• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm Getting Stonger?

EVAN_DESU

Who knows, but I feel like it.

My favorite thing to do after grocery shopping (except eat xD) is to carry all the bags in at once. I've been able to do this multiple times even when theres maybe 10 or 12 bags. Not much, but I like to do it. Now I can carry my moms beer, water, 12 cans (boxed) soda, and about 6 bags at once. Wow, I sound stupid saying that I can carry that. xD I'mma nerd.

Anyways, I've been trying to get my arm strength up the past two months. This time last month I could barely do 2 pushups...

Now I can do about 25 in a row without stopping in about 30 seconds, and about 35 (with a little 10 second break)within about a little over minute or a minute and a half. I know it's not the best, but it just shows how far I've come! Soon I want to get more heavier weights...And one day weightlifting equipment. I love weightlifting. I wish I would have took the class at my school~! I love exercising too. but I don't like the fact of having to go somewhere or outside to do it. I'd love to have an gym room in my house. When my best friends aunt had one about 2 years ago I freaked out I was all "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS~!" XD Yeah.....

About my weight though...

It sadly fluctuates between 140 - 143.

Atleast it's better than 151 (what I was at the start of summer) and 161 (6th grade)

I wish I was taller, so it wouldn't be so bad, but you know.

I'm not exactly trying real hard to lose weight. I'm trying a little (sometimes). If I lose, great. If I don't, it's okay.

If I gain..well...I need to fix something. Besides my weight and paleness...the thing that I get called out for most if my height and I HATE it.

I've been 5'1" the past 3 years. I hope I do grow, even if it's just a little.

• 1 month later...

Uwah, awesome!! I bet you are getting stronger. And remember, a lot of weight can be muscle mass, too. I can barely do 2 push-ups, but--with more practice, there shall be more! You're doing weightlifting too, that's even better! >:D Keep at it, especially if you feel good from it, it will help with a TON of things :D

• 4 months later...
Guest Miss_Construe

You seem to be doing really well.

Muscle is denser than fat (roughly 1 g/ml vs 0.75 - 0.8 g/ml depending on water content, electrolyte balance, etc) so please do not over trust the scale about telling you how great you look. Also, keep eating well as your body is still developing, including height. I know many who gained an inch or two their freshman year of college.

As for weight training:

I would also try to do some pull-ups along with push-ups in training. You could pick up a door jam pull-up bar at many stores. By training all around you can see gains in other areas of your body as far as strength and endurance is concerned. This is because you body is balanced muscularly so your muscles can focus more on what you want them to do. Also, train from the core out (abs -> hips,glutes,thighs,chest,back -> shoulders -> calves, biceps, triceps) so that you have a foundation on which to use your strength.

I really hope that helps and the best of luck.