• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Make Your Voice Sound More Natural?

Guest Hanayuki

Guest Hanayuki

Hey everybody, I have gotten to the point in the back of my throat where the female voice is supposed to be, but my voice sounds androgynous, feminine at best, but not female yet. What can I do to improve the sound of my voice and make it sound more natural? I tried adding breathiness but it just sounds wrong...

Guest Elizabeth K

Sorry - slipped down w/o an answer for some reason. I work onmy voice and it changes all the time - I cannot pin down where I want to go. ZFinally I just thought - how 'gentle' can I make it? Not necessarily soft or low, just a loving gentle sound.

That helps me - you might try it.

Lizzy

Guest Hanayuki
Sorry - slipped down w/o an answer for some reason. I work onmy voice and it changes all the time - I cannot pin down where I want to go. ZFinally I just thought - how 'gentle' can I make it? Not necessarily soft or low, just a loving gentle sound.

That helps me - you might try it.

Lizzy

Thanks for the reply :)

That's what I'm trying to do too... At the moment, my voice is simply sounding feminine, but it wouldn't pass as a normal female voice. It's hard to describe in words what is wrong. But I think what is bugging me most is that my voice isn't sounding a little "cute" that is to say soft, but without getting too breathy. And also I would like it to simply sound "clearer" and "brighter". I think my female voice will sound more convincing once I develop the muscles in my throat and in my chin enough to create a "pleasant" sound =)

I've heard many people that sounded overly cute when they go to their falsetto and bring it down to a more normal female range. But I don't sound anything like that... It's just weird. I'm definitely speaking from the right place, I just sound wrong though. What am I doing "wrong"? This whole voice training is making me go insane because I don't get it :banghead:

I am going to use a technique for training that was given to me by one of the greatest teachers of all time it was for playing trumpet but it will work here too.

Do not try to make physical adjustments by thinking about what to do - think about what you want it to feel like but don't try to conscientiously adjust it - you cannot make those tiny changes you will over compensate, let your subconscious mind do the tiny adjustments think only of the sound and the feel.

It will work because the more you think about your throat and making a higher pitch the more the vocal chords will tighten and the less feminine it will sound.

To keep all chest resonance out of play think of the sound going out through the tip of your nose - it sounds to simple and way too easy but it does work.

Love ya,

Sally