• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Surgery So Far

Guest Synyster

Guest Synyster

I had my first procedure back in March were an abdominal flap was raised and hysterectomy was performed.

Begining of August my surgeon attempted to do the radial artery and urethroplasty in one, but due to complication only the radial artery part of the surgery was performed so I have the artery laying across the top of my penis at present. Unfortunately the flap of skin that had been raised was way too big to fully perform this operation( flap was raised by a differant surgeon ). So due to the resulting girth this caused the complication. I was in theater for nearly 12 hours and ended up in High Dependancy afterwards, I also required 2 units of blood. I recovered rapidly after surgery and felt like my normal self. I still havent any sensitivity from waist down but I saw my surgeon recently and he said thats normal at this point.

I have my next procedure planned for begining of December were the urethroplasty will be performed and size of penis thinned out so girth isnt so big. Also if hes been given go ahead to do my top surgery he is going to do that at the same time.

I really hope he gets the go ahead as been having problems over what surgeon gets to do it for 2 years now and its kinda crazy my bottom being done first.

Will update this in December :)

• 2 months later...
Guest Synyster

7th December I had my Urethroplasty done. This involved tubing the phallus then performing labial urethroplasty. Surgery went well I was out 24 hours after surgery. However I developed an infection and am still currently on antibiotics. Unfortunately the sutures didnt do anything in many places so the wound hasnt been healing up properly. So I will probably need a revision to sort it before hook up is done . I wont know till I see my surgeon again early in new year. So am swollen on one side and bruised just hoping it goes down.