• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Scary Experience

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

First off, I encourage all Transgendered folks to always be aware of their surroundings!

Something happened to me yesterday that terrified me and left me shaken all day...

Here it is,,,,

Saturdays I go to electrolysis..3 hours on the table..DANG!

It's over an hour drive north of me and I live in the boonies of Ohio..Interstate most of the way...

Well, I leave at 6:45 A.M. for my 8:00 appointment...semi-dark/light out and hardly a car in sight!

I notice a car behind me ...maybe 1/4 mile back with it's headlights on..I check a couple of more times and it still way back there..it and me are the only two on the entire road!

Suddenly he comes roaring past me to maybe 10 car lengths in the left lane...

Then....Oh my God...he slows down to be right beside me...

There in the old Reliant K car are two "Good 'ole boys....looking at me ...both turned to the right staring at me...Camo hats, scruffy beards...looks as if they were living out of the car..total wreck of a beast...

They stayed beside me for 1-2 miles...I don't really know..I was too worried...

Suddenly they took off pulling about 10 car lengths ahead of me and signaled into my lane...Good, they're gone...

Then they started slowing down causing me to slow down...60-50-40-30..OH MY GOD! THEY WERE TRYING TO GET ME TO STOP! DANG!

I pulled a weapon out of my purse and put it on my lap...shaking like a leaf...

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TO ME! I made it back from 'Nam...I was NOT going to get it here like this!

I stood on the brakes and they were looking at me....

I floored it and went around them like a bat outa hell!

I accelerated to about 90 and in my mirror I could see a cloud of smoke from their car as they tried to catch up....ain't no way

God...I wished a trooper would of stopped me ...

Made it to my appointment shaken and crying...I was scared and mad!

Latter that night I told my wife all about it...

She said that they saw a woman alone in a vulnerable place and it could of been really bad for me...

I'm still a mess...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest qRachelp

That's VERY scary, Donna Jean. If it were me, I'd first put my left hand to my left ear, when they first started looking at me, to act like I was talking on a cell phone.

Next: If they did actually block the road in front of me, and I couldn't get around them, I'd slam on the breaks, throw my car in reverse, cut the steering wheel hard left to spin a 180 (as much as possible, anyway) while keeping my vehicle in between ditches, and then I'd hopefully have my back-end pointing towards either their broadside or their front-end if they're trying to give chase to me. Either way they're screwed because I'm gonna throw my car in reverse and ram the holy you know what out of them a couple of good times back and fourth (keeping my head down in case they're shooting), and either their broadside doors are gonna be crushed in and their car's wheels pushed sideways to the point where there car is stricken immobile, or I will slam their front end, busting their radiator. The reason I'd turned around in the first place is I wouldn't want to bust my own radiator. If you EVER have to play "crash up derby" with a couple of goons like that, make sure you show 'em your tail right before slam 'em with it; never hit them with your front end 'cause you need your radiator.

Yeah, I know, I'm playing "armchair quarterback", but keep the REVERSE PLAY in mind.

I'm glad you're safe, Donna Jean. Maybe you might reschedule your appointments for a later time, if you can, during the winter months when the nights are so long. Heck, I don't know how Ohio is, but in Arkansas, on country roads right before dawn, hitting a deer is a distinct possibility.

Anyway, remember the REVERSE PLAY if you need it.

XX,

Rachel

Guest Donna Jean

Thanks, Hon.....

Yes, deer are a significant danger here in Ohio, too...

I do appreciate the driving tips, but, it wasn't an option...I was driving my little Tracker with no frame and dang little sheet metal....

I wish that I had been in my Chevy Silverado...3 tons of steel...

It was only the fact that they were driving a beater that they weren't able to catch to me...

My car isn't that fast, either!

It was awful....

Love

Donna Jean

Guest qRachelp
Thanks, Hon.....

Yes, deer are a significant danger here in Ohio, too...

I do appreciate the driving tips, but, it wasn't an option...I was driving my little Tracker with no frame and dang little sheet metal....

I wish that I had been in my Chevy Silverado...3 tons of steel...

It was only the fact that they were driving a beater that they weren't able to catch to me...

My car isn't that fast, either!

It was awful....

Love

Donna Jean

A TRACKER?! Goddess was on your side, woman. I'm SOOO glad you made it out of there. That's it; you MUST reschedule your appointments for an hour later.

(((O))),

Rachel

• Admin

OMG, Dee Jay, I'm so glad you're safe and it turned out OK.

It just as well could have turned out differently.

It doesn't even sound like they had a clue about you being trans, they just figured they would have

some fun with a middle aged woman in the middle of nowhere.

I would have called the state troopers once you were safe so they could be on the lookout for these

jerks, but it doesn't matter now.

I'm glad you carry that piece, Hon. I know you never hope to have to use it, but I know you will if it

comes to that. Nothing like insurance...

(((BIG HUGGG)))

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, Carolyn, Sweetheart....

It never even occurred to me to dial 911....

I was just so scared...and at the time ...taking care of business...

And you know what was racing through my mind????

It was the morning after the Transgendered "Day of Remembrance"...

I guess that was on my mind while it was going down....

This is why we all need to stay aware as Trans people and as women! How ever you see yourself...be cautious!

HUGGGGGS!

