• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Are You, This Very Instant?

Guest OneOutOfnOne

Guest OneOutOfnOne

Hello, friends. My name is Lydia, and I have not been here a great deal lately. I wanted to poke my head in and say, 'Hello, I still exist. How is everyone else?' but did not find a good place for it. So here this is.

The question is, how are you, this very instant? Describe your current location, mood, and personal context in a verbal snapshot.

I am sitting in an armchair in a hippie-decor coffeeshop, eating a delicious bowl of soup and using their free computers because my own is broken and I can afford nothing (save the occasional bowl of soup). I am feeling mildly overcast, but am reluctant to blame this on matching the weather, and feel it is more attributable to various external stresses, mostly familial and financial. I am striving for peace in my solitude and inner reflection, while attempting to retain some degree of connection to the outside world, even if it is through the internet.

Your turn.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

Hello Lydia, I'm Crow, I have also not been on very often so I understand. I actually ended up doing my I'm back post in a thread about my new glasses... -laughs-

Currently, I lay down on my bed in my slightly messy mint green colored room, my feet hanging off the edge of the bed because my computer is on one of my three pillow so I can only lay on a third of the bed. My thick purple blanket is covering me from my waist down and although I wish I could be completely warm by covering my arms, I do not want to stop typing yet. I am typing with the smell of tuna from my supper wafting towards me. My lizard sits in his cage staring at his water bowl, which I go to fill because it is empty. The leopard gecko looks at it, a bit surprised, before cautiously going to drink from the bowl.

Meanwhile, there is sound from both the cbox on one of my roleplayng sites and my msn, calling me to chat. I am currently contented and enjoying myself while thinking of tomorrow. The calmness can be partially attributed to the rain but also to just the fact that I am able to connect to my friends online and have no homework to distract from it. Nor is there anything particularly stressful for the weekend after my birthday.

Guest Robin Winter

I'm sitting in my living room, just finished a dinner of pepperoni pizza and orange juice, put a load of laundry in the wash, and I'm now half in tears from Sophie Jeans poem. It nearly mirrors my last serious suicide attempt, and I'm a little overwhelmed.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi sweetie,

I just got done playing my guitar for a bit, and now I am online here at Laura's :)

I'm wearing one of my fav dresses, an orange tank dress with a white silk shawl around my shoulders (a little chilly tonight here in CT).

After a hectic day at work, it is nice to relax here.

Love

Brenda

Guest Donna Jean

OMG! I LOVE this!

I'm sitting here in a red top and a long red skirt...

I have on a headset with a mic and speakers...

I'm listening to whatever I like...(old Beatles)

My whole world is changing....

I LOVE IT!

Donna Jean

Guest ChloëC

Hi Lydia,

I'm sitting in my den right now, lower level of a split level colonial in the country, at a desk, in a nice swivel chair, having gotten back from dinner out with my wife and good friends of ours.

Late in the evening when it gets quiet and dark, I just like to sit back and reflect on the day's events, tomorrow's goals. I may listen to some music. I have several playlists on YouTube and I've digitized several hundred songs that I have recorded over the past 20 or 30 years. Or I might work on tracking down an ancestor on Ancestry.com. Or work on a compilation of various media I'm putting together for my mother's 90th birthday.

I will also think about what clothes I would like to wear if I had the chance, and just relax.

Chloë

• Admin

I'm at home, waiting for dinner to be cooked (pan fried fish) by my lovely spouse. (don't worry, I'll do my share

at the sink after dinner. Lol)

I'm thinking about the weekend ahead - partly cloudy, mid 70's weather, perfect for taking a bike ride.

Looking forward to showing my wife a little of Laura's for the first time.

Good thoughts, good food, good weather, and family. Not bad at the moment!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Tempest

I'm in my room, listening to the decemberists, even though they make me depressed. Oh well.

I just said good night to my plants, and one of my morning glories are flowering. Big blue flowers. Very beautiful.

I'm reading Brave New World, and am thoroughly enjoying it, very creepy, I'd recommend it.

Uh oh, one of my indoor plants it wilting. I'm going to go water it.

Peace

Guest Donna Jean
I just said good night to my plants, and one of my morning glories are flowering. Big blue flowers. Very beautiful.

Peace

Hone....

My Morning Glories are my most favorite!

The Blues are the best! I love them!

They make me so happy......

Huggs

Donna Jean

Kia Ora Lydia,

:rolleyes: I'm thinking of not thinking[i'm about to meditate] which reminds me of a koan about thinking... B)

"After sitting, the monk asked Great Master Yueh-shan Hung-tao"What are you thinking in the immobile state of sitting?" The Master answered "I think of not thinking" The monk asked "How can one think of not thinking?" The Master said "Nonthinking"

Now I'm about to meditate on 'Nonthinking'...But if 'I' was to meditate on nonthinkng would 'I' have to be thinking?... ;)

Well you did ask Lydia...

Metta Jendar :)

Guest Amanda joan

Hello Lydia,

I am glad you have come back.

