• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Physical Signs Of Transsexuality?

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

There was a post about this a while back but it's buried. Some transsexuals appear to have physical signs, such as high voiced MTFs and male-heighted FTMs, of being a bit in the middle. Do you have them? If so, what are they? Mine are:

1. My predicted height is 5'8". My dad's height is 5'8" too and so that would be about the height I should have been had I been born genetically male.

2. My voice is very deep for someone who is genetically female. In fact, I've had people tell me that they thought I was a girl until they heard my voice.

3. My foot size, men's 9, is about average for genetic males.

4. My bone structure is broad. My bones, while very wide for a female of my height, are about average size for a male of my height.

5. I have Asperger's Syndrome. Only 1/5 genetic females have Asperger's.

6. I have a square jaw line for a genetic female.

7. I have a lot of body hair for a genetic female.

8. I have about the amount of facial hair a 14 or 15 year old boy would have. I hope this means I'll grow decent facial hair faster because I REALLY want to get muttonchop sideburns.

9. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is caused by excess testosterone for a genetic female.

10. I have a male looking body. I'm so flatchested I don't need to bind as long as I wear a vest over my shirt even though every other female in the family is very well endowed. I also have guy hips, a male waist-to-hip ratio and a guyish butt.

Guest AshleyRF

Eh... I dunno if there are any "signs" of transsexualism. I believe that even in the manliest of men you can find some female characteristic if you look hard enough and in the most feminine of women you can find male characteristics... Humans are such a diverse group.

Guest Donna Jean
You do sound like you have many of the things I'm lacking -

1. 4 inches shorter than my father & brother

2. 40 pounds lighter than my father

3. zero body hair

4. facial hair is minimal - a hint of a moustache

5. undersized male organs

6, some of the "women only" syndromes like sjogrens.

I believe that my mother was prescribed DES while she was carrying me, which would explain alot. Never was able to find out for sure however.

Did you find out the source of your extra testosterone?

Kat

I wonder about that myself, Honey....

My mom was a small woman and I think that was prescribed for her ...

It leads credence to the fact that some of were chemically messed up at birth...

Everyone of us..(MTF-FTM) would like to be able to pin a reason on our condition...

So many people in the world think that it's a life style choice...You all know that it's not!

It is a condition that we were born with....clear and simple!

But, scientifically....it would be nice to know that we were all messed from the start and didn't just decide to be this way!

We didn't!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest ~Brenda~

I'm 5'6".

Hairless legs and arms, and arm pits (thats what people can see).

Hover around the 140-145lb weight mark.

Look young for my age :)

....girlie in many respects....

Dress size 12-14

I'm happy :)

Brenda

I was hyper masculine to the max.

Worked only in male dominated fields.Body built since twenty,until I tore

the muscles on both forearms and couldn't anylonger.Had facial hair.

Sang in rock bands.Went to gentlemens clubs.Had lots of male friends.

Was very macho acting and appearing.Was married and monogymous.

Fathered two little girls.There wasn't even the tinest hint of the woman that

I have become.

Angie

Guest Elizabeth K

Both genders

Tall

Large feet - moderately sized hands

male pattern beer belly (gone now)

no adams apple

pointed chin

no beard except under my chin

longer eyelashes

high cheek bones

very little male brow

Light voice

no body hair

zero balding or hair recession (at age 62)

pretty legs

good arms (someone said)

Donno - a mix

HUmmmm

Lizzy

Guest Robin Winter

Umm...hmm, I have a small skeletal frame, not short, exactly (I'm 5'8") but I have small wrists, very long thin fingers, things like that.

I wouldn't say my body is female shaped, but I personally think that it hints at it, and with HRT I think figure-wise I'll have no trouble passing.

Unfortunately, I have some definite male characteristics that won't be so easy to work around. I have a fair amount of body hair, big feet (well, average for a man, I suppose), and a really deep voice.

I bend in easily because:

Average woman height 5'4"

Small framed,can wear a size small blouse size 6 dress 4/5pant

Small feet 71/2-8 womens

Small hands and wrists

Full head of hair

Light facial hair

No visible adams apple

Angie

Guest AshleyRF
I bend in easily because:

Average woman height 5'4"

Small framed,can wear a size small blouse size 6 dress 4/5pant

Small feet 71/2-8 womens

Small hands and wrists

Full head of hair

Light facial hair

No visible adams apple

Angie

Hey, how do you know what I look like? :)

That is me to the T almost.

i dont think there is any real physical signs of transsexuality the vast majority of trans girls usally have the very typical male build the ones that have natural hight wieght and build of the opposite sex are a rarity when i used to go to trans meetings im usally dwarfed by the other girls there which is no easy feat as im 5'11

have only really ever met two in real life that fit into naturally typical female hieght and over all apperance with out hrt

as for my self my apperance it is N/A starting starting hormones at 14 developed me into the girl i am to day

34-26-37 coupled with my 5'11 hieght lends to a more statuesque build and my being tall isnt to abnormal for girls in my family my aunts cousins mother and sisters are around the 5'9 5'10 mark sept for my middle sister misty who is 5'5 and my father is 6'4 or taller my hieght is about as normal as i could have hoped for

and i know its all due to hormones because my brother and all 4 of my male cousins are 2-3 and 5- years younger than me and look like they are years older not to mention built like grizzly bears have been since they were teenagers puse i look more like my mother than any of my other siblings

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/je.../Picture114.jpg

me at 21

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/je...kewl/mymom2.jpg

my mom at 21

if not for hormones i probly would have looked like this

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/je...wl/DSCF0024.jpg

my cousin richard hes 19 in this picture

*shudders at the thought that she could have turned out like that *

Sakura

You are absolutely correct Sakura,

Women like Ashley and myself are in the minority.

