• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nanowrimo

Guest InkCloud

Guest InkCloud

Hey all. I was hanging around on here, while simultaneously trying to find the inspiration I will undoubtedly need for next month, and it got me wondering. Is anyone else on these forums doing the National Novel Writing Month in November? It's basically a writing challenge where you take one month (November) and try to complete a 50,000 word minimum novel. It doesn't have to be good, it's just a kamikaze month of writing with reckless abandon. If anyone likes to write, seriously or just for the fun of it, I strongly recommend it. It's a huge rush. Besides, it lets you connect with other writers in your area and around the country. It's a great distraction too. You basically get to vacate your life for a month. What could be better than that? :D

So if anyone is interested just look up NaNoWriMo and you'll get their website. Create your free account and you're ready to go!

Oh, and if anyone is doing it and wants to be writing buddies, PM me and I'll give you my username!

Forward!

Justin

P.S. No, this post isn't about books. Not published ones anyway, but I didn't know where else to put it. :P

Guest Robin Winter

I suspect it qualifies B)

I've considered it in past years, but now, I just don't have that kind of free time. I think it's something I might like to do someday though.

Good luck with yours though :) Maybe you could share when it's done :D

*Hugs*

Guest Jean Davis

Hi Justin

That sounds like a wonderful idea.

Though I'm not much of a writer, but if you would like to run some ideas past me I would love to help. Perhaps we could brainstorm together if you get writers block or something like that. :P

Anyways best of luck

LUV

Jean

Hey wow!! I've been doing nano for fou/five years now! Failed last few years as uni work majorly got in the way but i love it. Sooo much fun! Its so cool that others from here might be doing it.

Justin - what kinda thing do you write? When i'm allowed to PM i may get back to you on that. Have you anything worked out for next month or are you free wheelin'

Kaz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)

• KatieSC
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryEllen
    • Cyndee
    • Timi
    • Aggie1
    • Ashley0616
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Maddee
    • Birdie
    • Amy Powell
    • Lydia_R
    • SamC
    • April Marie
    • Betty K
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LillyZ
    Newest Member
    LillyZ

1. avery78
      avery78
    2. blinkyrtx
      blinkyrtx
      (25 years old)
    3. Heather Shay
      Heather Shay
      (72 years old)
    4. hormonedifficientin2ways
      hormonedifficientin2ways
    5. IMTH
      IMTH
    • KatieSC
      Even if the initiative failed, and even if the Democrats take a sweep of the House, Senate, and Presidency, I think we are still going to face many years of backlash. We need to figure out how to win over the hearts and minds of everyday people. We know that we will always exist. The incidence of being transgender is not going to wither away, but getting the attitudes to change after so much polarization will be hard. There are people out there that hate our very existence. While we push for acceptance, there will continue to be points that are unpalatable to the public.    If we take an adversarial approach to our acceptance, I am afraid it will cause further derision. The public at large needs to see us being more like they are, and see us successful, rather than being portrayed in a negative light. Even if we survive the political upheaval of this year, I suspect we will see more of the same when the election in 2028 occurs. If it is not more Trump, it will be his sycophantic disciples. We should be prepared for the long haul. 
    • Birdie
      Not wearing them yet, but I have these ordered:   I'll pick them up Saturday
    • KatieSC
      It would be fitting if he took a dip in the ocean while he is up there in Massachusetts and the great white eats him. Maybe it is just me, but tell me again how this guy is supposed to be a great actor?? I just do not get that vibe. It is mind of matter. It is my mind and he doesn't matter.
    • KatieSC
      Slide rules ruled. Wow, that takes me back to the 70s. We actually had to solve problems with longhand in some situations. No calculators where I was. They were just beginning to emerge. My dad had a simple calculator that could add, subtract, multiply, and divide. That was state of the art for the time. Reading was actually required to get through school. There were no PCs, no YouTube, no Google. VHF antennas ruled. Few folks had cable. I would take that all over again. 
    • Lydia_R
      SPOCK: Life as we know it is universally based on some combination of carbon compounds, but what if life exists based on another element? For instance, silicon.
    • Lydia_R
      Welcome @Arushi!  My opinion is there is no right/wrong about this.  You know, it's natural for people to perceive you differently and act differently if you present differently than you normally do.  My Zen meditation background makes it easy for me to just do my own thing, but you know, if you go out in public you also have to deal with other people and their thing.  That reminds me of the stoic books I've been reading the last few years that talk about being in a "forum".  So this is a virtual forum here and being here was a step in bringing my transgender side out into the public.   Hugs, Lydia
    • Timi
      @Arushi - Actually, to put it more simply, a friend of mine had a phrase that became very important to me.    How can it be wrong when it feels so right?
    • Timi
      Thank you for sharing, @Arushi. I'm hearing how in your element you feel when dressed as a woman. I think that the feelings you have are the best answer to your questions.    In my journey, I'm finding that once I started opening up to myself and to other people, things started to change within me, sometimes unpredictably. Some of the best advice that I have received is to be gentle to myself.    I am glad you found this group and I hope you find support and community here.    -Timi
    • Mirrabooka
      "We have no knowledge of who the hell we are, and if we don't get it back soon we're all going to die," Dreyfuss said in a video captured at the event.   Richard Dreyfuss's comments on women and LGBTQIA+ community at Jaws event prompts cinema to apologise - ABC News   His shrill comments have exposed him as someone who has lost the plot.
    • Betty K
      You are so welcome Charlize. I think it is too late for that hope, though. On release of the Cass review the New York Times called Hilary Cass "the hero we need in these times". I hate to think what the right is going to do with this, and I know it has already been referred to by those justifying bans on gender-affirming care in the US.
    • Timi
      Oh wow! Congratulations to you too, @Mirrabooka!
    • Davie
    • Lydia_R
      I'm moving and my house is almost empty except for my two homemade MAME systems!  I should be in here alone with them for at least a month!
    • Charlize
      Thank you for your service and efforts for the community! I hope our right wing doesn't take this "stud\y" as a talking point.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Day off today,my boss has to go to a funeral.A great aunt of his he was close with passed.Going to go to the high school I went and graduated at 27 years ago seeing a teacher I had whom I never seen after I graduated.She is retiring and we got in touch online.Said I will come up and  did tell her I changed big time.Took it well
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.