• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bogus Hrt Claims

TassieTiff

Thought is was time to dismiss a few myths and legends..Much of what I have read in this Forum is Myth or wishful thinking.

Unless you Have an orchie B4 Puberty, if your Gonads are working properly, And you are not on Spiro or something similar the Masculinisation of the Body is inevitable....wishful thinking won't hold back the tide. Once you Have Whiskers HRT might make body hair less Course But won't eliminate it.You Can Expect your Skin to Get softer and Thinner and much Easier to damage... ( ALL except the Souls of your feet which is the thickest skin on the human body.)

Breast Developement will not happen istantainiously Unless Polaroid Is Marketing a New one I don't Know about. you can Expect Nipple tenderness inside the first month. Breast Growth Takes years not Hours.... IF none of the Genetic Females in your Family have D Cups.... Then neither will you without Augmentation.

HRT will not alter your Facial bone structure... If you Have a Masculine Jawline Or sunken Cheeks you Need BIG BUCKS Surgery that Dwarfs the Cost of GRS or Breast Augmentation.

I am not pretending to be a Know it all But Maybe Some of the other 'Girls' Can Add to what I have started here. It is dead set important you Don't have unrealistic expectations Of being a Barbie Doll in a Fortnight.

Reality and honesty is the way to go

I hate seeing peeps lie to themselves

Regards, Tiff.

Guest Joanna Phipps

YMMV

Most of what you say is correct Tassie, but when it comes to hair that really is up to each person's makeup. By way of example my beard growth has slowed down so much that it nearly doesnt grow. I dont know how long it would take for it to be super noticable, but after 24 hours the shadow isnt all that noticable. I still shave before work since I wear makeup to work and just a wee bit of stubble can make that look aweful. The thin spots on my head have filled in nicely and the hair is growing out well, all this in the 2.5 months since I started HRT. Its taken me about 5 months to go from a super short military hair style to where my hair is halfway over my ears, I want it shoulder length if it will get there.

My Hair is half way down my Back now ( and Purple) B ut the Hair Growth took about 8 years.... I never had Male Pattern Balding or any sign od an Adams apple.... So lucky.... After My Orchiectomy Four years ago I was informed only One Gonad was Operational.... (EVER) So Fathering Five kids was quite an Achievement I guess. I actually Wanted to Keep them and somehow Fashion them into Ear rings Just in Case Someone Called Me a penis-HEAD LOL

WIN They Would Give Tiffany Original A whole new Connotation.....

Guest Joanna Phipps

Well people do bronze baby shoes, so getting them gold or silver plated.. gold or silver replicas would be more hygenic then having hooks (ouch thats painfull just mentioning it) set in them would give the tiffany original idea more of a run for its money

I have been on HRT for just over two months so there are not a lot of signs yet, except a noticeable slow down in my already sparse facial hair and the tenderness in the nipples.

I do look a good deal more feminine in that the first stages of breast development is in the nipples, they do change size and a bit in shape and the soreness indicates that something is happening.

I have always had the man boobs partially from being overweight and partially from a ridiculously low T-level to start with so the change in the nipples may be happening faster do to the availability of building materials - fatty tissue.

I have not cut my hair for some time so telling you that it is about 3 inches beyond shoulder length has nothing to do with HRT - it has always grown fast.

As to the face - HRT can change the distribution of fat deposits - nothing else, if you have a strong, masculine jaw line - it will still be there only slightly softened by a little more fat and a pronounced brow ridge won't go away - the only effect that HRT has on your bones is that you will begin to lose calcium just as the natal females.

Some of us are lucky in that we never looked masculine to start woth and those are the ones who transition the easiest but look around you and don't set your sightson movie stars - look at the amazing variety of women in the real world and aim for that.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest madelane

Heavens....are there really those that believe that hrt is an instant fix?

There are days when I stare dismally at my bee stings and wonder if they will EVER grow larger but I of course know that it is going on all the time. Days when even soft fabric feels like sandpaper...and as for the feminine figure....well other than a few pounds added here and there not mcuh has changed that I can see and I keep an EAGLE eye out for changes.