Donna Jean

• Root Admin

Wow! That could have turned ugly. Glad to hear that you're ok and had your firearm with you as a measure of last resort. Like the American Express commercial says, "Don't leave Home Without It".

ME

Guest ChloëC

Donna Jean,

I'm so glad you were able to get out of there and are safe. Just be awfully careful if you're driving that distance again. Sounds like those neanderthals were intentionally out looking for someone to attack, which means they might be patrolling that road often.

You could still have your wife call in the report to the Highway Patrol. You probably have enough information to give a general description (and have her tell them those guys might have had Michigan plates. That will get the HP into gear ;) .)

Like that old line from Hill Street Blues, be careful out there!

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Donna Jean

]

Thanks, Chloe....

I've already made the call...

Something that I should of done earlier, but was not thinking straight enough...

I gave them description, scenario, everything....

I respect the Ohio State Highway Patrol....Very professional!

Now I wish that I had gotten the license number...dang...

Donna Jean

Guest Charlene_Leona

OMG DJ I'm so glad you made it through that encounter. One thing to remember is to listen to your female intuition. Mine is and has always been exceptionally strong and I wouldn't be alive now if I hadn't listened to it when it screamed at me. I bet yours was screaming loudly that evening. Be careful whenever your out by yourself sweetie especially on those Ohio back roads.

Charlene Leona

Guest Jean Davis

Hey Donna

I alway hung around demolition derby drivers when I was younger, Let me borrow that tracker for a month and I'll have your problem solved. ;) It's amazing what a couple of 5" solid round bumpers, some concrete in the frame and a good tune up will do. :lol::lol::lol:

LUV

Jean

Guest SusanKG

I'm so sorry you had that experience. It can be nasty out there, due to the one-in-a-hundred "some"thing heads running loose. You didn't mention if you had a phone with you. Very good protection in serious situations, and helpful in less serious ones. Even if you happen to be without service, waving it around and talking into it while you're getting a good look at the villians and their car tags might well prompt them to depart the jurisdiction. If that doen't work, you did have your backup piece.

SusanKG

Guest Amanda joan

Donna Jean,

I am so glad you are okay!!!

I can only hope that I am as clear headed as you were if that kind of situation should happen to me.

You are a smart and resourceful woman. You should be proud of yourself for taking actions that kept you out of danger.

Peace & Love Amanda[/size]

Wow Donna Jean! You are one lucky lady--hopefully the troopers will track those guys down---can't be too many horrible losers in a trashy K car trolling the interstate--stay safe!

Guest Charlene_Leona

Another useful tool in this kind of encounter is a camera, before cell phones I had some punks harassing me and they got me cornered and started to come up on my car I whipped the old AE1 out and started snapping pictures. They turned tail and ran the funny part was I didn't have a frame of film in the camera at the time. :o

They were hoping to scare you into stopping - and I agree they were looking for a female victim. I just hope they get stopped before they try to get another girl.

Good you hot tailed it out of there and I agree...it would of been better if a cop did stop you.

Anyway, I'm just happy you're ok.

wow that is really scary. At least you are able to own a gun. You can't own one here in NYC. Only the bad guys and crazy teenage boys have them as well as the cops. I would find someone th go with me next time.

kelly

• Forum Moderator

Dee Jay,

Thank God that you're ok. The Good Lord was definately watching over you on that one. Truly thank the "Man" that they weren't able to stop you. Because you woulda had only one option and you know what that would've been. You wouldn't had any other choice because if they had discoved your situation it woulda been horrible for you, if you would've survived it at all. Thank God that we can carry in this state now.

This also alarmed me that my neice has been travelling that road going up to New Philly. In fact I think it was Friday eve that her car overheated right there at the "C" exit. She callled ger daughter to come & get her. But, before he daughter got there some man stopped to see what happened, he propositioned her for a tow. But, thankfully a Smokie showed up and the dude split. I will tell her aboput that old K car on the loose. Oh, if you find out that they caught these low-life sobs, please post right away or pm me.

Stay safe and take your truck, that way you can squash them like the trash they are.

Mike/Bulldog

Dee Jay,

I am so glad that nothing happened and that you are OK, that was really great thinking seems like those survival skills from being in country really kicked in. It really brings it home that everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings.

Huggs and Kisses

EricaG

Guest ~Brenda~

Oh My DJ,

That is so scary. Gosh, I was with you right now. Sweetie, If that ever happens again, call the police.

A trooper would be there in seconds to protect you.

I am glad that you are safe and sound now.

Love

Brenda

Hi Donna Jean,

What a scare that was for you . Your wife was obviously right, they saw a lone woman and "easy pickins" on their minds.

Things are as bad if not worse here and that, unfortunately, is the way it is . Bet gunning the car brought back a few 2 wheeled memories

girl??? :rolleyes: , glad your ok, luv,viv :)

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Donna Jean,

What a scare that was for you . Your wife was obviously right, they saw a lone woman and "easy pickins" on their minds.

Things are as bad if not worse here and that, unfortunately, is the way it is . Bet gunning the car brought back a few 2 wheeled memories

girl??? :rolleyes: , glad your ok, luv,viv :)

Thanks for your concern, Viv....

Yes, It was scary and this week (this morning) I had to drive the same route at the same time...

BUT!

I had a bigger weapon this time!

Love

Donna Jean