• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wal-mart Incident

Guest Joanna Phipps

Who has ever equated anger with rationality? And you still fail to get my point. 'It was lucky for the aunt I didn't ruin her car, not her niece'. We are talking about you being an responsible legal adult driving a potentially lethal chunk of metal that kills and maims on a hourly basis, with no regards for the safety of your legal guardians in your care or for that matter other road users? Doing 90mph on a dirt road, etc.? If you cannot keep your temper in check and you drive for a living, wow lucky I live nowhere near you. Do it on the racetrack, not on public roads.

And I've spent a fair chunk of my live driving and riding for a living too.

Aeryn

Yeah good point. This is also why when I start to see the Therapists for the GID, I also want to get to talking to one about my anger issues too. I ususally can keep it in check, but sometimes....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Camicochan
Yeah good point. This is also why when I start to see the Therapists for the GID, I also want to get to talking to one about my anger issues too. I ususally can keep it in check, but sometimes....

I used to have huge anger issues, to the point that at many times my parents threatened with a therapist. A lot of my outbursts happened on the road as well. I never learned to cope with it. However, now on hormones my anger issues have completely disappeared. I really believe that they were caused by testosterone and my mind not being equipped for that.

Guest Nikki A

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CARS. except how to change breaks or oil or break pads or serpentine belts (hope i spelled that right) basic maintinance. the only thing i usually know better than the other kids my age (17-18) is string theory, multiple dimensions and universes. just random metaphysical things that i learned from a slight obsession with knowing as much as possible. lol. it all started with the comforting feeling that there is an infinite amount of universes and an infinite amount of differences within these different universes. sooo, that means in one of them ;) ... ALL OF US ARE IN THE CORRECT GENDER!

love it. fun stuff!! theories make me smile :lol:

hugs, Nikki

(sorry that i cant spell some things :P)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bob_MTx

Very cool!

Being older and experienced sneeks up on you. It is a fun card to play but it makes you think that the end is getting nearer. I also do light car repair... but I work in sort of high tech stuff and nobody seems to have ever seen a slide rule or uses real graph paper. Anyway being able to do all you can certainly helps with self esteem in all situations. Experience is good and growing old has been better than I thought ...in that the brain gets richer even if it drops a few bits of memory now and again. Take care.

Sincerely

Susan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RachaelAnn

You all are making me feel like some punk kid. I will admith that back when WIN98 was the big thing I did win 3rd place in computer maintenance technology at district contest out of 11 tech schools. We had to dig through a pile of parts, find a modem, video card, memory, pretty much everything. Build a comp. Install WIN98. Then get it online. But if you tried to get me to do the same thing today, there just ain't no way. That was about 11 years ago, and I haven't done any comp work since then. I started teaching myself HTML when I was 16 and as of now I have a couple sites up online. I also build websites for a bit of extra $ whenever I get the chance. Other than that, I don't really have any skills, other than staying on the back of a bull for 8 seconds. :D

Guest Natalie92
I stand there, shake my head and reply that I have been fixing computers since the days of 8K ram backs and dip package ram.

I actually remember when a 105Mb hard drive was considered big, heck my camera card has more memory than that.

Ahh, the good old days (back when I first learned to use a computer back at age 3). I'm pretty sure the 1st computer that I used was a bit more advanced than that but not by TOO much (at least not by today's standards):

IBM PS/2 Model 56

Processor: 20 Mhz

Hard Drive: 120MB

RAM: 4MB

As opposed to 15 years later:

ASUS G50V Series

Processor: 2.13 Ghz

Hard Drive: 320GB

RAM: 4GB

I sorta miss the days when you could type in a web address and if you left to go get lunch and the page was loaded by the time you got back, it was considerd fast.

Natalie

Guest Joanna Phipps

yes except that W3.x wasnt an OS, it was the largest addon pack DOS ever had. I remember the days of 300baud manual modems where it took 30 min to download 35K. Anyone remember OS/2 the OS that nearly beat windows? Loading it from a stack of 13 5.25" floppies.

• 2 months later...
Guest ReginaRenea
Wow, you girls are TOUGH! :lol:

Remind me never to get either of you P.O.'d, OK?

Carolyn Marie

What really gets them mad is when you stand there and do it in less time than they have to go ask for help[ I'm talking car repairs and computer repairs

without getting dirty doing it]. I had one tell me it would take me all day to fix a fuel pump in the gas tank of my van-He stood watching and it only took me 2 hours. Needles to say He was peed. So girls- if you can prove them wrong, do it, if they are nice they might help. If they are real nice they might do it for you. I LOVE BEING A WOMAN. Luv always Regina Renea

Guest ReginaRenea
OMG!

I've worked on cars, trucks and motorcycles my entire life..

Heck , right now I have a Bright red Chevy Silverado PU truck! 1983..

It has a factory reman 350 that I put in, freshly O/H turbo-hydro-matic crossdresser (can I say that?)

Dual glass packs and a Holly 4bbl sitting on top! Built it myself!

Heck, a farm girl has to have a decent truck, don't she?

I don't do much of the major work myself any more, though...break a nail and I cry....can't have that!

Yes, Ren and Joanna....I'll tell a kid "I've got socks older than you"....LOL!

Age has it's advantages...as does being a girl.....

VRrooom!

Donna Jean

One of the first engines that I did on my own was a 440 magnum that I bored and stroked 30 percent over factory and put 2 holly 750's

on an aluminum highrise intake. One nasty motor- got it to do 180 mph before I sold it. That was in 1980 and it was in a chrysler newport 300.

Dang thing was as big as a boat. Down on the gas petal and watch the gas guage go down with it. My race days and grease days are over

unless I get stuck in the middle of nowhere. I drive around in a 98 volvo now. A wagon at that! Have fun with your truck- I miss them but don't need one. Luv Ya Regina Renea

Guest ReginaRenea
You confused me when you started talking about the different jacks... lol :rolleyes: and the R&R I have no idea what any of that is. But ask me anything about building a computer I can probably tell you and for most other people I know confuse them lol. But, i'm sure it must have been an amazing feeling to cause a kid to be absolutely befuddled because a woman can fix a car. lol

I bet you think in only one language- binary- you know- 101001. If some of the NIA's tried to think as fast as you they'd get a nose bleed.

I love smart people, as in got some brains to them and not all brawn or looks. Wish I had you around to teach me how to make this computer work right.

It's always giving me trouble. Luv Ya Regina Renea

• 1 month later...
Guest Arielle

I know I'm going to surprise anyone when they see a girl working a '67 Ford Fairlane Ranchero, replacing the shocks, radiator, everything under the bonnet except the engine, and most of the internal parts that are either discoloured from my dad smoking in it for essentially my whole life. I also impress or confuse the hell out of people when I talk about cars and the physics of say cooling an engine and having my radiator stand off from the place it's mounted by 3in. to get a reverse venturri. I also used to race stage rally in the UK, then switched to snowboarding, and so on.

I should put a link to my blog that I started. ariellewest.blog.com in my signature so people can just visit it.