One need only think of the length of time that purberty consumes then consider that we are reversing many years of male growth on top of all that....oh well......the changes that are important to me are the inner.....those that are so difficult to describe but I know you know what I mean.

The thin skin mind you is a pain as I seem to forever have cuts and grazes from work on the farm.....quick grab the cream....

Hugs

Madelane

SALLY.... This thread wasn't Aimed at you sweatheart..... you are one of the most well adjusted people in here

SALLY.... This thread wasn't Aimed at you sweatheart..... you are one of the most well adjusted people in here

I didn't think that it was Tassie!

I was just doing my bit to help explain from a personal view point what can and cannot be achieved - I took no offense but I must correct one thing, you referred to me as well adjusted so we obviously have not talked enough or you would no better. :lol:

Nothing will ever change your bone structure except a surgeon's saw and that is not for everyone.

And Madelane is correct it is no quicker than puberty was for the teenage girls, so be patient.

We had to tell Donna Jean that she didn't have a bad batch when she woke up the next morning without any double D's! :lol:

Don't expect miracles but do expect changes - slow changes.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Geez, Sally....

I thought that the morning after the first dose I'd wake up looking like Dolly Parton!

Seriously, I've had prtty good results after 9 months,...'

soft skin...which I REALLY like, but it ouches easily!

Breast development...you can see them in most of my clothes now...

Moods....yep, I get that!

And now that I'm pumping the correct fuel through my system, I'm feeling 100% better over all!

Donna Jean

Guest madelane

Oh yes I forgot to mention THAT time of the month with the moods, which was something I really did not expect....ah but I love it all......what a wonderful wonderful journey it is

Hugs

Madelane

Guest krisspykriss
HRT will not alter your Facial bone structure... If you Have a Masculine Jawline Or sunken Cheeks you Need BIG BUCKS Surgery that Dwarfs the Cost of GRS or Breast Augmentation.

OK, I have to disagree with part of this statement. While your bone structure will not change, it doesnt cost so much money it dwarfs SRS. You can get your jaw and chin done for $8000. You can also have your forehead, nose bridge and brow-line done for about the same amount. Most of us girls can get away with one or the other. You don't necessarily need every contor of your face to be feminine because most GGs have some masculine features in their face. Even if you do need a top and bottom FFS, or desire both to to look prettier, it ends up running about the same as the basic SRS procedure.

I can provide some links to doctors who do FFS and their prices if you desire more info.

hugz,

Chrissy

I read a looooong time ago to be patient with the magic that HRT preforms

on us.Most of the feminizing surgeons make a boat load of cash on trans

womens insecurities,who due to being so self consious about their appearance,

just about jump onto that operating table as fast as they can afford it. I have

patiently waited to let the magic juice do it's thing.That I came out so feminine

appearing, is a testament to the truth of what I read all those years ago.

All without any feminizing surgery.Now a wee bit of FFS will go along way towards

making me appear a genetic girl.Like everything in this journey though,patience is

the key.

Angelique

Guest DeniseNM

Something I learned long ago was that nothing worth having can be gotten instantly. I apply that to my life, the more that I have to go through makes me appreciate what I get when I get to the end of the journey. That is just my opinion.

Denise

Guest CellaBoo09

To be honest this thread makes me kind of mad. Just because hormones have not personally worked well for you does not mean that they should be generalized as Innefective to everyone. I have been on Hormones for only 3 months now and I have seen good changes in my face and body. In my breast area the first month my nipples were tender but I doubt that my boobs will stay tiny and my nipples sore for the next 8 years, as I have already seen growth, I take off my shirt in the mirror and turn to the side, I have boobs. And I will need a bra most likely within the next 1-2 months, is my family a D-Cup? Naw my mother is a C-Cup and yet my boobs are growing fine. My Jaw line isnt masculine but I don't like how big it is, with hormones It has gotten better but I cant comment much on it because I only been on it coming on 3 months.

