• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Introductions

Guest scooby

hi everyone-

my names scooby and im really nervous!

im in my 40 s and i feel im a cross between trans/bi-gendered and adroygenous/

im sure time will tell what i am-

i was born in a f body and have been on t for about six months!

ive come to laurahs playground because-basically-id like to talk to others in my posision and im extreemly lonely at the moment!

i am in touch with a support group but i thought that id also like to meet others in my posision aswell-

and this seems like a realy big group!

scooby x

Guest Jean Davis

Welcome to the family Scooby

Don't be nervous honey, we don't bite. :lol:

At least I don't think we do, perhaps I should ask around a bit first. :D

As far as the name thing, don't worry about that. You'll figure that out in time, there's no rush.

And if you have any questions feel free to ask, we'll be happy to answer them the best we can. :P

Some more of the family sould be here shortly to say Hi.

In the mean time read a couple of topics and perhaps post a comment or two. ;)

We would just love to hear from you. :D

LUV

Jean

• Admin

Hi, Scooby and welcome to Laura's. It's nice to meet you.

You're right, this site has a LOT of members, many of whom identify as androgynous. We even have a

Forum just for androgynes, so check it out if you haven't already.

You mentioned that you're on T but didn't mention a therapist or doctor. I do hope that you have both,

or certainly are under a doctor's supervision for the T, as going it alone is VERY dangerous.

I know you will meet lots of friends here, so have fun exploring the site and posting any questions or

comments that you have. After five posts you can send private messages (PMs) to other members too.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean
Welcome to the family Scooby

Don't be nervous honey, we don't bite. :lol:

LUV

Jean

Jean...how many times do I have to tell you? We DO bite.....just not too hard!

Hello, Scooby!

Nice to meet you, Hon....

Hey, would you care for a hunk of pizza and a cold drink?

Have a seat and kick off your shoes and we'll get you all settled in....OK?

As Jean said...be sure to post and do read a lot of the topics ..there is a lot here!

People here are always eager to meet new folks and will be here shortly to say "Hi"....

Make yourself comfy and ....

Welcome to the Playground!

HUGGS!!

Donna Jean

• Root Admin
thankyou Jean-

can i just ask please-how privite is this group?

scooby x

Hello Scooby,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. As far as privacy goes, all new members have to be approved by an administrator before being allowed to join. All posts must be approved by a moderator before they will appear in the forums. If you make a post and don't see it right away, don't worry. It will appear as soon as a moderator reads and approves it. Hope this answered your question.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Jean Davis
thankyou Jean-

can i just ask please-how privite is this group?

scooby x

Hi honey

I'm not really sure what you mean here. Are you asking if family can become members?

Or are you worried about your personal information.

LUV

Jean

Guest Amanda joan

Hello Scooby,

I am glad you have joined us. I know what you are feeling, only I am at the oposite side a lady in a mans body. I am unsure of my sexuality also. It is a very confusing place to be. You need to relax and take it slow. We all want to make changes in our life and it is hard to figure out what to do first. I have come to realize that there is a lot you can do that does not cost a lot. I started by openning myself up to some friends that I knew I could trust. Gay friends know what it is like to have to hide who you are from the world. They can be a great source for conversation when you need to let some of this out. Speaking what is on your mind is a wonderful way to get clairity for yourself. I also have choosen to do things that will help me as I begin my transition. Making small changes to your hair and the way that you talk can bring a good sense of relief to a confussed mind.

So sit back and relax you have found a good place to be yourself.

I have brought you a dish of chocolates, so please enjoy some.

Peace & LOve Amanda

Guest Jean Davis
thankyou everyone-x

yep jean-im asking about personal information

scooby x

Well honey all of your personal info is safe. Only posts can be seen if not a member, so if you don't want it public don't put it in a post or topic. You can check this out for yourself just by logging off and viewing the site.

The rest of the members have access to your Profile and Album but that's it.

And as Mary Ellen said all new members are screened, so it is really safe.

Hope this answers your questions

LUV

Jean

sorry-it might of look like i was just shouting-i wasnt-

im scared and a bit paronoid-cos theres more to this-

and i need to know im safe before i say anymore!

scooby x

Guest Jean Davis
hi JEAN-

EXUSE MY IGNORANCE[AND FEAR]BUT ARE YOU SAYING ANYONE CAN SEE THESE POSTS?-

COS YOU SAY POSTS CAN BE SEEN IF NOT A MEMBER!

SCOOBY X

Yep, but they have no access to who you really are.

