• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wonderful Saturday

Guest Erin Quinn

Guest Erin Quinn

First off, a big hello and thank you to my sisters I've met and chatted with on Laura. You ladies are amazing, and this has quickly become one of my favorite places on the web. And welcome to all the other new girls like myself who are finding here, trust me, you're in the right place :)

Onto the gushing:

Oh, geez, its like such a lil thing but today I went shopping by myself! After dropping my fiance off so she could get some work writing done, I went to target and picked myself up my first pair of ladies shoes. Being size 11, I had to hunt and peck around Target, but found the cutest pair of pink converses and they fit like a glove. Then I got a belt. Sure, I didn't try on anything big, but I hadn't been out yet alone when looking for proper clothing for myself, so i was so happy :) and I was wearing one of my favorite shirts and slim fitting pants I bought a couple weeks ago. So happy to be out as myself, at least, as much as I'm comfortable with right now. But I could so feel those lil waves of the real me crashing to surface, so affecting the simple things in life can be.

Oh, then, after I picked up my fiance we were walking up to the local grocery store to get a bite to eat and meet a friend of hers, and she actually asked me if I wanted to be introduced as Erin! She never does that, and I was so surprised I made sure she was ok with it and she assured me she was at this moment. So I got to say my name to a new friend. That was so great, more lil things, but they add up

Ok...ok, I'll calm down now :P i hope everyone is doing well, and if anyone is having a rough day, browse around, ask a question, and do your best to smile. And if that's hard, someone is here for you, especially on this lil corner of the web

many hugs sisters,

Erin

That is wonderful Erin,

To go shopping for ourselves is freeing and so fun as well.

And then your fiance introducing you using your real name,

is a giant step forward in her acceptance.Keep on taking

those baby steps my sister,for in the end,they all add up.

I liked meeting you,and know you have your head on straight

on where you are going and the speed at which you wish to proceed.

So do your happy dance you deserve it.

Hugs,

Angie

Guest Erin Quinn
That's so fantastic. I can't wait til I can work up the courage to do that!

*Hugs*

Shilo

You will Shilo, and you'll feel great. Granted I was just wearing a shirt and girl jeans, but even the littlest things feel great.

I hope you get that courage soon sis!

Hi Erin, This is so wonderful what is happening to you! I am glad that you have such a supportive fiancee who is willing to introduce you as a woman :) And you had the courage to buy those shoes is amazing. You know, I am so afraid when at the ladies section so i only do window shopping. And if somebody comes by, I quickly go out...

Huggs,

Lily

• Admin

Good for you, Erin. Its great that everything is going your way, and that your fiance is so supportive.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words about the Site and all the wonderful people who inhabit it. It can never be said often enough.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

That's so fantastic. I can't wait til I can work up the courage to do that!

*Hugs*

Shilo

Shilo,

I've been buying stuff a long time, always as a crossdresser. It has taken a lot of courage and sometimes I can follow through and sometimes, I can't. The women's clothes were a stimulus, a turn-on for me.

Since finally figuring out WHY I wanted to wear the clothes and accepting the real me in the last year, I see the clothes totally differently. They're my clothes. They're what I wear (at times). :) When I go shopping now, it's not for a turn-on, it's for a cute outfit.

It's become a totally different experience. It's like, uh, shopping.....and it's fun to shop.

Many of the other girls have talked about shopping at Walmart and that it's been a positive experience. I'll have to say I agree, it seems to be a reasonably friendly place to shop. In the distant past, some clerks have given me a funny look and every once in a while, sort of a hard time. They must do special training for their workers or something, because so far, no has batted an eye. I really look forward to going there now.

My thoughts on Walmart shopping have gone from uncertainty, bordering on fear (no, actual fear...), to I wonder if I have enough money to get what I want? I'm shopping. I'm finding cute outfits. I'm really enjoying this and the more I do it, the more natural it's becoming for me. After all, every girl needs clothes.

So, try that mindset and see if it helps. Here's a few more things that may help, answers to some potentially embarrassing questions, should you ever get them.

"Why are you buying that?" Because I like that (always said with a smile)

If sort of challenged on why a man is buying things that just don't fit the gender-- I've said, Gee, do I need a permit? That has really shut down the conversation and let them go back to cashiering. I've always said those things with a smile and it's such an off-the-wall, no big deal response that it restores the natural order of simply buying merchandise.

Let us know how it goes, now get out there girl.

Happy shopping,

Yvonne

Wonderful, I am so glad that things went so well for you.

Everyone deserves a great day (I think that they should be everyday)

Let us know how things progress with your fiancee and your new friend.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Erin, This is so wonderful what is happening to you! I am glad that you have such a supportive fiancee who is willing to introduce you as a woman :) And you had the courage to buy those shoes is amazing. You know, I am so afraid when at the ladies section so i only do window shopping. And if somebody comes by, I quickly go out...

Huggs,

Lily

You know what you do Lilly?

IS,Even In Drab,you take the time to shop,look at everything you would like to,even underware.

You will be looked at by other ladies,but they wont say anything,so just enjoy the experience of

shopping.It is scary and thrilling at the same time to be doing something you have always wanted

to do,and are finally willing to do it.If anyone asks,say you are shopping for wife/girlfriend/sister.

Actually purchasing articles of womens clothing/shoes/underware,makes you feel so happy and

freeing.And if the cashier gives that knowing smile,or disdainful look,who cares?She is a total

stranger,and you will never see her again.So just enjoy the experience of shopping and buying

the right clothes for you.And if it/they don't fit,you take it back and exchange it.Remember my

sister,you can do this in male mode,I did it for years.(smile)

Warm Hugs Ms Lilly,

Angie

Oh dear Angie,

Thank you so much. You know even if I am only thinking of shopping lady clothes, I get nervous. Thanks for the good idea, if someone ask I will just tell, oh it is for my wife! Maybe I should wear my wedding ring more often :) It is a good trick, I like it. Once when i bought a nice dress, the cashier asked me if I will wear it? And I was shocked she read my mind, I even did not know what to answer, so just kept quiet, and she had a big smile giving me the change...

Thank you and Huggs,

Lily

Once when i bought a nice dress, the cashier asked me if I will wear it? And I was shocked she read my mind, I even did not know what to answer, so just kept quiet, and she had a big smile giving me the change...

Lily

Oh that happened to me lots of times.

At the begining it would fluster me badly,and I would blush and stammer some answer.

Then one day I purchased my leather trench coat.When she asked if it was for me?

I said with a big smile,"Of Course,it is my Christmas present to myself,why do you ask?"

Learning to use humor can help relax you by making it a humorous situation.

Hold that item up to yourself and ask her,"Why don't you think it would look good on me?"

That will throw them off every time,lots of husbands shop for their ladies,I know

my father inlaw did.

Angie

Guest Donna Jean

You know what you're doing Hon?

Building memories...things that throughout your

life and jorney you will look back on and a little smile will cross your face...

I'm happy to hear that a wonderful day was had and it made you happy...

Heck...

You deserve it!

HUGG

Donna Jean