• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ftm Drag Queens

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Well I had this dream that I was at a drag show and one of the drag queens was sick. The manager begged me to replace the drag queen but I said it would send out mixed signals. He then told me about a famous (in reality nonexistant) FTM drag queen named RuBob. When I woke up I started wondering if there had ever been an FTM drag queen. I mean, FTMs come in the same variety as genetic men so it is possible. Do you know of any? I'm curious.

Guest Martin

There are FTM drag queens (a man born in a female body who wears women's clothing for performance purposes). I'm not one of them, but I've seen people like that post in other communities.

Well for those of you are new here you might not have seen him because we had a member here who was transitioning from Female to Male and on Saturdays he would dress up in drag (flamboyant clothing and makeup very exaggerated mannerisms) and go to the clubs.

So I would have to say that there are indeed FTM Drag Queens because I have had a number of conversations with one and he hinted that he was not alone at this in the clubs that he went to.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ChalenAustin
What I really meant by FTM drag queen was a FTM transsexual dressing up in drag (by drag I mean women's clothing) to perform.

Drag is moving in that direction more and more- you want to be confused now.

I actually want to preform on stage for a living through comedy and lip synch preformances ;)

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who wants to have a male body but be able to cross dress in women's clothing but still be obviously male.

At the moment he finds that when he dresses male he passes less than if he dresses female - 'cause he is on T but still has some very feminine attributes, if he dresses in drag now he sort of flips people a curve ball because they think he must be a regular bloke dressing as a woman... :lol: Of course, it wouldn't make sense to most people for an FTM to want to dress in woman's clothing post transition. Once people have got their head round transitioning, they want everybody who does it to be exactly the same, otherwise they wig out again :huh:

Guest praisedbeherhooves
I have a friend who wants to have a male body but be able to cross dress in women's clothing but still be obviously male.

At the moment he finds that when he dresses male he passes less than if he dresses female - 'cause he is on T but still has some very feminine attributes, if he dresses in drag now he sort of flips people a curve ball because they think he must be a regular bloke dressing as a woman... :lol: Of course, it wouldn't make sense to most people for an FTM to want to dress in woman's clothing post transition. Once people have got their head round transitioning, they want everybody who does it to be exactly the same, otherwise they wig out again :huh:

I like androgynous clothing when I'm going to a gay social group or something or to a show or someplace hip. I occasionally dress in girl's clothing but I bind during it. I have a friend who is a crossdresser and who is FTM. I posted a question about FTM crossdressers on a ftm group at vampirefreaks.com and a few people replied saying they crossdress but identify fully as male. I suspect that the amount of crossdressing FTMs is about the same as crossdressing bio-males.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nicodeme

I know an FTM who's also a drag queen.

He also taught me how to make french toast. :P

I'd post a few pictures of him, but I have to ask if he's okay with that first.

I actually always kinda wanted to do drag...but when I first got the urge...I was already kinda growing boobs. <_<

Guest Larson

I've seen quite a few posts on here from FTM drag queens (maybe from the same person?)

I think I probably would do that post-transition, but right now I'm totally more focused on dressing like a drag king. Presenting as male makes me so happy. :)

Whenever I was little, I refused to wear dresses during normal girl things (like church), but I liked to dress up in frilly things in secret. I still get oddly turned on by that. It is so having intercourse confusing to be a man born in a girl's body who likes men and wants to dress like a woman. AH GENDER DYSPHORIA TO THE MAX!!

Guest Elizabeth K

We had a member here - a FTM - who said he was a DRAG KING. I don't know if that counts.

I always associated the word drag with "exaggerated efforts' to present as the opposite gender - a parody.

I suppose some who feel they are gender dysphoric DO perform as 'female impersonators' to survive. I am not sure if that means as 'Drag Queens."

In the book and movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" there was a real peson - Lady Chabli" who had a female impersonation act. And she was taking estrogen. But how could she be classified? I think she was either transsexual and trying to earn a living - or - androgynous, as she seemingly referred to 'hidding my candy' (male parts) and even wrote a book with that title.

So who knows

Lizzy

Guest Ryles_D

A FtM can do anything a man can- so of course they can be drag queens. There's a pretty big difference between being/presenting as a woman and doing drag.

Guest Elizabeth K
A FtM can do anything a man can- so of course they can be drag queens. There's a pretty big difference between being/presenting as a woman and doing drag.

Good point! Never thought of it that way!

Lizzy

Guest Nicodeme

Well, yeah, but there are also (cisgender) women who are drag queens. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_queen

The whole point about drag is exaggerating gendered stereotypes, so if anyone were to put on a ridiculously feminine act, complete with flamboyant clothing and makeup, xe'd be a drag queen, even if xe was, well...a she. And if xe were to behave in a very tongue-in-cheek, hyper-masculine way, xe'd be a drag king, even if xe were a he.

If that makes sense.

My aunt goes to a nearby gay bar for the drag shows, and she's friends with a lot of the performers. I got to meet a few of them once and watch them perform at another event at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia. They're all very nice ladies...or whatever the correct term for them would be. I usually default to feminine pronouns and titles for a queen when she's in action, so...yeah.

I figure I might as well get something of a start as far as doing drag, so I'm tempted to see if my aunt and her friends can hook a broth--...sis--...SIBLING up. XD

(I don't think I can call myself anything female even in a drag context until I've had the chest growthy thingies lopped off. >_> )

• 7 months later...
Guest DixiePixie

Ah, I was happy to find this thread, since sometimes I have trouble explaining this concept to people...when I dress in feminine clothes and wear make-up, I feel like I'm crossdressing, and I really enjoy dressing and appearing this way! Wearing feminine clothes, or androgynous / gender-neutral makes me happier than overtly masculine attire, and I feel like I am of course still male all the while. I really liked RuPaul when I was a little kid :P and I entertained the idea of being a drag queen "if only I was a boy". Finding out about faux queens (cis female drag queens) was reassuring too, and of course when it fully sunk in that there are heterosexual and homosexual male crossdressers who wear womens' clothing, but not because they somehow identify as women. Because I like wearing girly clothes so frequently though and I am non-op / no-ho, passing as male is an impossibility to me at the moment - I wish I knew how to be perceived as a crossdressing guy, ack!

Guest thefireship

I... love drag queens. So much so that I suppose I might be considered an admirer. Really, I just want to be the guy who brings them tea, helps them get ready for a night out, hands her tissues when something goes wrong and clears the crowds out of the way so she can make her entrance. Basically I turn into a less flamboyant version of Agador from The Birdcage. ;p

As far as pondering trying drag after transitioning? I've certainly thought about it. Whenever I did go out and dress up (as female) it never felt like me, however, I could still tell if I looked good or not. If I looked good, I got into it as if it were an act. It really was like putting on a whole character and I do think it would be fun to try at some point down the road as an act that was more purposeful. I just couldn't fathom trying that at this point though. Like poor Agador, I am just not ready for the big time. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 103 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • MaryEllen
    • MirandaB
    • Petra Jane
    • Karen Carey