• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Priceless

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

So on Saturday I visited my therapist and got a wonderful letter where they forgot to put my male name (so they had to reprint with an AKA) telling my doctor to go ahead and begin hormone treatment. I had made my appointment with my doctor far in advance for today. So I went along. I got to the doctor's office a good hour and a half early and, after filling out all the paperwork, I waited, read People (Donatella Versace scares me), played with my gphone (read and posted here!). When the nurse called me back, my heart was racing a mile a minute. She had to wait for me to breath and relax before taking my pulse beacause my heart was beating out of my chest. Finally, my doctor came in and I love her. She's an internist, not an endo, but she has a lot of experience with trans patients and I knew from the moment I met her that she was a really good fit for me as a doctor. She and I fell into a comfortable conversation about all of this very quickly. She read my letter, asked me if I knew what I was getting into,and if I had any questions. I found out she wouldn't alternately code my insurance papers, so I asked her not to bill my insurance and she told me she had a discount for cash payers. Then, she surprised me. She prescribed hormones for me...today! She has me scheduled for blood work in 6 weeks, but she wrote my scrip today and I about floated through the roof. I drove back across town, dropped off the testosterone blockers at Walgreens and went to Target to get the estradiol filled ($4 a month!). The Target people were a little nosy (Why are you taking this? "It's personal.") but I really didn't care. I went back, pick up the other meds, came home and took them. How incredible a day! I'm a little light headed and ecstatic and crazy and I cannot believe I'm finally doing this.

So, like the commercial...

Therapist - $95

Doctor - $97.60

Proscar - $10

Spiro - $10

Estradiol - $4

This feeling in my heart that the world is possible - Priceless

Oh, and I started a blog where I'll be detailing my entire transition. I posted the text of my letter for anyone interested in reading.

Love you all!!!

Gin

Guest Donna Jean

Gin....we're pretty happy happy over here!

That's real good stuff...

And I did the very same thing as you and stopped at K-Mart on the way home to get the prescriptions!

What a rush!

I know JUST HOW YOU FEEL!

Congratulations..

Love...

Donna Jean

• Admin

Gin, that's fantastic. Good for you girl, you are really on your way to womanhood at last!

I can imagine how you feel, and I hope to share in that feeling very soon.

We'll be with you along your journey, so please keep us posted (literally) on how you're doing.

HUGS

Carolyn

Guest SusanKG

Come down off that cloud Girl! You're making me dizzy. (Well, dizzier!) But don't come down too soon, you have earned the sky trip. I couldn't be happier reading your news.

Waiting for more,

SusanKG

Oh Sweet Gin,

I can only imagine how you feel. I'm certain it's like a dream.

Be sure to heed Donna Jean's advice for when you wake up the first morning and "be very careful how you move and walk, to allow for the new DDs". Wouldn't want to knock them out of calibration.... :lol:

Congratulations, another milestone marked in the journey. Do enjoy the journey.

Thank you for sharing your joy, it gives me a lift of hope.

Gentle hugs (allowing for the new DDs),

Yvonne

Guest Joanna Phipps

woo hoo those of us who have been on hrt for some time still remember that day, the day the magic happened and we finally got the right fuel into the system. Hey You Get off of my cloud :P enjoy the view from up there but watch that first step coming back to earth

I so well remember my first visit to my gender doc.

She sat down and interviewed me when I gave her my letter.

She smiled and said,"I can tell you are transsexual by how

knowlegable you are about your journey."Then she gave me my prescription.

To say I was estactic is an understatement,I reached out hugged,kissed and

thanked that woman,as I was smiling ear to ear.Well Done Gin.

Smiling,

Angie

Guest Joanna Phipps

oh lord yes, the day i got my prescriptions for spiro and E I raced down to wallyworld to fill them. Once I got home I debated, start now or wait, well i dont need to tell you which end of that debate won. I didnt get that feeling of peace that some gals talk bout but it felt good to get the right fuel in my system and its only felt better as the T drops and the E gets to doing its work.

Guest NatashaJade

Thank you all for your responses *hugs*

It's a crazy world. My wife took me out to dinner to celebrate (after I took my first little pills, of course...so strange that a little pill can do so much). I just have to keep reminding myself that every little thing I feel is not the pills doing their work. I do know that I have something like the peace of mind that others describe when they start. It's totally psychological I'm sure. Just the knowledge that I am doing something and that soon the testosterone will be diminished...getting beyond the stage of imagining the meetings with my doctor and therapist and actualizing everything. It's the peace of follow through, that I have finally stepped out and said "I am woman" and am now going to make good on that. That is my peace. Now on to the subtle changes (and finding the money to get all this stubble lasered off of my face).

Love all y'all!

Gin

P.S. No DD's this morning, thank goodness! Don't know how I would explain that to my students ;)

Guest nymphblossom

Gin, I am sooo happy for you.

The irony is I am supposed to receive my letter from my therapist at my session today!

