• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Happy Day!

Guest erikka2046

Guest erikka2046

A very happy day to share with everyone.

I went shopping for some winter boots yesterday since the long winter is nearly around the corner, also an excuse as I love shopping so much ;). There is a discount shop in a mall near my home with lots of choices. I had my skinny jeans, sneakers, turtle neck, knitted hat, scarf... I was having so much fun in the seas of shoes and picked up a couple pairs of boots. Out of no where, a women walked towards me, I was quite sure she's heading to me cause there is no one around the aisle...I thought "Omg! Is she going to ask me some wierd questions like why I trying all these women shoes....". She came closer in a non-confronting manner which eased me and asked: "How's your boots feel? Does it feel warmth?" That's sounds like a question I always want to hear, we then talked a bit about the boots and things went well. I am so happy now since I am getting there bit by bit as a girl :) It happens more and more people think I am or at least look like a girl when I go out, but this is really the first time someone see me as a girl and ask me questions.

On the other side, I am kind of worry what will people react if they know who am I.....I think this maybe something always in our mind or just me worrying too much.

Erikka :)

A very happy day to share with everyone.

I went shopping for some winter boots yesterday since the long winter is nearly around the corner, also an excuse as I love shopping so much ;). There is a discount shop in a mall near my home with lots of choices. I had my skinny jeans, sneakers, turtle neck, knitted hat, scarf... I was having so much fun in the seas of shoes and picked up a couple pairs of boots. Out of no where, a women walked towards me, I was quite sure she's heading to me cause there is no one around the aisle...I thought "Omg! Is she going to ask me some wierd questions like why I trying all these women shoes....". She came closer in a non-confronting manner which eased me and asked: "How's your boots feel? Does it feel warmth?" That's sounds like a question I always want to hear, we then talked a bit about the boots and things went well. I am so happy now since I am getting there bit by bit as a girl :) It happens more and more people think I am or at least look like a girl when I go out, but this is really the first time someone see me as a girl and ask me questions.

On the other side, I am kind of worry what will people react if they know who am I.....I think this maybe something always in our mind or just me worrying too much.

Hi Erikka,

You know hun, I just love to read these stories , they give the rest of us so much hope and of

course, allow your sisters to share in your joy , thank you so much for that. I hope these days become

the norm for you . If you mean strangers who find out your a special woman, well , 99 per cent will

be too busy to react negatively -the other 1 per cent ?????? Turn around and walk away hun, you owe

those folk nothing. If you mean people who know you prior/ during/ and after transitioning, well , you

got to become tough in a womanly sorta way - that means if someone you know gives you a hard time

re being trans then you gotta be cutting in your response , HARD/CUTTING/ TO THE POINT.The other

way -curl up in to a ball and hope they go away.....they wont , so , hit back, stand up for yourself girl.

Oh, all my energy is gone after that last bit :D :D :D luv, viv :)

Erikka,

You had a wonderful day, don't over think it.

Just enjoy the good and savor the memories then it will be easier to get through the bad and just forget about it.

Don't worry, Be Happy - an old song by Bobby McFerrin.

Enjoy and take note.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Natalie92

I love it when I hear that people have good days such as yours. It's why I keep coming banck on this site. Well that and to tell my OWN stories! Great job on passing!

Natalie Alexis

• Admin

Thanks for sharing your happy news, Erikka. You've made a bunch of people smile tonight.

You've experienced what so many here have talked about - confidence. When you feel like a girl, and act like a girl, and know in

your heart that is who you are, you let the world see it. All they will see is a happy girl, out for some boots and clothes. By

doing that, you pass!

Good on your sweetheart. Keep up the great work.

Carolyn Marie

Guest erikka2046

Thanks for everyone kind comments. That's very true Carolyn, I think bit by bit I forget trying so hard to pass, but instead replacing this thought with more confidence. Then things become more fun and easier by accepting myself as a girl and do things just like normal girls do.

Luv