cover the car.   Ha ha ha.     I’ve had really nice cars before but never something like this.     @KymmieL I hope you got to go on your ride. Back when I had my Harley we went out for a ride almost every weekend. We would head either SW down the Shenandoah Valley or Skyline Drive which danced along the tops of the Mountains or we would head west into West Virginia and just travel along until it was time to find our way home.   occasionally I wish I still had a bike but I usually quickly for get that. The only thing I ever wanted as a young person that I never had was a late 50s vette.      
    • April Marie
      I admit to wearing make-up. Actually, I'll admit to enjoying wearing make-up. For me, it's been part of learning about myself as a woman and finding a style and look that reflects my personality.    Sometimes, it will just be a bit of mascara and a touch of lipstick. But, most often I wear foundation with setting powder, gel eyeliner, mascara, a little blush on my cheek line and lipstick. I also use an eyebrow pencil to darken my brows a bit.  Infrequently, I will add some eye shadow.   Most of my make-up is from Mary Kay although my lipsticks or from various manufacturers and eyeliners are mostly Maybelline. My wife purchases most of her make-up from Mary Kay and so we order together from our local representative. Of course, I don't have much brand experience but I'm happy with the Mary Kay products and find myself transitioning almost entirely to their line of make-up.
    • KathyLauren
      I did early on, out of necessity.  Regardless of how close you shave, beard shadow shows through.  I just used a bit of foundation, setting powder and blush.    I didn't use much eye makeup.  I started out with a bit of eye liner, but I thought it gave me a "trying too hard" look.  So I mostly didn't use any.   With covid and masking, I stopped using makeup altogether.  Why bother when no one can see your face and the mask smears the makeup anyway?   When restrictions were lifted, I didn't go back to wearing makeup.  My face feminized quite nicely over the first few years of HRT.  I'll never be pretty, but I look more female than male.  (Or I like to tell myself that anyway.)  With several years of electrolysis, and with what facial hair remains turning white, I don't have much beard shadow, so there is nothing to cover up.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you use make-up? If so, why and what  types?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.