I truly appreiciate you taking the time to start the blog. My wife and I have decided it is best to wait until January before I actually begin HRT, so I am anxious to follow your progress!

Blossom

So on Saturday I visited my therapist and got a wonderful letter where they forgot to put my male name (so they had to reprint with an AKA) telling my doctor to go ahead and begin hormone treatment. I had made my appointment with my doctor far in advance for today. So I went along. I got to the doctor's office a good hour and a half early and, after filling out all the paperwork, I waited, read People (Donatella Versace scares me), played with my gphone (read and posted here!). When the nurse called me back, my heart was racing a mile a minute. She had to wait for me to breath and relax before taking my pulse beacause my heart was beating out of my chest. Finally, my doctor came in and I love her. She's an internist, not an endo, but she has a lot of experience with trans patients and I knew from the moment I met her that she was a really good fit for me as a doctor. She and I fell into a comfortable conversation about all of this very quickly. She read my letter, asked me if I knew what I was getting into,and if I had any questions. I found out she wouldn't alternately code my insurance papers, so I asked her not to bill my insurance and she told me she had a discount for cash payers. Then, she surprised me. She prescribed hormones for me...today! She has me scheduled for blood work in 6 weeks, but she wrote my scrip today and I about floated through the roof. I drove back across town, dropped off the testosterone blockers at Walgreens and went to Target to get the estradiol filled ($4 a month!). The Target people were a little nosy (Why are you taking this? "It's personal.") but I really didn't care. I went back, pick up the other meds, came home and took them. How incredible a day! I'm a little light headed and ecstatic and crazy and I cannot believe I'm finally doing this.

So, like the commercial...

Therapist - $95

Doctor - $97.60

Proscar - $10

Spiro - $10

Estradiol - $4

This feeling in my heart that the world is possible - Priceless

Oh, and I started a blog where I'll be detailing my entire transition. I posted the text of my letter for anyone interested in reading.

Love you all!!!

Gin

Hi Gin,

So thrilled for you hun. From here on in your past will become a distant memory. Sunny days Gin, Sunny days. Luv, viv. :)

I am so happy for you and I am glad that you went to Target for your prescriptions, I was in such a hurry that I went through the drive through at CVS and it cost me about $85 dollars more than the refills at Wallyworld - however no one has asked me why or even looked at me funny.

However with no Double Ds overnight, you may have gotten on old batch. :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatashaJade
I am so happy for you and I am glad that you went to Target for your prescriptions, I was in such a hurry that I went through the drive through at CVS and it cost me about $85 dollars more than the refills at Wallyworld - however no one has asked me why or even looked at me funny.

However with no Double Ds overnight, you may have gotten on old batch. :lol:

Love ya,

Sally

Now I feel cheated! :P

Don't worry those good batches are hard to find - I haven't yet!

Congratulations on taking such a big step along the journey, I'm not that far ahead of you and as it is a slow process we all sort of group together even when we started months apart, so I'm up a little bit ahead with ladies who have been on HRT for a year.

Remember that you are never alone on this journey, we are all here for you.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Sweetheart...hang in there...

I, too, was cheated on my batch......DANG! No DD's overnight, BUT! I did get good "A's" in about 6-9 months...

But, I can't complain...I started out like two rasins on a breadboard....

And now...well, I like it!

I'm happy for you....you'll do just fine!

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest qRachelp

Gin,

That's sooo awesome; I so enjoyed reading it. I hope my doctor, a "general physician", does the same for me with giving meds first and scheduling blood-work later. I'm already too damned old to wait, anymore....

XOX,

Rachel

Guest kennerzzz

Congratulations! I am currently oozing with jealousy. I have 2 psychologist appointments left, he may want to schedule a 3rd, and then I can get things started.

Good luck and I hope for all the best!

Guest Joanna Phipps
Sweetheart...hang in there...

I, too, was cheated on my batch......DANG! No DD's overnight, BUT! I did get good "A's" in about 6-9 months...

But, I can't complain...I started out like two rasins on a breadboard....

And now...well, I like it!

I'm happy for you....you'll do just fine!

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Dee Jay this might get you a bit green but I have a nice set of medium A's with my breast measurement 2.25" larger than the band.. and that is in 3 months... but hey you get what you get and who knows what I will have in two years. On the otherside of that coin I think I will be retiring the breast forms in about 6 month, they are starting to make the real ones uncomfortable

It is truly amazing just how much of an effect a lil blue-green pill can have

Guest NatashaJade
Dee Jay this might get you a bit green but I have a nice set of medium A's with my breast measurement 2.25" larger than the band.. and that is in 3 months... but hey you get what you get and who knows what I will have in two years. On the otherside of that coin I think I will be retiring the breast forms in about 6 month, they are starting to make the real ones uncomfortable

It is truly amazing just how much of an effect a lil blue-green pill can have

Tell me about it... it's so small but it does so much. I <3 Science!!!

:D It's pretty too.