• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nice New Skirt And Time To Enjoy It

Guest Alissa

Hi everybody! Just wanted to talk about the day, currently I'm dressed (minus the wig) and really enjoying just being around the house in a new outfit with the cutest pair of ankle boots with a nice hight heel!

I haven't been doing much dressing much the last week or so but I had a little extra time today and stopped in a few thrift shops to do some browsing. I found a really nice denim skirt, about knee length, that actually fit!

There's a GG chat-pal I have that gave me a tip. To find something in your size, make a fist and put your arm into the ~skirt-pants-etc~ your elbow should be against one side of the garment and put in your arm, and if it fits from the elbow to the fist it should fit. That advice worked great!

I walked out with the skirt for $3, and by the way, it's almost effortless now (I was REALLY nervous the first few times, it gets easier real fast) and the sales lady didn't bat an eye. The less of a big deal you make, the less they notice.

So after I put my son to bed, I put on the stockings, pulled up my new skirt..it zipped up no problem (size 14 -yuck-) and matched it with a nice cowl neck pink top, and my heels of course.

I was feeling a little more fem tonight so I went for the lipstick, ever notice lipstick makes you talk with more mouth motion and you enunciate better?

Anyway, dressed and loving it. And I found a cool new site to help with cd and trans friendly shops/makeup help, www.dress-me-up.com

I found a place to get help and saftey in the Tampa area of Florida, but it has other links for other places also.

Just wanted to share girls! Got my clothes on and my purse in tow!

Huggs!

Alissa

• Admin

Wow, Alissa, what a nice day you had, girl! Good for you. :)

There is nothing like getting new clothes or shoes. I so look forward to every shipment of new stuff - its like Christmas.

That first time trying something on - fabulous.

Thanks for the tip on the web site too, Hon. I've been going to YouTube mostly. Its good to have an option.

I hope you get another shopping trip coming your way real soon.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean
I walked out with the skirt for $3, and by the way, it's almost effortless now (I was REALLY nervous the first few times, it gets easier real fast) and the sales lady didn't bat an eye. The less of a big deal you make, the less they notice.

Huggs!

Alissa

Hey, Alissa!

Oh my! I see that another girl has found the shear joy of thrift stores!

That is a very important place for me!

I was wary at first, but I go in there now and hold things up to me in the mirror and even try on shoes...it does get easier...

And trust me on this...the sales people at these stores see lots of people buying things that are for the "other" gender...they don't bat an eye!

Good on you, Girlfriend...glad it makes you happy!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean