• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Des And Transsexuality

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

DES & Transsexuality

This is an interesting article that explains some of how DES might interract with the developing fetus to contribute to Transsexuality. It turns out that DES may also have antiandrogenic properties. The article points out something I did not know, DES is actually one of the first synthetic estrogens; this would explain a lot of how it might interfere with proper differntiation of tissues.

Guest Donna Jean

Thanks for that, Joanna.....

This has been on my radar for a very long time...

I always wonder if I was "created" or naturally occurring....It would be hell to find out that our condition was preventable...

DANG!

Donna Jean

Guest Joanna Phipps

Dee Jay, given that the condition has been around for thousands of years and continues to be around(in generations past 1971); I would list it not as the cause but a major, contributing, environmental factor. It would be interesting to see if the number of us has changed pre-post DES but alas such statistics might be extremely hard to find.

Guest Donna Jean

Joanna....

I don't discount the numbers of pre/post DES transgendered folks having been there for all time..

I understand "contributing factor"....

But, if the DES caused the incorrect hormonal wash at the critical time in the womb, it would not contribute to the transgenderism...it would be the root cause in those cases.

I know that transgenderism has existed since way back and since the demise of DES..

I'm saying that if in the womb, we were developing normally and were were "washed" opposite of our body, we would have a male body and a female mindset...these two events happen with different washes...

We already know that male/female brains have a physical difference ...that is what would of been caused to be changed by the DES...

What I'm saying is that the hormonal wash gets mixed up by the mothers body on occasion...that's not preventable...Having it mixed by DES was!

Therefore, I see it as an enviromental factor that could of been the "cause" of X amount of cases...

What I'm suggesting is without DES many of our cases would never have developed...

Donna Jean

Guest Joanna Phipps

Ah ok I see where you are going with that though train hun and I agree with you. There was no need to have a chemical that solved on problem and created many many more. Some of us may still have been trans, but how many were created by a medical mistake?

Guest Donna Jean
Ah ok I see where you are going with that though train hun and I agree with you. There was no need to have a chemical that solved on problem and created many many more. Some of us may still have been trans, but how many were created by a medical mistake?

BINGO!

Donna Jean

Guest SusanKG

Thanks Joanna,

It is interesting this information comes out at this time, I have just started re-reading Deborah Rudacille's book, The Riddle of Gender, (2005, 2006, Anchor Books, softcover edition) still available at Amazon for $10.35, and other fine booktores I'm sure. As I recall from when I read it a couple of years ago, she presented a good report on DES, tieing it to gender related birth defects in mothers given it as a preventative of miscarrage. How ironic, if that is truly a cause of some of this heartbreak. It was perscribed from about 1939 to 1970, a period that covers me, and those other mature ladies out there. (Hi Girls!) It really doesn't matter how this happened, repairing it as best possible does. It also means that anyone blocking proper treatment is helping to perpetuate the extreme damage that modern chemicals caused. Grrrr!

SusanKG

Guest Joanna Phipps

Considering that the drug is actually a synthetic estrogen it is no wonder that it can mess up male babies. All that surpluss estrogen floating around..

Guest Charlene_Leona

Both My sister and myself were exposed to DES inutro, My sister is a masculinized female who looks more male than I could ever. Me of course you know me and how female I am. Our mother was given prenatal vitamins through a clinic in St. Louis in the late 60's. I strongly believe this is what's the matter with the two of us. I wish there were a way to test us now for that prenatal exposer to DES so I could at least get them to pay for my gender reassignment cost but I don't think that will ever be possible. But I know this chemical had severally messed my sisters and my life totally up.

Charlene Leona

Guest julia_d

My mother was exposed to such chemicals through the 50's and 60's. She worked for the Min of Ag during that time and was involved in pesticides research. No wonder she only had girls.

It's been long known (and hidden) that many pesticides are "fake" estrogens. Nobody ever makes the link between the widespread use of chemical warfare in SE Asia and the high incidences of intersex conditions there. Look it up .. agent orange = 17Beta.

Guest Donna Jean

Honey.....

I was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam...1969-70....Made by Dow Chemical...

I'm on the national Agent Orange Orange Registry....and I have health problems associated with that exposure!

I had both of my hips replaced as a result of exposure to a dioxin (agent Orange) and other health and skin problems.....

Lizzy had a friend..A helicopter pilot in 'Nam who died of Agent Orange poisoning about 3 weeks ago...

It's not fun stuff....

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Sakura_Stingray

i have read and seen a documentation of a type of polymer made as the first product to line food cans... the polymer was a plastic with an estrogen base.. tests have confirmed that it can cause cancer to lab mice, but the concentration is so low "supposedly" it wouldnt effect humans... because this type of protectant barrior to keep food away from the metalic surfaces of cans this product is grandfathered into the medical documents and the health and food organization refuse to do anything about it because of the grandfather claus.

since it is an estrogen base it wouldnt surprise me if it can be linked to transgenderism... im not sure if this type of plastic is the same one ou mentioned but the type of plastic i am refering too is still used in can food products...