I don't Intend on making this comment to counter your hread but for alot of girls, especially my age , the teenagers the ones who have to hide being transgender and are scolded for acting feminim by our parents or friends, Erogen provides alot of hope and security for us so to discredit it as "dont expect much" is not something I like. It responds differently to everyone, if your younger you get alot more changes then if you are middle age taking it, your boobs will grow bigger if your start it at 18 then lets say 40....

I think the thread is pretty considerate, actually. Better to go in with low expectations and be thrilled with unexpected results.

But I'm just a hard-core realist, I guess?

Guest Melanieshaman
I read a looooong time ago to be patient with the magic that HRT preforms

on us.Most of the feminizing surgeons make a boat load of cash on trans

womens insecurities,who due to being so self consious about their appearance,

just about jump onto that operating table as fast as they can afford it. I have

patiently waited to let the magic juice do it's thing.That I came out so feminine

appearing, is a testament to the truth of what I read all those years ago.

All without any feminizing surgery.Now a wee bit of FFS will go along way towards

making me appear a genetic girl.Like everything in this journey though,patience is

the key.

Angelique

I think my problem started out as NO PATIENCE!! I wanted it all NOW... but the more i hang out here and just observe the changes i have already seen in me, the more i understand it take alot of time, which i am finally ok with. Now that my dr upped my Estro, i think i will see a little more (my t was nearly GG levels before i even started) So thanks to all you wise women here who help me keep my head on straight :)

Melzers

Guest Robin Winter

I'm conflicted, a little. I am somewhat impatient, but at the same time, I'm kinda looking forward to going through "Puberty" and doing it right this time :)

I personally want to experience as much as I can that I missed out on, including the growth and development stages.

But that's just me ^_^

*Hugs*

Shi

Thought is was time to dismiss a few myths and legends..Much of what I have read in this Forum is Myth or wishful thinking.

Unless you Have an orchie B4 Puberty, if your Gonads are working properly, And you are not on Spiro or something similar the Masculinisation of the Body is inevitable....wishful thinking won't hold back the tide. Once you Have Whiskers HRT might make body hair less Course But won't eliminate it.You Can Expect your Skin to Get softer and Thinner and much Easier to damage... ( ALL except the Souls of your feet which is the thickest skin on the human body.)

Breast Developement will not happen istantainiously Unless Polaroid Is Marketing a New one I don't Know about. you can Expect Nipple tenderness inside the first month. Breast Growth Takes years not Hours.... IF none of the Genetic Females in your Family have D Cups.... Then neither will you without Augmentation.

I am not pretending to be a Know it all But Maybe Some of the other 'Girls' Can Add to what I have started here. It is dead set important you Don't have unrealistic expectations Of being a Barbie Doll in a Fortnight.

Reality and honesty is the way to go

I hate seeing peeps lie to themselves

Regards, Tiff.

Hi Tiff,

Oh sorry hun, I cant agree with your core opinion, sure hormones are not gonna turn a football midfielder brought up on raw rhino butt

and 6 hours a day "pumpin iron" into a Hollywood Starlet but ya know what Tiff?? I sat at my group meet last Wed and some of

the women ( average 12 months hrt) were absolutely lovely :) One in particular let me see a driving license photo of 18 months

ago and I really could not believe my eyes , the transformation from Masculinity to Femininity was amazing, I wish you could have

been there to see . I would say the trans women who "dont make the grade, dont pass " are in the minority and my heart goes

out to them, but you know what ? the smallest bit of positive difference can do wonders re passing and being comfortable

when makeup finishes the job " as is the case with most women, born women ". I love to read your posts Tiff, your so genned up, but ,

again in my opinion , the trans women who **dont make the grade * are in the minority. I got to believe in what I see, beautiful

Trans women lovin themselves , us , and life. :) Luv, Viv.

Guest CellaBoo09
I think the thread is pretty considerate, actually. Better to go in with low expectations and be thrilled with unexpected results.

I guess....