WELL-WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS-HOW CAN I ASK QUESTIONS ECT WITHOUT IT BEING PUBLIC-JUST IN THE GROUP

SCOOBY X

Well, just ask, no one knows your true identity.

sorry-it might of look like i was just shouting-i wasnt-

im scared and a bit paronoid-cos theres more to this-

and i need to know im safe before i say anymore!

scooby x

I wouldn't worry about it. You know how many people use the nick name scooby. No one will know who you are.

LUV

Jean

thankyou jean x

well ok-ill start again then!

im scooby-and im in my 40s and im a girlie male-

i think this is a cross between trans/bi-gendered/androyginis-

im happy to be how i am-

im just me-and its took a long time to get here!

but-im a single parent also bringing up a very young transchild-

i also have other adult children who are gay/trans-

this causes diffuculties-and i feel on my own-

hence me joining lauras playground!

scooby x

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Scooby :)

Welcome hon, to Laura's Playground!!!

You have come to the right place ot meet like kinded people like yourself. We all here totally understand and accept all people in the gender spectrum. Also, help and support for all those at every stage of their awareness. You will find that the support here at Laura's is unparalleled!!!

Stick around hon, and learn more about yourself as you learn more about us.

So post to the forums hon!!!

Love

Brenda

Guest ~Brenda~
thankyou jean x

well ok-ill start again then!

im scooby-and im in my 40s and im a girlie male-

i think this is a cross between trans/bi-gendered/androyginis-

im happy to be how i am-

im just me-and its took a long time to get here!

but-im a single parent also bringing up a very young transchild-

i also have other adult children who are gay/trans-

this causes diffuculties-and i feel on my own-

hence me joining lauras playground!

scooby x

Hi again Scooby,

I think that you would benefit from the Parent's forum too. Read the topics there to see that you are not alone.

Love

Brenda

Guest ~Brenda~
thankyou Brenda[blowin a kiss-hope you dont mind]

scooby x

No problem at all scooby. I love kisses :)

First hon, I want you to know that you are very safe here. Laura's is by far the safest TG support site on the planet. No non-member can see your profile page nor your avatar on your posts. Additionally, with an obscure name as scooby, no one would ever connect that name with you. So don't worry!! You probably have noticed that posts must be previewed before made visible. At Laura's the moderators, review ALL posts/topics before approving them to be viewable to the membership. The reason for that is safety. We do not condone inappropriate language, images, pronouns. We will cath and stop any mistaken post that has identifiable information in it that can work against a member. As moderators, it is our job to maintain the peace, to protect and serve here at Laura's and we all take that job very seriously. We also are a listening ear. So if you have some troubles that you want to talk to someone about, but don't want to post to all of the members, remember we are only a PM away :)

In short, I guarantee your safety :)

You mentioned that you have transgendered kids. If I may ask, what has been done to address their gender dysphoria? Are they actively transitioning? DO they need assistance with their gender identity? Keep in mind that the minimum age here at Laura's is 13. So if any of your children are 13 or older, they are welcome to join Laura's too. Laura's also has online chat rooms which is very appealing to the younger kids.

We are all here to help. To help you, and to help your kids.

Love

Brenda

• Admin

Hello again, Scooby. In case no one mentioned this, after five posts (and you already have 11) you can send private messages (PMs) to other members for

any subject or question you feel uncomfortable sharing publicly. Just click on their name and you'll see "send message." I hope that helps allay some

of your fears.

You're welcome to PM me if you wish. I love chatting! :)

Carolyn Marie

Hi Scooby,

I am so sorry that I took so long to get here to greet you - busy, busy, busy.

I would like to help you with your questions about privacy - log out and then enter the forums - click on things like view member's profile and other things you will find out very quickly what is actually available to non members.

I never posted a picture of myself on my profile page until I accidentally entered the forum without signing in and noticed how different it was not even any avatars!

Try it, it will let you find your comfort level and know what to PM rather than posting!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest AlexiThink

Welcome Scooby!

I'm sure you'll find lots of people here who can relate to your situation, and give you support. From what I've read of the site policies, it strictly prohibits posting personal info (full names, phone numbers, email and physical addresses, etc) so you'll have no problem maintaining anonymity here.

Hope to see you around!

Alex

Guest Elizabeth K

Hi Scooby - great name! And we look forward to talking with you, This site is moderated - we don't want anyone to know who you are outside of the site - so we make certain no emails, addresses and such are shown. YOU SHOULD DO WELL HERE - oops Caps on - lotsa people with gender dysphoria. We talk it out. We give advice, we watch each other for depression,,, all that stuf. You will be part of the healing team as well as one of the patients - grin! ANd you have transchildren you think?

Lizzy