I am sitting at the computer in a spare bedroom in my friend Ed's house. I just got home this evening from a business trip to Southern Virginia. My Mom is visiting from New York and we went to diner tonight at the local Grill. Right now I am loving the blue sweater dress I have on. It came in the mail while I was away. Amanda lives, this is the first time I have recieved something addressed to Amanda. I will keep the shipping label as a momento. It fits very nicely not too big or too small, just right.

My pain issue with regards to the boys between my legs was agravated with all the driving I did this week. I just finished iceing them and now I am going to take some Vikaden and go to sleep.

:lol: Crow,

Happybirthday

Peace & Love Amanda

I just got home from yet another marathon day of work and errands, tonight's included taking my mother to the grocery store, she is 86 and has very poor balance and even worse eyesight, add to that she is convinced that I am incorrect and making a terrible mistake.

I am sitting in my terribly cluttered and messy workroom for my floundering business and feeling very alone until Dee Jay just called me on Skype and saved me from my isolation.

Now Lizzy has dropped by to say hi and now I am talking to Dee Jay again.

Life just got better.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Shane_82

Sitting at home in my living room watching a horribly chopped movie on TBS...

Got my red sweater n jeans rocking..

and I am sad, lonely n bored...

:unsure:

~ Shane

Guest Captain Troy

Hi I'm Troy.

I'm wearing girls clothes for the first time all week. I hand-painted flowers on the blue jeans. the shirt is from goodwill.

I am confused, and slightly anxious. I don't want to go to sleep, but I have to anyways.

Ah, stress.

Guest ~Brenda~
Sitting at home in my living room watching a horribly chopped movie on TBS...

Got my red sweater n jeans rocking..

and I am sad, lonely n bored...

:unsure:

~ Shane

Oh... I wish I could be with you and keep you company.

Don't feel like your alone hon. I am here :)

Love

Brenda

Guest Steven22

Sitting in my room waiting for a song to download, (Call the Ships to Port, Covenant) and just came to the realization I need to "undress" and redress so I can get my makeup/toiletries out of my car (dressing is bad ju-ju here) yet I do it anyways to get that momentary bliss(thanks for the wording Carolyn). But I am in that momentary bliss, thoroughly enjoying myself (kinda silly though still very sane). :rolleyes:

-Lauren

Hi from the other side of the Atlantic.

I'm on my bedroom, sitting at my laptop, typing this message.

We have nice weather here, which helps getting in a good mood. Maybe a bit annoyed, 'cause I gotta tiddy my room; but in general I'm quite happy today: I'm celebrating my 24th birthday, and that served as a excuse to meet a great friend I don't have the chance to see too often ^^

Dunno what else to say.

Regards,

Ethain

Guest Diva D

Long time no post... Been hidin'.

I'm currently sitting at my PC, thinking about the possibility of going out for a drive again tonight, since it's fine-ish, and full moon.

Guest jamo-chelsea

ello ello, i'm chelsea.

today i've been to a music engineering universities open day, been slightly dumbstruck by all the gear they had in there-totally going there after i get out of school! came home and have been writing lyrics for my bands latest song and now i'm sitting watching the dark knight cause i've been so out of the loop i didn't wanna see it til now.

got band rehearsal tomorrow so that makes me happy

Well, I just woke up and came in here to see what was going on.

I slept in my easy chair again, I am so tired these days that I never seem to get to my bed.

I really should try to get into my nightgown as soon as I get home - I am so tired of waking up in the same horrible clothes that I had worn to work the day before.

I really need to find a way to make a lot of money and retire - I am so tired of working.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Shane_82
Oh... I wish I could be with you and keep you company.

Don't feel like your alone hon. I am here :)

Love

Brenda

Brenda you are too sweet :)

<3

~ Shane

Guest InkCloud

Hello hello hello. I'm Justin. Being able to openly say that, without my nerves attacking me, never gets old ;) Let's see, I'm in a pretty decent mood. Just got back from seeing Fame, which seems to have jump started my creative mind back in to gear. That's a good thing. I've been missing my creativity. Trying to think of something to write for NaNoWriMo. 50,000 words in a month. Whew. Harder than it sounds, trust me. Listening to my sister yell at my dog for blocking the remote's path to the TiVo box, which is making me laugh. I'm thrilled at the prospect of returning to college next fall, making some money, and finally, FINALLY getting into some therapy. It's my driving force at the moment, along with about a billion other things. But that's another post. ;)

Til next time,

Justin

Guest Angelgrlsue

Hey sis good subject. I am sitting in my computer chair at home listening to Motorhead, lol, one can never be too old for heavy metal, lol. Okay..now for the rest, I'm feeling kind of blue due to having had to pay off loans I owed and having barely anything left for food this month. At least I paid my rent, that always comes first before anything else. I'm optimistic that I will find work this month. A little worried that my job recruiter will not accept what I have to tell her this month. I'm coming out to her. She does not know that I am transgender.

Suzie

Guest Danilynne

I am......frustrated. Fighting the good fight and being patient, waiting for wife's support that seems to ebb and flow. Using the playground until danilynne con come out.