• Admin

Not speaking from personal experience (not yet, at least) but knowing many transwomen here,

even middle aged transwomen, the difference before and after HRT can be significant, even sometimes

dramatic. Yes, it does take time, and yes, your mileage may vary, but with a lot of work, and

a good attitude, and the requisite amount of patience, too you can have great results.

Carolyn Marie

Guest krisspykriss

I disagree. Going in with unreasonably low expectations is discouraging and can give people a wrong reason to not do something they really should for al the right reasons. It is best to have reasonable and well informed expectations.

hugz and lotsa love,

Chrissy

I disagree. Going in with unreasonably low expectations is discouraging and can give people a wrong reason to not do something they really should for al the right reasons. It is best to have reasonable and well informed expectations.

hugz and lotsa love,

Chrissy

You know me, Cutie!

Same ol' Amie girl, I haven't changed.

Oh, off topic, but I called in for my latest bloodwork result earlier today.

I've managed to knock my triglycerides down to 167! I'm stoked!

No heart attack or missing limbs for this kid!

Now I'm gonna go for a long power walk sportin' the 3-mile smile. Ha!

Hugz n' Kisses!

Guest krisspykriss
You know me, Cutie!

Same ol' Amie girl, I haven't changed.

Oh, off topic, but I called in for my latest bloodwork result earlier today.

I've managed to knock my triglycerides down to 167! I'm stoked!

No heart attack or missing limbs for this kid!

Now I'm gonna go for a long power walk sportin' the 3-mile smile. Ha!

Hugz n' Kisses!

That's great news! hope you have a great and safe time last night ;)

luv ya,

Chrissy

alot of factors go into what exspectations you should have when you start hrt age is one genetics are another, type of work and how your body has responded to it ( building muscle) and just how hard male puberty nailed you

not to be mean or offend but in the vast majority of trans chicks i have met IRL hrt is like putting a bandaide on a broken leg father time and testosterone have just done way to much damage to ever be wiped away

though it will still soften you up some the end result will be far less dramatic than if one had started in their young teens early 20s and even then its not a safe bet growing up i had a lot of male friends at 15-18 full facial hair sprout up to 6" and could easy be a line man on any foot ball team

the ones that get a later start and look really good usually have alot of things working in their favor delicate bone structure lightly muscled builds managed to maintain lower over all T levels, naturally baby faced

the break down that has been given to me by my variouse endocrinologist over the years is

at 25 estrogen is only half as effective as it would be at 18 at 30 it is only 1/4 effective it holds at that till the 40s then begins to degrade further the older you get

im not saying have no exspectations at all but you need to look at the many factors reguarding your own body and go from there

Sakura

alot of factors go into what exspectations you should have when you start hrt age is one genetics are another, type of work and how your body has responded to it ( building muscle) and just how hard male puberty nailed you

not to be mean or offend but in the vast majority of trans chicks i have met IRL hrt is like putting a bandaide on a broken leg father time and testosterone have just done way to much damage to ever be wiped away

though it will still soften you up some the end result will be far less dramatic than if one had started in their young teens early 20s and even then its not a safe bet growing up i had a lot of male friends at 15-18 full facial hair sprout up to 6" and could easy be a line man on any foot ball team

the ones that get a later start and look really good usually have alot of things working in their favor delicate bone structure lightly muscled builds managed to maintain lower over all T levels, naturally baby faced

the break down that has been given to me by my variouse endocrinologist over the years is

at 25 estrogen is only half as effective as it would be at 18 at 30 it is only 1/4 effective it holds at that till the 40s then begins to degrade further the older you get

im not saying have no exspectations at all but you need to look at the many factors reguarding your own body and go from there

Sakura

Sakura,

Really good post hun...... this is what I was trying to say.... Maybe I am getting OLD and bitter..... Or Maybe after Popping Pills made from the Urine of pregnant horses for the last ten years I am just tired of Life.... OR Maybe I am a realist in a world full of optomists..... BUT from what I have seen here.... AND in other Trans sites online many many People think HRT and GRS will correct every problem in their lives..... And in a lot of Cases it doesn't

Regards, Tiff ((((( Sahura))))))