Most all the ladies I know or have met,tend to be tall women.

Well,tall to a shorty like me anyway.(smile)I know some up to

6'6".And they make the 5'11"/6' footers feel good,they aren't

the tallest girl in the room anymore.All my girlfriends tell me they

are envious of my height and frame because I am of the average

height for a woman.And to think I used to wish I was taller.

Angie

you know though i used to be really embarassed about how tall i am but have since gotten over it guys use it as a come on line and i get asked often if im a model or plan to be plus many girls and a few of my girl friends wish they were taller usually not quiet as tall as me 5'8 5'9

funny short people wanna be tall and tall people wanna be short lol

Sakura

Guest CharlieRose

I think that there can be biological signs of transsexuality; some of them have been scientifically proven for us, like H-Y antigens in FTMs and an extra long androgen receptor in MTFs. Who's to say that our brains are the only things feminized/masculinized?

Guest Robin Winter
you know though i used to be really embarassed about how tall i am but have since gotten over it guys use it as a come on line and i get asked often if im a model or plan to be plus many girls and a few of my girl friends wish they were taller usually not quiet as tall as me 5'8 5'9

funny short people wanna be tall and tall people wanna be short lol

Sakura

I was always happy being short :D I actually wish I was shorter :P

while its a possibility im not willing to rule out im coming from the point of view that the number of t girls/transmen that show virtually no phyisical characteristics of the gender they are planning to be far out number the ones that do

i just think that the ones that didnt get hit with the testosterone truck were simply lucky

Sakura

i just think that the ones that didnt get hit with the testosterone truck were simply lucky

Sakura

Here here sister I absolutely agree.

Actually,I think the guys have it harder in some ways.In that they get two orbs on

their chest that they know do not belong.Have a monthly visit that must drive them nuts.

In fact,know it does.Many will never be of average male height,just like us.

Angie

Like sexual preference, gender identity is a continuum and we all fit at one end or the other or someplace in between. These include both psychological (including sexual preference) as well as physical characteristics. Neuro-science is certainly showing some fascinating differences. I was always told I was effeminate. By the time I was in high school I had developed female breasts----taking off my shirt in front of other boys when I was on the "skins" team in gym was a constant dread for me. My dad and brother were into guy things which I never was. The only sport I eventually was good at and enjoyed was tennis. My dad tried to toughen me up by making me play HS football. Oh Lord did I hate that! When I look at my HS senior picture I had a girl's pretty face. It was soooo obvious!! When I was in college one of my friends made the comment that i had hips great for child-bearing!!

Well my own physical attributes are a real mix of male and female. Sexually i am way toward the female end of the spectrum and for me being attracted to males I feel straight, not gay. In relationships my emotions are congruent with my sexual feelings.

That said some of my best friends are more masculine appearing lesbians. It's like we have this natural connection. My closest friends have always been women. When I had a close male friend I was always strongly sexually attracted to him and these were straight guys so never expressed my true feelings--though there were the one time "accidental" encounters.

So now besides having fully developed female breasts and big hips I still have long, thick eyelashes---and with a little mascara......

ricka

1) I have the suspicion my body hair exceeds that of 'normal' females.

2) and my face is, I think, quite androgynous. I've been mistaken for a male even with long hair.

3) Have bigger feet than the women but smaller than the men in the family.

4) If it's also physical - you could argue psychological - I seem to 'do' more with the 'male' parts of the brain than the regular woman - if I do online tests going 'are you a man or a woman' I'm always more man than woman. You know what I mean? But my brain's weird anyway because I'm not-exactly-but-more-than-most-people two-handed.

5) I'm 'broad-boned' or whatchamacallit.

6) I'm not even sure if female nipples/breasts are supposed to be more sensitive than those of males --- but mine just aren't. Sensitive. *notes down: look op erogenous zones males vs femals*

For the rest I'm not that lucky... have the height and figure of the females in the family (short and fat on da thighs).

Guest Mr.Yoav

I am pleasantly hairy.

I have a lot more muscle than a lot of girls my age.

I'm tall, and still growing.

I've got wide enough shoulders.

And chin fuzz!!!!!

Guest nymphblossom

Thank you posting, praisedbeherhooves! I remember the thread, but IIRC, it was geared towards MTF. There is a wide overlap between male and female characteristics, but you certainly lean towards those that are typically associated with men. It would be interesting to find if you are intersexed. Regardless, you are very fortunate!

Blossom