• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hormones Or Anti-androgens

Guest Ariana

I've been kind of wondering, because I'd like to not have the evil hormone "testosterone" to deepen my voice. Soon, would be the ideal, since my voice is still kinda normal, I haven't taken the plunge of doom yet! But, I'm wayy too scared to come out to my parents yet, so I really don't know if there are any other ways to start on estrogen, or at least anti-androgens, in say, a few weeks or so from today. And I don't even know if I would qualify for hormones anyway, they might not like my suicidal tendencies all that much, I've got to say. Uhm, and if possibly, is there a way to know what dose I should take, or is that a doctor thing? I swear, with all my heart, I'll be careful not to overdose if it is a "doctor thing".

Thank you sooo much in advance!

• Root Admin

Yeah, it's a doctor thing. Taking hormones of any kind unsupervised is a dangerous and often deadly thing to do. What could be a safe dosage for one person could be quite deadly for another. Don't do it.

Talk to you doctor.

MaryEllen

if you are planning to see a dr and you are a minor you will need your parents consent no doctor worth his medical license will give you such mind bending life altering drugs with out both you and your parents knowing the full scope of what they do

and even before you get to that point you would need to talk to a therapist that has a pretty good amount of knowledge about GID for any were from 3-8 months or longer probly longer since you say you have suicidal tendencies and before they would write you a letter they would probly requier seeing your parents getting thier thoughts and feeling about you being trans ect ect

i dont like pushing teens one way or the other but if you want to seriously take hrt at your age you need to come out to your parents they are the only ones in the world that can get the ball rolling for you

Sakue

I reckon you should talk to your parents and be 100% clear. I told mine not long ago and the hardest thing for them was that I'd kept something bottled up for so long and that I had felt I couldn't tell them. (They wished that I had and were sorry that I couldn't.)

Let them know how long you've thought about it and how it's impacted on your life and what you want to do. As my mum said to me when I told them, "Once you've got a child you can't help but love it, no matter what it does." :)

I've been kind of wondering, because I'd like to not have the evil hormone "testosterone" to deepen my voice. Soon, would be the ideal, since my voice is still kinda normal, I haven't taken the plunge of doom yet! But, I'm wayy too scared to come out to my parents yet, so I really don't know if there are any other ways to start on estrogen, or at least anti-androgens, in say, a few weeks or so from today. And I don't even know if I would qualify for hormones anyway, they might not like my suicidal tendencies all that much, I've got to say. Uhm, and if possibly, is there a way to know what dose I should take, or is that a doctor thing? I swear, with all my heart, I'll be careful not to overdose if it is a "doctor thing".

Thank you sooo much in advance!

Hi there Ariana, hope Im doin this right as its my first time . Good idea to let your folks know the situation. Re. hormones etc. , your doctor will most likely send you for a blood test

to check all is well . (Goin for mine end of Oct.) If all is ok with your health you will start an Androgen blocker and the preferred hormone regime of your doctor or his/her adviser.

Re. your ideas of suicide, you know its a good idea to talk to a counselor about those . You most likely have plenty of time to transition so take it easy on yourself. My 2 cents , hope

you get there . best of luck, viv.

Thank you everyone. *Sigh* Whatever ahaha. I guess I was just being impulsive yesterday after a freak out attack, I can't sing as high as I used to :( Eight months... I'll sound like a whale after that amount of time...

Oh god, now I'm crying again. I'm so sorry everyone. Oh, and viv, if you haven't mentioned it being your first time... I'd never have known! :P

Guest Donna Jean
Thank you everyone. *Sigh* Whatever ahaha. I guess I was just being impulsive yesterday after a freak out attack, I can't sing as high as I used to :( Eight months... I'll sound like a whale after that amount of time...

Oh god, now I'm crying again. I'm so sorry everyone. Oh, and viv, if you haven't mentioned it being your first time... I'd never have known! :P

Smart girl.......

I knew you had it in ya!

We tell you these things 'cause we love you....not to get in your case or make you cry.....OK?

LOVE

Donna Jean

As my mum said to me when I told them, "Once you've got a child you can't help but love it, no matter what it does." :)

Ah but the streets are full of the girls whose parents could not handle the thought

of their(son) becoming a girl.Go about this the right way.I would have a heart to heart

with your mother.Explain how you feel inside and ask for the help of professionals.

That way,if this truly is your path,your mom can be there to hear for herself it is not

all in your mind but a very real condition of gender identity issues.

