• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally Happened...

Guest Robin Winter

Guest Robin Winter

I called my mother last night, cuz I was upset about something else and needed to talk. As is natural for her, she deftly turned the conversation to what it was I wanted to talk about (which I'd said repeatedly I really felt needed to be done in person). She said she could see it was really bothering me, and from past conversations she knew it was something I feared would change what she thought of me. She said she couldn't think of anything that would make her love me any less. She said she loved me unconditionally and I would always be her boy... At that point I didn't say anything, but you all know what I was thinking. Then out of the blue she said "Are you getting a sex change?" and she started laughing, she was completely joking. But my stomach dropped into my socks and I couldn't talk for about 5 minutes. She kept saying "are you there? What's wrong?" until I finally said, "Nothing is wrong, you're just right." It took me a few minutes to convince her I was serious, but when I finally did, she said "Is that what you've done all that worrying for? I just want you to be happy, and if that's what it takes I'm behind you 100%." She couldn't believe I was worried about it. I almost died (and I did start crying). She asked me a bit about it and then later she called me again, maybe 15 or 20 minutes later, and said she told my Step dad about it, and he was fine with it too.

I can't express how relieved I am, and now that this is out of the way, I'm sure I'll have no trouble coming out to other family.

^_^

*Hugs*

Shi

Guest brenda lee
I called my mother last night, cuz I was upset about something else and needed to talk. As is natural for her, she deftly turned the conversation to what it was I wanted to talk about (which I'd said repeatedly I really felt needed to be done in person). She said she could see it was really bothering me, and from past conversations she knew it was something I feared would change what she thought of me. She said she couldn't think of anything that would make her love me any less. She said she loved me unconditionally and I would always be her boy... At that point I didn't say anything, but you all know what I was thinking. Then out of the blue she said "Are you getting a sex change?" and she started laughing, she was completely joking. But my stomach dropped into my socks and I couldn't talk for about 5 minutes. She kept saying "are you there? What's wrong?" until I finally said, "Nothing is wrong, you're just right." It took me a few minutes to convince her I was serious, but when I finally did, she said "Is that what you've done all that worrying for? I just want you to be happy, and if that's what it takes I'm behind you 100%." She couldn't believe I was worried about it. I almost died (and I did start crying). She asked me a bit about it and then later she called me again, maybe 15 or 20 minutes later, and said she told my Step dad about it, and he was fine with it too.

I can't express how relieved I am, and now that this is out of the way, I'm sure I'll have no trouble coming out to other family.

^_^

*Hugs*

Shi

Shi, Sweetie,Congradulations on the sucess .I have been thinking of ways to tell my mom , about me being transgender.LOL BrendaLee

• Admin

Shilo, that is such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.

Having the support of your family is so important to moving forward in your

transition. It is a rare thing and should be treasured.

Here's a big hug for you, Hon.

BIG HUGG!!

Oh, and here is one box of Kleenex for you, and another box for Jean! :P

I should set up a road side tissue stand here in the forums. I'll make a ton of $$!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Robin Winter

*grins* Thanks everyone, I just hope the others go as smoothly. I think my big sister is my next target. I owe her an apology anyway, so I might as well make it a 2fer.

*Hugs*

Shi

Guest Robin Winter
Oh, and here is one box of Kleenex for you, and another box for Jean! :P

I should set up a road side tissue stand here in the forums. I'll make a ton of $$!

Carolyn Marie

OMG, Yes! Um....I might be looking for a job soon, you hiring??

*laughs*

^_^

Congratulations for that great step and for the great outcome.

I wish you the best luck when speaking with your sister and with everyone else you decide to come out to.

Regards,

Ethain

Guest Kayliegh

Shilo -

That's wonderful!

Congratulations! I know you've been emotional about eveything, but what a great "step" - in the right direction, for you, your mom and your step dad!

I'm so proud and happy for you!!!

Where's the champagne!!! – Oh, I mean the cookies and cocoa! ;)

Love ya! - Kayleigh

Guest Robin Winter

*dumps soda water in Kayleigh's cocoa* Der we go, chocolate champagne! ^_^

Thanks so much!

*Hugs*

I'm getting tired of waiting for my sister to call me (It's been a whole 26 hours!), I think I might send her a note on Facebook.

That is wonderful Shilo!

Your Mommy may prove to be your biggest advocate.

And to think,you stressed over telling her for so long.

I am sooo happy for you.

Big Hugs,

Angie

Guest Robin Winter
That is wonderful Shilo!

Your Mommy may prove to be your biggest advocate.

And to think,you stressed over telling her for so long.

I am sooo happy for you.

Big Hugs,

Angie

Ya ya, don't rub it in :P

^_^

*Big Hugs back*

Shi

Guest Robin Winter

Update to this. My parents and youngest sister came to visit last night. I really thought my stepfather would act different, despite his verbal acceptance, but he didn't. At all. He acted just as he always does.

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or a sign that he doesn't take it seriously lol.

Oh well.

Guest AlexanderG

^_^

*Hugs*

Shi

Friggin.... wow. Nothing else to add.

Guest Robin Winter

^_^

Next is my big sister, I've already told her I have something I need to tell her, we're just trying to figure out when we can get together. Thursday night was my first time speaking with her for about 2 years, we had a bit of a falling out, so this one is gonna be a bit harder.