• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgender Vs Crossdresser

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Guest Amy LeBlanc

I am starting to rethink on what I am and what I would be considered. I like to crossdress and I feel comfortable. I have been seeing a therapist and also I have told my imediate family. How ever I have been staring to to question weather or not I was born on the right body. When I am dressed as myself a guy, I feel lost, not myself and I feel shy, my confidence level is low, but yet when I am dressed, I am confidence, I know who I am and I like myself and I enjoy being a girl.

Now here is the next twist, I have never been out dressed and I have still to this day been in the closet dressing in private but my imidate family know that I crossdress. When I do dress, I feel like I should have been a girl and when I am a guy, I dont know what to think and I am just a mindless drown.

Would this be a fist sign of one who is transgender and is born is the wrong body or what would this be considered.

Amy

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Amy,

I can see that you are starting to see something more within yourself. Self-introspection is very good :)

There are tools to help you. These are:

1. The COGIATI (online gender identity test)

2. Other gender identity tests (also online, just have forgotton their names)

3. Gender therapists.

4. Laura's

5. Shaving

6. Makeup

7. Jewelry

8. Perfume!!!! (or scented women's deoderant)

Now back to your question. It appears that indeed you are realizing that you feel far more comfortable identifying as female.

Let me ask you sweetheart, other than dressing have you shaved your legs, arms, underarms? If you haven't you should try it, it is such a wonderful feeling :) And the clothes... Oh , they feel so good.

Smelling sweet is very important for me. Have you tried that?

The point to what I am getting at is there are many ways to really feel close to your gender identity. When you are that close, it will all be very clear to you.

Hope this helps

Brenda

Guest Amy LeBlanc

Helo there Bernii:

Well, Going to your questions, Yes I have been shaving. I have shaved my full legs, down in my area for when I tuck, I shave my chest, my under arms and I have been shaving my face trying to keep that free and baby smooth.

I have also bought panties from Victoria Secert and a bra that is my size that fits and both feel really great. I have bought a loufa and nice smelling body cleanser for when I take a shower.

I find myself wanting to buy nice secented candels and when I dress, I like dressing very cute and fem. I want to se myself as the prissy style girl.

After my major illness that I went through a year ago where I am a cancer survivor, I find myself for 2 reason wanting to stay in shape. 1. is for my health since I am a cancer survivor and 2. I am right at what my weight is supposed to be for my height according to my doctor and I love the way how I look at want to stay in shape. In fact I want to get in more shape and find myself doing cardio to try to get a much more hour glass figure.

I will check out online test sites to see what that tells me.

Thank you alot Bernii

Amy