Angie

That's another problem... I don't know how I'm going to tell my mother, because she told me before that she's so lucky to have a son, and I'm scared of letting her down.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• AllieJ
    • April Marie
    • MAN8791
    • Vidanjali
    • VickySGV
    • SamC
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Lydia_R
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Adamtoeve
      Adamtoeve
      (38 years old)
    2. Andy C.
      Andy C.
      (22 years old)
    3. Asher the Enby Goddex
      Asher the Enby Goddex
      (23 years old)
    4. camerashy
      camerashy
      (52 years old)
    5. Stacy S.
      Stacy S.
      (55 years old)
    • Vidanjali
      To be the witness Of thoughts, words, deeds done by Thee, Dispassionately.
    • VickySGV
      Sounds like time for a new Body Technician hopefully one that is actually a Doctor Of Medicine, this one you describe is short of that mark.
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi Lydia, I had McAfee before on my other computer and it allowed over 19 viruses to come in yikes lol
    • Ladypcnj
      I've been seeing my new treating doctor for quite some time now, whenever I'm advised to make an appointment. When it comes to seeing a new treating doctor, hard part is starting all over again building trust between patient and doctor. On my first day seeing my new treating doctor, before I could say anything else to her, she explained to me I needed to be completely honest with her. I kind of expected that type of patient profiling response from her, since she doesn't specialize in intersex care. Anyway, I sat down in the chair as I explained to my new doctor, I don't have all of my hospital records, certain records from my childhood and teenager years are mysteriously missing regarding a surgery. After my examination was over, she disregarded or showed no interest in searching for my missing medical records, but instead she blamed me for how I take care of my health today. 
    • April Marie
      Saturday night @ 9PM Eastern.   PM @Susan R to be added to the list.  
    • Mmindy
      Yes, I will be volunteering at my city's PRIDE EVENTS, and attending several other events in the communities around my area.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KymmieL
      Had a customer bring in her Subie for struts. I ordered fronts. later yesterday, the boss called me into the shop. the proceeds to say I ordered the wrong ones, the fronts instead of rears. Then today I got looking I did order the right ones the first time. All the paper work that I have says front even the last work order said fronts. I told the other boss. So, Have I gotten a sorry from the boss. Ha, ha, not yet. I am doubting I will ever get one.   Oh, well. life goes on.   Kymmie
    • Emily Chen
      Any incoming zoom meeting?
    • RaineOnYourParade
      While I agree with a lot of the campaign personally, I don't think a government-mandated reduction in childbirth is really necessary. As a young person, I hardly know anyone who wants to be a parent in the future. I think a lot of people will either be waiting a while or not having kids at all, meaning that the number of kids being born will probably decrease. Overcrowding's also mostly an urban issue -- plenty of places in rural America have plenty of space for both people and growing food.    Of course, everyone sees things differently, so I won't necessarily say you're wrong. I just think my generation is a lot less inclined to the family mindset than some that came before us. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      To me, it sounds like a solution searching for a problem.  I believe in the Russian perspective, that oil is abiotic and likely under every part of the Earth's surface.  There's plenty.  "Peak oil" and "climate" are excuses for government control.   As for roads, we use asphalt because tar and bitumen are a byproduct of fuel production, not the other way around.  Asphalt is not a great material, really.  It can also be recycled somewhat and used again.  Notice how road crews grind down existing asphalt into powder? Concrete is a better material for roads.  But in areas like where I live, very little of our roads are paved.  Gravel is a luxury, and a lot of roads are mud.  Same in many "developing" nations.  Pavement is better for transport, but its not like we would die without it.  Lack of pavement might actually be a good thing, as people might stay home more and food might be grown locally instead of relying on transportation.  It would stop this wacky idea of growing everything in California.     I believe the big crisis we face is globalism and government control.  Proposing some scheme to control our families? That's just more of the same.  Even if folks managed to get enough votes (or rig enough elections) to get the power to do that, it won't be as VP or president of the USA in its current 50-state form.  
    • VickySGV
      The months of June has already been planned out for me with only minimal time for sleep between the Trans Chorus Of Los Angeles and the various communities around me that are in the service area of the LGBTQ  Center I was on the Board of Directors of that are having Pride Events, both LGBTQ Pride and Trans Pride stand alone events.
    • Justine76
      Very cool. I've been clumsily navigating the world of makeup so this may help. Some of the tutorials on YouTube are so advanced, they may as well be speaking Klingon :P  
    • Lydia_R
      I've realized that our laptops are using much less plastic than they used to.  They are smaller devices that use less raw materials and are easier to ship and hold up better in shipping than bigger computers with removable parts.  They seem to have gotten rid of the overheating/fan problem for the most part, but there is a performance hit for that.  I use a 10yo desktop computer with a moderate level gaming video card to run 3 monitors.  I'm a producer though and most consumers have no need for that.   I really haven't watched TV since the 80's.  I spend some time researching on the internet and then I spend a lot of time meditating on the objects in my environment and on the streets.  From living on the streets for a year, I've learned that people can say anything and can control you, but the laws of physics and mathematics are outside of that and really even transcend time itself.  After people would not support my music, I built my life as a software engineer based on mathematics and engineering.  I've had a moderately successful career with that and have written code for many different industries.   The problem with stopping oil usage is that if we still need the bitumen to pave our roads and shingle our houses, then what do we do with the gas when we refine it?  There are natural deposits of bitumen, but you know, with so many people out there, demand is huge and we are using this stuff up.  If you grow corn for corn syrup, then what do you do with the cobs?  We've shipped coffee and bananas all over the world.  We took material from those environments.  What do we do now?  How long can it last?
    • Mmindy
      @Lydia_R I know you're doing the best you can, and I wish you the best.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Ashley0616
      I think that threats that can be proven should be incarcerated for half the sentence of the one they would commit if carried out.  Lies unfortunately are just words unless as you stated if not under oath. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.